20 year old guitarist seeking signed, nationally touring act.

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by TyrelLynes, Aug 4, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyrelLynes

TyrelLynes SS.org Regular

Hi my name Is Tyrel Lynes. I've been playing guitar for about 8 years now and I can play just about anything. I've played all kinds of styles, from blues, to Jazz, to Classic Rock, to Technical Death Metal. My gear consists of a Gibson Les Paul Standard that I upgraded, a PRS Mark Tremonti SE as a back up, My amp is a Traynor YCS Custom Special 100H, right now I'm running an Avatar cab loaded with Celestian Vintage 30's that I'm going to trade in for for the matching ab for the head. I run all Monster cables only, I have a Damn good wireless, and I got some pedals in a pedal board. I can't read music, and I don't know a ton about theory, but I can play anything, and I write my own music as well. I have a "look" that attracts kids, and I'm looking to play something almost mainstream, in the veil of The Word Alive, Periphery, Asking Alexandria, you know, something to make money, but I want it to shred hard. but hey, if there any prog metal bands out there that are looking for a 6 stringer who knows how to "djent" out, and shred hard, I'm down for that too. So if you're interested, hit me up, if you got material you want me to learn, to test my chops, send me something you've written. Serious bands only please.

Yaris likes this.
  2. eventhetrees

eventhetrees What's a Panini?

:lol:

...not sure if trolling or serious...

This is probably the LEAST likely means of joining a *signed* and *touring* band. I -- I'm just gonna stop there...

3. sixxgunneruv777bk

sixxgunneruv777bk SS.org Regular

Agreed.
    Yikes~

4. Michael T

Michael T Sea Turtles mate Contributor

............. :scratch:

5. MJS

MJS .

Sounds legit - you're hired. Go wait on your front porch with all your gear and the tour bus will be there to pick you up shortly.

6. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

Wait... this thread is still open?

I thought he got rich and famous and retired already ...

Coulda sworn I saw him on MTV Cribs...

I mean, it's been like five hours already ...

7. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Thank GOD you use only Monster cables. I'm sick of people not buying the hype and using cables designed my audio companies rather than marketing companies. If that alone doesn't get you a gig, then our world is truly broken.

8. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

"Serious bands only please."
    1 post.
    Joined today.
    No links to music/facebook/soundcloud/youtube.
    Has "some pedals".
    Dictating the terms of what bands can reach out to him (signed, touring, serious).
    20 years old.
    Has a "look that attracts kids".
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

9. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

I'm not going to knock you for trying. Keep it up, follow your dream, go for it, eff the naysayers, etc...

10. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

[​IMG]

I'm really sorry, kid of questionable existence, we're not making fun of you
    Just all that stuff that you said.

Keep on shreddin' hard!

I feel really bad about myself now...

11. Thep

Thep Blast & Sweep

If only it were that easy...

12. TyrelLynes

Hey figured I might as well try, I wasn't expecting some huge awesome band to reply, but I have hope that POSSIBLY someone knows of a SMALL touring band that's signed to some indie label that was looking for a guitarist, I don't have any recent vids of me playing guitar, some from when I was 16, before I somewhat knew what I was doing. I think it's kinda funny that you guys are talking smack, at least I'm trying :p hate away, your hating is just as amusing to me, as my ignorance is to you I'm sure haha.

13. FireInside

FireInside THE. DEAD. SEASON.

"20 year kid seeks to have everything handed to him on a silver platter without putting out any more effort than a single post on a forum."

Fucking kids these days. :lol:

Instead of trying to ride on someone else's coat tails how about you go get a job and earn your shit like the rest of us.

PS. Djent.:squint:

14. FireInside

By asking for a hand out? ha ha

"Trying" would be starting your OWN band, writing your OWN music, and booking your OWN shows. Good luck in the music biz people get eaten alive!

15. TyrelLynes

I have my own band, The Delirium Process, but things aren't going too well, we got ripped off when we recorded our demo, by the guy giving us half written drums, and replacing my entire guitar tone with reverb, creating an aweful demo, it was terrible. I do write my own songs, I do book shows, as well as show up to them and play them, the band I am currently in is in the process of recording a 5 song e.p. (legitimate this time around). The only reason why I made this post, is because my vocalist is going to college and yeah, band is looking like it's going to break up, we are just waiting for the e.p. to get finished up so we can use it as a resume. I also have a job, and buy all my own stuff, and support my musical addiction thank you for trolling on me, please, come again :D

P.S. Doesn't EVERY musician look to get a hand out and make it? Don't bash me because I'm open about and ACTUALLY trying to make it happen, where you probably just sit around thinking about how cool it would be if Mr. Petrucci walked in on you while you were showing off at guitar center and knew of a sweet band that needed another guitarist, while you're day dreaming, I'm doing whatever I can think of to get on the road and play shows, cause that's all I wanna do.

16. TimSE

TimSE Contributor

17. FireInside

:lol: Holy shit, took me a while to recover from that one. I have been in touring bands. I worked my ass off just for the pure enjoyment of playing music. I never did it for the money (as you have stated is your motivation) although the shows we were paid for did help with expenses. I have played with "big" bands and I have also traveled several hours to only play in front of the opening bands and their girlfriends. Shit is hard as fuck but I loved every minute of it. Sure I am all "growed" up now and no longer spend my days trying to be a rock star. But I still play music, everyday, for the RIGHT reasons. Because I love it.

Here is my advice: If you want to join a better band work your ass off and make some new friends in your local scene. Go to as many shows as possible...because you love the music. NOT because you want to get paid.

PS. I learned very early on that this "Mr. Petrucci" fellow only shops at Sam Ash....damn it.:fawk:

18. TyrelLynes

I never mentioned I want to do it for the money, now you're just putting words in my mouth, for an old man with such maturity, I would expect you to know better than to do that, wtf mate? I go to as many shows as possible (not just for the money... as you don't get paid for attending local shows... yeah.) The only problem is, the closest place we have shows is in Reno, an hour and a half away, and I don't have a car, as I spend all the money I make from my job on Instrument upkeep and bills etc. I do believe I said I wanted to join a band because I want to tour, not for money, I want that experience, I do a lot of other things besides make random posts on fanboy web sites. Al the advice you've given me, I am already working on, and have been for about 2 years now, but thanks anyways for your consideration. I play music for the right reasons, for fun. so please, don't give me shit about doing it for the money, cause that's just fucked up, I'm sure you would take offense if someone said that to you and called you a money whore, so keep it classy folks, please.

19. FireInside

I'll just leave this right here. ...

PS> I'm out before the mods get tired of this friendly little exchange we are having here.

Seriously though, I have been where you are. If you just enjoy the journey and do not expect much, everything is icing on the cake.

20. TyrelLynes

You never took into consideration that the money making bit, is the bit in which I want to be able to tour right? you can't tour without gas money... nuff said. It's like every time you say something about money, everyone thinks your a biz whore, what is with people these days?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.