11 Rack User question or DAW Expert Question!

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by patdavidmusic, Jul 11, 2018.

1. patdavidmusic

patdavidmusic SS.org Regular

Hey all!
    Eagerly trying to finish my EP and re-amp the DI tracks,
    I read countless thread and watched so many youtube videos but for some reason I am absolutely stuck.

I trying to send a DI track from Logic Pro x --> out of the front of the eleven rack --> through the AX8 --> and back into the back of the eleven rack

All the research I did shows me that it is possible.

The problem I am having is I set the eleven rack to re-amp, but as soon as I click another track in logic or press record or play the eleven rack changes itself back to guitar. It's really weird have not idea what to do!

2. odibrom

odibrom .

Can't you do that with the AX8 directly and without using the 11R? It seam to me that you are using too much A/D conversions and even though those might be good enough, you'll loose some quality in the signal. I bet the AX8 has the features to do some reamping through its USB port... Why do you need to use the 11R? it's an older unit, get it out of the equation, that's what I'd do.

3. btbg

btbg SS.org Regular

No. Because the AX8 doesn’t function as an interface.

4. odibrom

odibrom .

Really? Can't the AX8 be used as an Interface? So the USB is only used for patch management and Firmware update? Bummer, that's a shot in the foot Fractal did there...

5. GunpointMetal

GunpointMetal SS.org Regular

There's no headphone output on it either....
    Is the 11R your only interface for recording? I would also try to eliminate that from the equation, if possible, even with just a simple 2x2 USB interface. Outside of that, there are a ton of really good guitar amp software options that would be easier as well.