2 PRS in one week?! DC-405 is here! (PTC content!)

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by HighGain510, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Well I found two good deals on some PRS that I wanted to grab so I did! :D This one started out as a PRS DC-3 (which is S-S-S stock) and the previous owner sent her in to the PTC to have it loaded with a PRS 513 bridge pickup, thus turning this puppy into a DC-405! :hbang: The neck is definitely on the thicker side, even more-so than my Wide-Fat McCarty neck. All sorts of tasty tones in this one! This is my first experience with both the 513 and 305 pickups, the singles can do the traditional strat tones pretty well with their own flavor (little beefier) and the bridge is capable of metal without issue.

The bridge pickup has two modes it seems, a lower output mod and the higher output mode and the prior owner told me that he had them go for the lower output mode to match the single coils and if this is low output, I have no issues leaving it as-is since the clean single coil tones at the middle/bridge mix sound awesome but the bridge alone on high gain sounds great! :hbang: This one is going to get sent to Chris Bavaria to get hit with the same Gold-to-Silver flip-flop finish as the McCarty mod project! :pimpin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm supposed to go visit Ryan next month and I'm bringing my Axe-II and some guitars so hopefully I can bring a few of these new ones and get some clips up finally. :D

2. Bigsby

Bigsby Nerd Contributor

are you seriousin' me right now? 2 prs's in a week?

you are now my mortal enemy!

:lol: just kidding but seriously though those are some killer looking guitars

:mad: but seriously you are my enemy now

3. themike

themike Chug Life

Takin' credit for Todds evil genious, you bastidddddddddd :lol: :rofl:

I love that guitar!

4. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I mentioned no less than two times that all the mods were done by the previous owner! :lol: ;) Todd had a great idea for this one, PRS superstrat? Yes please! :D Only concern I have on this one is the thicker neck, hand was cramping a little bit yesterday because I've been playing my Thorns and the ESP so much which have much thinner necks. We'll see if I adjust, if I can't before I send the McCarty in for paint not sure if this one will stay, but time will tell if I change my mind or not. It definitely SOUNDS awesome! :D

5. themike

themike Chug Life

Can you say Neck Recarve? ;)

And wait until you see the superstrat that Hans has been working on. Those people are sick in the mind :bowdown:

Did I miss the NGD for the non-PRS guitar yet? :scratch:

6. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Yeah I was curious how much that would run though.... for a bolt-on I would hope not more than $200 but I doubt that's the case. :( I got this one for a pretty good price, but I'd hate to keep sinking so much money into all these projects! :rofl:

I saw Han's sneak peak.... OFR PRS FTMFW! :flex: Can't wait to see that one (assuming BAM comes back soon... :squint:) when he finally posts final pics! :yesway:

Which one? :lol: I still have the ESP Custom Shop coming from the UK, I believe it's shipping today but still waiting on the tracking number to confirm that. The wait on that one is KILLING ME! :eek:

7. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Arkansas TechDeath

love that maple. hows it sound.

8. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

I'm hoping to get some clips together once I hang out with my buddy, but the singles sound just like your typical single coil tone but a little more bass/thickness to them. They can still jangle and get spanky but not super bright or harsh. The hum has two wiring modes it seems, so I can only comment on the lower gain wiring it is set up as currently. It seems to work well driving the amp enough that pinch harmonics still ring out as they would on my other higher output guitars, but with the side benefit of the middle coil + one coil from the hum position sounds VERY stratty. It's essentially a hot-rodded superstrat of the best variety if you don't need a Floyd! :D

9. soloist101

soloist101 SS.org Regular

Do you still have this guitar?

10. HighGain510

HighGain510 Contributor

Long gone, sadly. :(

11. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Holy epic necrobump :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.