homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
New super strat mods - birds eye - piezo

Well here is my newly modded super strat I just got done the other day.
Mods were-

New GFS pickups
Graph tech Ghost Piezos
Carvin neck with Birds eye maple fretboard
Grover tuners

All I can say is I love this guitar more than ever! Not totally set on the pickups yet but I love everything else that was done. The Piezos sound amazing thru my half stack and my acoustic amp. The New neck looks and plays amazing! I was worth the 10 weeks it took Carvin to make it, Well I hope you like it!

Enjoy the pics!

Pics Hot linked by Gear Whore Mod.

Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 07-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Looks freaking sick Matt - Love piezos on that.

That birds eye =
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
That neck rocks, Matt. How do the peizo's sound? Great work as always
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Thanks for fixing the pics Mesh!

Unread 07-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

Bleak is just really niceBleak is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love the 5 springs idea, I do it myself.
Do you use it to convert to a "hardtail" so to speak, or do you just like the extra tension when it comes to whammy use/string bends?
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
Consumer Whore

XeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to beholdXeoFLCL is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Which GFS pickups did you get? I had the Crunchy Rails in my old 6 string and loved them. Thinking of getting one of their mean 90s for more southern metal style tone on my sixxer

Check out my band, 1371:
www.facebook.com/1371band

\(゜Д゜)

\(゜Д゜)/

\(゜Д゜ 三゜Д゜)/

"North Korean women in uniforms waving at the traffic, raining from the sky on platforms, hold by giant umbrellas. Scary... just wait until they invent electricity and traffic lights. Imagine traffic lights falling from the sky and just confusing everyone..." - SD83
Unread 07-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
Banned

hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.hufschmid is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats very nice man!
Unread 07-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
Geek-chic

liamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That looks great
We demand a cover of David Lee Roth's Yankee rose, complete with lycra cat suit and karate kicks to an inflatable giant micro phone.
Unread 07-04-2009, 05:01 AM   #9
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
I think it looks just AWESOME
Unread 07-04-2009, 05:02 AM   #10
SS.org-er

caughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud ofcaughtinamosh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That looks "sick."

Very nice, man!
Unread 07-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #11
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Holy shit, Awesome bro.

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
That neck rocks, Matt. How do the peizo's sound? Great work as always
Thanks! The piezos sound reaaly nice. They do not sound just like an acoustic but they are close.

Unread 07-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #13
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleak View Post
I love the 5 springs idea, I do it myself.
Do you use it to convert to a "hardtail" so to speak, or do you just like the extra tension when it comes to whammy use/string bends?
I really use them to make it like a hardtail. I'm not really that talented at setting up trems.

Unread 07-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #14
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeoFLCL View Post
Which GFS pickups did you get? I had the Crunchy Rails in my old 6 string and loved them. Thinking of getting one of their mean 90s for more southern metal style tone on my sixxer
They are the GFS Pafs and the single are the ones they had for sale in the clearance section.

Unread 07-04-2009, 08:48 AM   #15
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
that looks nice, birdseye is always a nice touch.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #16
SS Contributor

Thanks Budda!

Unread 07-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #17
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
woah! nice man, that fretboard is

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 07-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #18
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
woah! nice man, that fretboard is
Thanks Dave! I had to wait so long to get it, and was starting to get a little pissed off it was taking so long but after I opened the box it was so worth the wait.

Unread 07-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #19
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
That neck is bomb, does the swirl look better in real life?
Unread 07-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #20
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yeah man it looks worth the wait!

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Unread 07-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #21
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
That neck is bomb, does the swirl look better in real life?
It does. It is really hard to get great pics of if. I'm not sure why?

Unread 07-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #22
Beer Sewer

Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Popsyche deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Beautiful!

BTW, swine head does make sexy orange pickups for that thing! Who did that lava swirl?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

www.myspace.com/wfkoehleriii
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo7bjr/index.html
Unread 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #23
stay tuned

damigu is just really nicedamigu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice. it looks like something between rust swirl than lava swirl!
Unread 07-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #24
?!

s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn i like this!!!

PRS Mark Tremonti 10-top

Music Man JPX6 (w/ roasted neck
)
Music Man JPX6 (red sparkle)
ESP Eclipse II Standard

G&L ASAT Classic

Gibson Thunderhorse Explorer

Ibanez Prestige RG3250MZ

Ibanez Premium RG920QM

PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone

EVH 5150 III -> Mesa Rectifier 212
Fender Super-Sonic 112 combo
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #25
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsyche View Post
Beautiful!

BTW, swine head does make sexy orange pickups for that thing! Who did that lava swirl?

Thanks Popsyche
I will look in to those pickups! They would look sick with orangs pups.

I did the swirl myself.

BTW - I had a local auto paint store mix the orange up for me - It's 1970 Hugger Orange, regular midnight black, and a Medium grey.

Closed Thread