5150 III 100 vs 5150 III Stealth

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by BadSeed, Jan 3, 2018.

1. BadSeed

BadSeed SS.org Regular

Title pretty much says it all. I picked up a 5150 III 100 watt recently for an absolutely ridiculous price of $500. I was really planning on flipping it for a quick profit as I already have a 6505+ and have owned a 50W 5150 III before, but holy shit, this thing just does it for me.

Someone about 1.5 hours from me offered me their 5150 II stealth for $1350, which seems like a good deal as well, but I am hesitant as I don't know that the stealth would be worth the extra investment over the regular model.

I'm not missing the resonance knobs on the 100 watt as I can get the low end dialed in just fine on all 3 channels. And with as much as I love the 100 watt, I'm not sure the stealth is going to be able to do anything better vs just being a little different.

Can anyone chime in with experience here?

2. BadSeed

BadSeed SS.org Regular

Why was this thread moved? It was in the proper section.

skmanga likes this.
  3. HerbalDude420

HerbalDude420 SS.org Regular

I would assume your correct. Its just a slightly different voicing something you probably could get with some knob twisting and an OD. I would not think its worth it.

4. Webmaestro

Webmaestro Ibanez Fanatic Contributor

I'd say that if you really love the 5150 III, I wouldn't risk selling it just to get the Stealth... which you may or may not like as much, or at all. I really like the Stealth (don't own one, but wish I did), it's just not worth it to say goodbye to an amp you already know you love. My opinion.