1969 Fender Bassman

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Danukenator, May 11, 2012.

1. Danukenator

Danukenator Kane's Bane

I have a couple questions about this thing. First off, anyone ever played one? This one has a head and a 15" speaker cab. I might be able to get this for around 500$. Tolex is rough and beaten but the thing works.

Any input?

2. cardinal

cardinal SS.org Regular

Might have better luck asking around on The Gear Page. I'm no help with this one.

3. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

YES!! If it's in working order $500 is a steal.

The 15" ones were targeted at the steel/lap-steel guitar players. But are awesome none the less.

Probably gonna be the best clean sound you've ever heard. If memory serves, 1968 was a transition year with some being 'blackface' and some 'silverface'...not too sure though. What's the one in question? Blackfaced is the more desirable.

4. adadglgmut

adadglgmut Notes from a Ghost

Buy! BUY! BUUUY!

68's are awesome heads. I've never used one with the 15 inch cab, but they sound great through a 412. Huge sound, awesome cleans. They take pedals really well up front too.

If this is in fact a silverface, you can have it modded to blackface specs fairly easily.

5. Hemi-Powered Drone

Hemi-Powered Drone Dragonblade629

$500? If I was your parent I would disown you if you didn't buy that, $500 is an absolute steal for such a beautiful sounding amp.

6. Necky379

Necky379 SS.org Regular

buy it, you'll love it. i had a silverface head modded to blackface specs and it was truly awesome though a musicman 412 w/stock alnicos. needed cash more than i needed a clean/blues overdrive tone at the time so i sold it.