ACACIA HADES 7 BROKE MY CAPS LOCK

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by TMB, Jun 20, 2012.

1. TMB

TMB SS.org Regular

Hey All!:hbang:

Just Giving a quick review of the amazing custom seven string I had built by the guys at Acacia Custom Guitars.

Here are the main specs !

Scale : 27.5 inch
    Neck : flame maple
    Fretboard : flame maple
    Tuners : Gotoh
    Body : Mahogany with a Burl Maple Cap (head stock capped also)
    Bridge : USA floyd rose 7 (black)
    Pickups : aftermath 7 (bridge) Painkiller 7 (neck)
    Finish : oiled

Features : (5) Everything about this guitar is amazing! Top Quality hand selected timbers and components used; not to forget to mention the finish is immaculate.

[​IMG]

Sound : (5) The tight sound you get from the extended range is something if been searching for endlessly in stock built guitars. There is no gouge in the sound at all particularly if you really hit the strings hard. The bridge pickup gives you a really aggressive yet defined sound, allowing for clarity when playing really fast technical riffs through a high gain amp!
    The neck pickup is much the same but with a much smoother tonal characteristic which is great for lead.

[​IMG]

Action, Fit & Finish (4) The action and finish of this guitar couldn't be better! The only problem i had was adjusting to the new scale length! Muscle memory in my hands is locked down pretty hard on the 25.5 scale!

[​IMG]

Reliability (5) The wiring of this guitar is rock solid and i have had no problems whatsoever with it. Its tuning is very stable even with the floyd unlocked at the nut it hold very well once the strings are stretched in.

[​IMG]

Customer Support (10) Scott and Joe were super communicative during the build process sending photos weekly or as soon as available! I don't know whether they sleep or not ? Because they reply to you at all hours of the night...possibly vampires not sure.. But it works out so that you can get a fast reply for any queries you have; which is something I might add that "professionals" everywhere should really look at getting into!!!

Overall rating (5) This guitar is awesome. It would be a crime not to mention the overall affordability of them also. An affordable custom shop seems like a bit of an oxymoron right? Not in this case.Send them a quote form through for your next axe before you wander into your normal shop for you next guitar.

Thanks for reading

TMB!

2. Volteau

Volteau the Bard Contributor

My god... I'm definitely selling my PRS to fund on of these.

3. Dommak89

Dommak89 SS.org Regular

Nice review. Makes me want to save up for one of those.

4. engage757

engage757 Banned

Those pickup routes look HUGE!

5. Wrecklyss

Wrecklyss SS.org Regular

Acacia uses some of the most beautiful wood i've ever seen on a guitar, and they really surprised me how low their prices are. Couldn't believe an American built custom guitar could actually be affordable. Watch these guys, it won't take long for them to catch on big time.:hbang: