6505 mid set stops making any sound, whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Gmork, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

so i had a show in vancouver this saturday. it was all going well until mid song i suddenly get NO sound at all from my 6505. i try to jiggle/tighten cords, nothing. i try from my guitar straight to the amp with different cords and NOTHING. thankfully someone let me borrow their amp to finish. any professional/educted thoughts about what the problem might be?

2. warped

warped SS.org Regular

Have heard cleaning the effects loop jacks can make a difference (electrical contact cleaner on a cable, plug in/out/in/out/in/out of effects loop jacks). Also try using a patch cable/guitar lead to connect your effects loop send to return to see if it makes any difference.

This might get it working again, and at least help rule out any tube issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VoTZkru8Y0

3. KailM

KailM SS.org Regular

There's been a couple of times where, in the process of moving my amp to a gig, one of the power tubes became unseated slightly. It may not show up at first, but after you start playing it could unseat and stop producing sound.

First thing I'd try is to check all of your tubes to make sure they're seated. Pull them out and re-insert them, making sure they're all the way in.

But it also could be just a bad tube. Welcome to tube amps.