‘Devastating’ Probe of Press and Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by The Dark Wolf, Apr 24, 2007.

1. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/04/24/713/

Bill Moyers returns to PBS :)woohoo:), and his target is the US Media's complicency with the Bush administration's falsehoods regarding the Iraq war, and their failure to go after the truth.

To air next Wednesday, in a similar return to the past 90-minute glory of NOW.

I find it very telling, that in the article, the only reporters to refuse to speak with Bill about this issue were Thomas Friedman, Bill Kristol, Roger Ailes, Charles Krauthammer, Judith Miller, and William Safire. Wow. Those are some surprising names. :rolleyes:

A must watch!

2. ohio_eric

ohio_eric Contributor

BILL MOYERS!! FTW!!!! :woohoo:

I will be watching. PBS is the best source for real journalism on TV.

3. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

this is cool. \m/

although i think its funny, he says the media is too complacent about the bush policies, then you get the neo-con radio who says that the media is too liberal and anti-bush :lol:

4. The Dark Wolf

Hmm. I wonder why? :lol:

Moyers main contention, however, is less to do with overall Bush "policy" and opinion regarding Bush or his administration, but more focused on the media's failure to really do any sort of in-depth investigation regarding their claims about Iraq and the falsehoods that led us to war. As well as the media's role as basically a cheerleader for the war, with any reporting heavily biased towards a favorable view of Bush's push for conflict.

5. Durero

Durero prototyping... Contributor

Bill Moyers kicks ass! One of my favorite journalists for sure.

I saw the Power of Myth series with him interviewing Joseph Cambell when I was a teen - that freekin ruled!

Looking forward to watching that doc.

6. ElRay

ElRay Mostly Harmless

Being in the Reserves, having my unit deploy twice, and know a lot of folks that have been to Afghanistan (OEF) and Iraq (OIF), I have no argument with "their failure to go after the truth ", but I have a hard time accepting what the phrase: "US Media's complicency with the Bush administration's falsehoods" implies. The US Media's "failure to go after the truth" may very well be helping The President, but they are definitely painting an inaccurately pessimistic portrayal of the US's presence in Iraq (while ignoring Afghanistan). The US media seems to have their own agenda. I have not encountered anybody that's been to OEF/OIF who's felt that the US Media's portrayal is accurate.

Ray

7. The Dark Wolf