2 Conductor Neck and 4 Conductor Bridge in Ibanez

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by guitaardvark, Jul 8, 2018.

1. guitaardvark

guitaardvark SS.org Regular

Hey everyone, back with more ridiculous questions.

So I have an Ibanez with a 5 way switch with the stock neck pickup and a 4 conductor DiMarzio Titan in the bridge. I wired the Titan per DiMarzio's diagram (http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/arturoo1977/media/bWVkaWFJZDo0MzM3Mjc2Nw==/?ref=) and kept the neck wiring stock with red on 3, white on 2, and ground to back of volume pot. However, positions 2 and 4 on the switch don't work anymore, meaning I can't split the coils. A couple of things:

1) I've seen people do this on forums and people always say that they won't be able to split the 2 conductor pickup. However, I was able to split the 2 conductor when I had both stock pickups, and the people on the forums are using a push/pull config instead of 5 way switch. Can I still split the neck using this config?
    2) Do I need to change the wiring for the neck pickup? I'm not entirely sure why positions 2 and 4 aren't working at all.

Thanks in advance!

2. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Pussy Melter

Is there a middle pickup or new switch you’re not mentioning? A guitar with two 2-conductor humbuckers and a five way, stock, doesn’t make sense.

3. guitaardvark

guitaardvark SS.org Regular

I don't really get it either. I figured it was some Ibanez magic, but the stock pickups just have two leads and a ground along with a 2502 switch.