FS 1989 ESP The Mirage Custom

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale / Trade / Wanted' started by thrashcomics, May 17, 2018.

1. thrashcomics

thrashcomics SS.org Regular

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: 1989 ESP The Mirage Custom
    Modifications (if any): Hipshot open gear grip lock tuners (UMP so o new holes), Tremol-No
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): Gigbag
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Brooklyn NY
    International OK? : no
    Contact Info (No Phone #s) PM me here.
    References (eBay or other forum userid): thrashcomics on ebay, sales and trades here, Reverb link in body
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $1200
    Pictures: Link to Reverb for pics.

I picked this beast up a few months ago but am now thinning out the flock of super strats. It is bone stock other than the Tremol-No and Hipshot open gear locking tuners (used the UMP so no new holes) I installed, those parts alone are $150 upgrade, original parts will be included as well. It sounds and plays as amazing as you would expect. It’s is a mahogany body (MIGHT be alder. Specs are hard to track down from those days.), maple neck, and ebony fretboard

As far as the age it is a little weird, but my research tells me this is actually a prototype. The serial number indicates it is a 1989. The now current headstock was not OFFICIALLY used line wide until 1991/1992 but you can find images from the 1989 catalog with this headstock as well as the old Jackson copy one.

Will ship with a padded gigbag.

I am not in a rush to sell it but will entertain offers.

inhumanform likes this.
  2. thrashcomics

3. thrashcomics