A NAMM subsection

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by OmegaSlayer, Jan 23, 2015.

1. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

What about opening a NAMM subsection?
    NAMM is pretty big and it's our XMas.
    When NAMM is around though, due to the excitement the news are all over the place, still easier to find than browsing the internet, but still a mess.
    Maybe having a section opened for some days before NAMM and a couple of months after it's ended would help to keep things and news at hand.

stevexc likes this.
  2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I think a general "New Stuff" sub-forum wouldn't be too bad. That way it can cover both NAMM shows, Messe in Europe, and the occasional non-show release from some of the bigger names.

3. ferret

ferret Not worthy

"Trade Shows & New Releases" perhaps?

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Pretty much.

It's been a dream of mine over the last few years to finally have somewhere to throw the huge amount of "Look what Agile just did!" threads we have dupe all over the place. :lol:

5. OmegaSlayer

Besides your Agile passion, it's a mess to search for the news stuff between videos and NGDs. :lol:

6. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

Heavily moderated threads for new product info only and separate discussion threads would be fantastic. It's hell trying to dig through 19 pages of scans and leaks and whining and jokes to just find "Here's what Brand X is releasing this time!"

7. OmegaSlayer

There could be threads just for the news (a thread for each manufacturer), some kind of showcase, and threads only to discuss the news.

In my past experience as forums staffer, I remember I could have a disclaimer popping up when people tried to post in some section, it wasn't vbullettin based though.
    If this forums allows this feature, the disclaimer could pop up to remember that only news are to be posted, thus lifting some moderation off the shoulder of the staff.

8. RV350ALSCYTHE

RV350ALSCYTHE SS.org Regular

I'm sure a respected member with great writing skills would enjoy writing up/creating threads with new product info.
    This could keep everything consistent (same format) and easier to find/dig through (use a tag in the title so it would be easy to search and find the new product reviews/releases).

Kind of like a weekly newsletter or article.

If the forum went this route, we could just lock these articles to prevent useless posting, which can be diverted to discussion threads where everyone can voice opinions on the products, leaving the Actual Product thread short, clean and to the point.

I feel your pain, in regards to some of these messy threads, 20 pages and all here-say and speculation :lol:
    No Pics to be found.

9. ferret

ferret Not worthy

I think SSO is still running vBB 3, or at least the theme doesn't seem to have been updated to vBB4 or vBB5... But picking some editors like that, they could use vBB's CMS portal and there would be a front page for newsletters/articles to be on. The comment threads for an article in the vBB CMS are really forum threads, so it's all set.

Articles can be user submitted and then "promoted" to the front page, so there's an ability to curate articles.