Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Blake1970, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

Anyone interested in this? Read the book?

Michael T and Randy like this.
  2. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

I'm probably going to end up watching it, never read the book though.

3. Volteau

Volteau the Bard Contributor

I'm gonna watch it if only for the randomness of the concept. :D

4. Michael T

Michael T Sea Turtles mate Contributor

What the Hell did I just see ?!?!, Lincoln , Vampires agggh my brain hurts.

Gotta see that.

5. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

Gonna see this as soon as it comes out. I love the concept, and it looks great.

6. edrowley

edrowley SS.org Regular

I'm actually about 9/10 of the way through the book. It's pretty interesting. The thing to keep in mind is that it's more historical record of Abe hunting vampires and their involvement in the civil war. It jumps around quite a bit as it's narrated from journal entries supposedly penned by Lincoln.

The only downside is that I consider Abraham Lincoln probably our greatest president. This kind of tarnishes that view a bit. IMHO, I probably would have rather have seen a different historical figure used instead of Lincoln.

I'll probably go see the movie (just to see how they pulled off some stuff from the book). Also, from the trailer, there appears to be a LOT more action than what was in the book.

my .02 worth

7. Dommak89

Dommak89 SS.org Regular

Sorry for necro-bumping, but has anybody watched it and tell me if its even worth watching in theatres (it just came out here in Germany) or even renting on DVD? It just seems so ... random.

8. The Hobbit

The Hobbit SS.org Regular

Thanks for the video, It’s been years that I’ve been wanting for a movie like this to come to the theatre, The title itself brings excitement for viewers to watch the video.

9. SirMyghin

SirMyghin The Dirt Guy Contributor

I missed it due to work (it wasn't in the theatre long enough), waiting for the DVD now :lol:

Dommak, I don't think it is going to be good, but I think it will be fun to watch.

10. iRaiseTheDead

iRaiseTheDead Ashes Of Rebirth

When I saw the trailed a while back I thought this was a hoax xD

11. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

What's next? Mahatma Gandhi zombie hunter? Che Guevara warewolf vanquisher? Talk about dried up creative juices Mr. Burton. I like action movies as much as the next guy but I can think of myself as watching it even as a b-movie.

12. MFB

MFB ExBendable

^ Uh, hate to burst your bubble but this movie was originally a book that was for comedic value only and wasn't intended to be taken as historical fact? No need to get in a huff about it, just take it for what it is: an action movie with a ridiculous plot and solid effects and you shouldn't have any problem sitting through it.

I would also watch all of the fake movies you named. Literally, all of them.

PS - Tim Burton's name is on here as a Producer/Executive Producer I believe which just means he threw a bunch of money at it to get more money in return

13. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I believe Hollywood is in the works making Pride Prejudice and Zombies (also by the same author). I think they made a game of that too.

As for Lincoln, it was a fun ride that you don't have to take too seriously.

14. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Yeah, that's another one that started out as a comic and is now being adopted to the big screen but I haven't read it nor do I care for ANYTHING to do with Pride & Prejudice. It's one of those things that you'd have to have like, the main family be all zombies and half the people want to kill them while the daughter tries to find love and ends up becoming a werewolf and has to live this insane double-life and shit and it gets totally out of hand.

...I've never read P&P but I think it's about love between classes right? :ugh:

15. Bekanor

Bekanor Renegade Folk Hero

Don't really want to carry on a necro bump but I saw this last weekend and it was awesome.

Grab some popcorn, suspend disbelief and enjoy.

16. edrowley

edrowley SS.org Regular

Read the book.. saw the movie...

Book 7/10
    Interesting story. Was kind of cool to see how the author worked the whole vampire thing into historical events. Could have easily been someone other than Lincoln. Using the president seemed to "cheapen" the story a bit.

Movie 2/10
    Not the typical "book is better than the movie" comment. This movie was horrible. Nothing like the book. Nothing in the movie that resembled what I liked about the book. Made up characters, scenes put in for action aspect only. Was really terrible.