6505+ tone

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Bass head, Oct 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bass head

Bass head SS.org Regular

I recently picked up a 6505+ combo and I'm looking for some good presets anything from prog to metalcore to Djent tone wise I just want some cool tones to play with

2. MarcusProg

MarcusProg SS.org Regular

The best thing you can do is work out some tones on your own. That being said, I hear the 6505+ likes a boost pedal, but I'd first see if you can get a good djenty sound out of the lead channel on your own. Best thing is to lower the gain as low as you can get it, but still retain some decent saturation.

By lowering the gain, you lower the amount of compression on your signal, allowing more of your attack transient to come through. Also lower the bass a bit on your rhythm sounds, as the low frequencies will loosen things up, which isn't what you want in a djenty tone.

As far as metalcore goes, just slap a boost pedal like a TS9 or an OD808 and call it a day. But for prog, depending on the specific kind, you're gonna want to keep things relatively low gain if you can, similar to a djent approach. However, you have more leeway with what to do with the bass, treble, and middle knobs. Hope this helps!

3. ridner

ridner Bastard of Thousands

put everything at 6 and go from there

4. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

^that, though I'd start with the gain at 3.5 or 4