7 string multiscale acoustic in 2017

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by miketeachesclass, Jul 23, 2017.

1. miketeachesclass

miketeachesclass SS.org Regular

Is anyone making a reasonably priced wood 7 string multi scale acoustic in 2017? I'm aware of greenfield, but that's a little rich for my blood right now. I would be fine with emerald, but I'm a little wary of the sound of carbon fiber. (Please correct me if that concern is unnecessary).

I've searched the hell out of the forum, but haven't been able to find much.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

How about the Agiles? I've got a steel string 8 (with straight frets) that is amazing quality for the money. Everyone likes the value of Agiles, and the Renaissance 7s and 8s are no exception. If you're unfamiliar, here's the general site: http://www.rondomusic.com/index.html.
    There are no steel string 7s in stock atm, but you can ask Kurt when the new ones might arrive. Or look on ebay/reverb for a used Agile 7.

3. miketeachesclass

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a sort of preconceived notion against the Agile's quality, but I'm totally willing to believe that's unfounded. As long as it sounds good, I'm game.

Has anyone used the emerald?

4. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Assuming your information is still valid and you're in the States still, Agile is a good bet. QC on them is spotty but they have an amazing return / exchange policy to make up for that, and on average they are good guitars.

Their electrics, at least. I've never played an acoustic.

5. miketeachesclass

Yes, I'm in the states.

I'll check out agile. Thanks guys.