~15 seconds of guitar and then nothing

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Pontiacdude210, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Pontiacdude210

Pontiacdude210 SS.org Regular

I am experimenting with recording software, using reaper because it is cheap. I have a weird problem with it, and the same thing on a friend's similar laptop. Running guitar from Line-out into the mic port, Record-out into the mic port, or live mic ~5 ft from the amp, I get good sound for the first few seconds. Then, everything gets quieter and watery sounding, like losing 80 % volume and throwing a chorus effect on it. It does this on digital drums and guitar input, from multiple amps. Not on vocal input though. I was told to rig up a Desktop with a multiple channel soundcard, and better sound processing. What causes this? I have recorded before on a different PC, and didn't have this problem.

2. Zenerith

Zenerith SS.org Regular

hmmm have you tried switching between soundcard drivers in the settings-menu yet? i had strange problems with reaper too, volume kept going on and off every 2 seconds until i realized my settings were all wrong :S i'm not really an expect in recording things but i hope this helps

3. Zenerith

Zenerith SS.org Regular

i downloaded Asio4All and now it seems to work* forgot that from my last post =)