About the public ban list (non-negative) and another question

Discussion in 'Site News & Support' started by TreWatson, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben.Last

Ben.Last Formerly Lern2Swim

I think things would be a bit clearer in regard to this aspect of it were Mischa's threads not deleted. According to him, they started out as suggestions/requests/demands for positive change. However, since they've been 1984ed, no one who didn't see them knows. I understand, in part, the bannings in relation to the aspects you've brought up. However, if things were escalated due to even constructive criticism being swept under the rug, I could understand why.

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

^^^ If you read those threads, they were anything but constructive. :2c:

3. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

+1 :agreed:

The other thing people seem to forget is this isn't a democracy, you're a guest on a site somebody else owns and pays a decent amount of money to operate. You don't have any rights. If Alex feels you're being a disruptive pain in the ass he has every right to ban you. It was also the same way when Chris ran things, which a lot of people seem to forget.

Also let me say thank you to the remaining mod staff for continuing to get this mess under control.

4. Ben.Last

Ben.Last Formerly Lern2Swim

Saying "you don't have any rights" is a bit of an overstatement (I'm assuming you didn't mean it literally). What exactly is the legality of a terms of use agreement anyway? I have always assumed that it was a legally binding contract. I'm not sure about the enforcement on the user end of things though.

Anyway, this is all rather tangental.

5. Deadnightshade

Deadnightshade U gonna eat that?

I'm not as long as you guys here,but this whole situation makes me sad.

That line that "there's no democracy here" i can stand when mods ban for some reason,but caring for the site and taking actions if you can't see any improvement if the "king" is absent is something good for me.I can also understand Alex for getting pissed of.And i also understand that he has no reason to let the site sink from the time he pays for it.So we're full of good intentions but we're too hot headed.

It could be worse though..If it's not for one person to pay the fees...imagine if each member had to pay 5 bucks each year..Image the disputes from everyone claiming a part in the decisions of this forum just because they paid :lol:

BTW the ironic thing is that i have next to me a borrowed copy of the Marvel Civil War :lol:

6. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

This is an Internet Guitar Forum that I paid money to help run. I believe I have every right to be mad just like anyone else. This isn't a personal vendetta against certain members/mods/admin, but just a general anger about the situation. I think that is what you guys are not understanding. Maybe you just have different priorities. :shrug:

Ben.Last likes this.
  7. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

:agreed:

I'm not a contributor, but I gladly would, once the issues we've addressed get fixed.

8. eaeolian

eaeolian Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore! Super Moderator

Look, I was a contributor before I became a mod, so I know what you're saying, but this isn't constructive. Some members did something stupid, pissed off the Admin and got a 30 for it. Why is it such a big deal?

Anyway, if this horse was any deader, it would be pushing up the daises. :locked:

severussnape likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.