Abominable Electronics Pedals and Effects

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Blytheryn, May 26, 2017.

1. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

So idle curiosity anybody know what opamp he's using the Don't Shred on Me? I always get curious when somebody talks about a magic chip nobody else is using :lol:

2. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Order confirmed. Thanks for the heads-up duuuudes :yesway:

feraledge and Blytheryn like this.
  3. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

You joining the Throne Torcher legions? :metal:

feraledge likes this.
  4. narad

narad SS.org Regular

You know it. I was bummed - I'm in the UK so I've been trying to keep tabs on when 9am would be over there, forgot, checked it at 9:10, everything sold out except for like the TS9 thing basically. Refreshed a few minutes later, most of everything became in stock :) Guess I checked a little too soon.

feraledge and Blytheryn like this.
  5. Blytheryn

That's awesome. His opening hit me at the wrong time of the month. If he'd have waited a week I'd have a Don't Shred on Me (hopefully he cranks out some DLX versions soon?) on the way. It's glorious.
    [​IMG]

6. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Ha, I didn't realize, that artwork is pretty genius.

Blytheryn likes this.
  7. technomancer

Except he's not taking orders anymore, he's strictly selling in stock pedals through the website. If it's in stock you buy it and it ships, if it's not you watch for what you want to come in stock. Seems like he is putting batches of pedals up every 2 weeks or so now and is posting what is going to be released a few days beforehand on social media.

8. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Interesting. Hopefully that works a bit better for the brand and their fans.

9. technomancer

Yeah I think it is a much better approach for all involved.

feraledge and ArtDecade like this.
  10. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

Happy to say I'll be joining the Throne Torcher Club! Thanks to technomancer for what I consider a very reasonable price, I can't wait to get this thing in hand.
    I have used my MIT HM2 without gain and eq'd well below max both in front and in the effects loop of my 6505 with good effect, but really started to fall in love with the sound all over again used in front of my Kemper running a JCM800 profile with the amp gain dialed back to control the saturation and feedback and then kick the input in the teeth with the HM2 full level boost, no gain, and again eq to taste. I get chainsaw, harmonics, and dynamics when I dig into a note, but it is controllable and stays tight and articulate. I can reduce my pick attack to alter the amount of chainsaw for fast and legato runs as well. I'm just hoping the Throne Torcher has a slightly less nasally mid frequency vs the MIT.

feraledge and technomancer like this.
  11. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

That also sounf... sounf what?

12. DudeManBrother

It cut me off mid sentence and posted for some reason. Maybe I have a fat thumb, who knows.
    I was going to say the HM300 also has an outrageously unusable dimed mid frequency but dialed back somewhere around 3 o'clock, I actually prefer that pedal to the MIT. I've never played with a MIJ, but hopefully the Throne Torcher will be exactly what I want and I'll never worry about it, unless of course they drop back to around $30 like it was when I got my MIT many years ago, and the shop I bought it from told me the pedal was "useless" haha.

Blytheryn likes this.
  13. Blytheryn

I made some dumb crap quality in the room demos with my old iphone. I wouldn't call this pedal nasal.

Also this video is pretty awesome:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    DudeManBrother likes this.
  14. DudeManBrother

Nice man, I've actually watched your videos before and they definitely helped me decide to try and find one. It's the LED diode stage that intrigues me the most with this particular pedal. It seems to bring a modern punch and clarity based on sound samples I've listened to.
    I play a blend of melodic death and tech death so maintaining clarity is high priority, but when you get infected by a Swedish Chainsaw, you don't stop experimenting until you find a way to make it a part of your sound. It's perfect for all the trem picking I do, and if I did more slow chug stuff it would be perfect, but I'm looking for a very particular gain structure to use it for more technical playing in the 200-225 bpm 1/8th note department and I think this pedal is my best shot at achieving the sound I have in my head.

15. cmtd

cmtd SS.org Regular

This thread got the GAS going pretty bad last week. Snatched this up, showed up today. Now I need a Throne Torcher...

[​IMG]

feraledge and technomancer like this.
  16. DudeManBrother

Haha no joke, I've never really been a "pedal guy" but Abominable Electronics seem to make all the cool clones with just the right modern features, and have graphics that make any other pedal on the board look less special. Off to YouTube to check out Don't Shred on Me demos!

Blytheryn likes this.
  17. feraledge

feraledge Black Walnut Pounding Bragger Contributor

It's definitely not the intended purpose, but when you stick it in the loop, you get some line related issues that means it doesn't function quite the same, BUT if you max the EQ, you get the chainsaw vibe and a ton more clarity. Worth giving it a shot. I think that plus a blend pedal would go a really long way for a single head rig.

Blytheryn likes this.
  18. DudeManBrother

Yeah I can send it to the loop of the Kemper and control how much I want to blend it. I'll probably write a couple classic death metal songs too so I can just crank it and really get "that sound" too.

19. Blytheryn

Hoping he'll make a Throne Torcher Deluxe, with a blend and maybe some other fun stuff, or just stick it on to the next ones... Joe from Lone Wolf might lose his shit though. :lol:

A cool thing that would be dope to see would be an Hellmouth/DSoM in a single enclosure, so I can skip buying both of them and run a tubescreamer tone into a don't shred just for the EQ on that. Madness. I'll float it by Patrick when he gets off of vacation.

20. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

I was playing around with the kemper's version of the hm-2 earlier today just to see if I even like that dimed chainsaw tone (been thinking about getting a throne torcher pedal). I hate the dimed sound but if I cut out some of the mids around 650-1200hz with a graphic eq it makes the chainsaw a lot more subtle, plus if you slightly boost the low end it gives this ridiculous chunk. The chunk plus chainsaw is so fucking brutal.