Acacia guitars Hades 7 string (buckeye burl)

Discussion in 'Guitar Reviews' started by xshreditupx, May 20, 2012.

1. xshreditupx

xshreditupx tats+metal=life

so basically i am in love. i cant believe how well this guitar plays. there are few guitars that have impressed me to the level of doing a review, i feel like this is one of those guitars. scott (owner) has really impressed me. not only with the quality and playability of his guitars, but with his customer service and ability to create exactly what i see in my head.

review time

features: this guitar has everything i could have hoped for all the way down the last detail. functional and great looking, it holds up to any guitar i have ever played and still impressing me with his attention to detail.

sound: the guitar really sounds amazing, the ideas for the wood combination really put the tone together for me. using the rosewood in the neck instead of a harder wood really was a smart choice. anyone who knows me knows my brain is all over the place when it comes to getting a custom built, so i really needed a little guidance and scott was right there. not to mention multiple conversations with Joe B who works for Acacia and is super smart about guitar builds. these guys are easy to talk to and know their stuff.

Action, fit, and finish: with the zero fret the action is crazy low. lower than any other 7 i have ever owned with minimal buzz. its unreal how fast it is.

the guitar is put together well, all the knobs and switches are out of the way, and the heel and contours of the guitar are smart and well thought out.

all i can say about the look of this guitar is look for yourself. its a banger. he killed this build.

Reliability: once i set this guitar up, i have literally had to tune it ONCE. no bullshit. little adjustments here and there with the fine tuners but i have not unlocked the nut in a week, and its still spot on.

Customer support: before the zircote fretboard, there was an issue. there was a problem with the truss rod and i couldnt get the neck to sit right. scott took it back, and built me a new neck with out a thought. not only did he go out of his way to get it together for me and make it perfect, he went above and beyond with time and kept in contact. none of that, well you have to pay for this or that bullshit. THE MAN STANDS BEHIND HIS WORK. his builds are only as long as they need to be and he is easy to deal with A++++

Over all rating: i woud give this guitar a 5 out of 5. its perfect. the only thing that could make it better is if i had a matching pair. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. davefoxtattoos

davefoxtattoos SS.org Regular

Top looks awesome, Pat! Sounds like you might've found a keeper this time!

3. xshreditupx

dave i cant tell you how nasty this guitar is. we need to get together soon and have a guitar day hang out

4. JayMarrero

JayMarrero S'Mint!

This is seriously beautiful!! Congrats on this Pat! May I ask,how long did it take to get built? I placed an order with these guys about month ago and looking at pics like these just makes me more anxious! :D

5. xshreditupx

I'm pretty sure it took about 2 months or so. Honestly I was so in touch w those guys the time flew. He is on top of his game

6. bazguitarman

bazguitarman Half assed at best

Tennessee, home of hillbillies and halfstacks.
    Damn......That is stunning. Seriously. Congrats on that bad assed guitar.

7. groverj3

groverj3 Biologist/Guitarist

Holy mother of god.

Jesus, Mary, Zeus, Ur, and Albert Einstein would approve of this guitar.

... I have no idea what that means, but this thing is !@#$ing beautiful!

8. iRaiseTheDead

iRaiseTheDead Ashes Of Rebirth

Hands down, one of the sickest wood finishes out there IMO!
    Nice!

9. Divinehippie

Divinehippie ESaD ;)

that headstock is seriously one of the nicest i have ever seen! fucking awesome guitar man, i think when i get the cash flow together i'm going to get an Acacia Bass. i've been seriously impressed with the stuff they've been puitting out.