homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
SS Contributor

Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Modded strat

Thought people might enjoy a few strat pics. I got this for 100 bucks. Put 140 bucks worth of hot rails in it. Scalloped the neck. And an electrical engineering student I know wired it with the Hendrix schematic.

I've had this guitar for about 5 years. Got when I had a hell of a lot more money to spare. I love to play it. Has a very, very metal sound to it. Those rails rock.

Notice the tele switch. "Genuine Fender parts"... according to my tech. Ha! And since it's the Hendrix wiring, the selected p/u in the photo is the neck p/u.

Last edited by Ancestor; 05-12-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Ancestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:43 AM   #2
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
The Scalloping job doesnt look the best aesthetically but as long as it plays good it all gravy
Esp Griffyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
SS Contributor

Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Dude, I hate being poor. I've said it a million times. Before I got this, I was pricing out a warmoth body and neck, along with the necessary electronics and hardware. I couldn't afford that stuff! A guy from warmoth suggested I get a project strat and do it myself, which I did.

I wish it looked better, but as you say, it plays and sounds really nice - like gravy.
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #4
I Am The Anger

dream-thief is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp Griffyn View Post
The Scalloping job doesnt look the best aesthetically but as long as it plays good it all gravy
I hate theaestetics on scalloped necks. All of them.

top 4 is uaully pretty nice on 24 fret necks though.

Love your guitar, Ancestor. I have a stacked 'bucker on my strat too an it's awesome.

~ You've got your chance right now, Or to forever be silent ~
dream-thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:38 AM   #5
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i don't think anyone likes being poor

not bad, though, for a poor man's guitar

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 08:32 AM   #6
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks quite nice
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
Carvin Fanboy

NickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What is the hotrails in the neck like? I am building a strat and thinking of buying one..

thanks.
NickCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This guitar did play awesome
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #9
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCormier View Post
What is the hotrails in the neck like? I am building a strat and thinking of buying one..

thanks.
They are some of the highest output pickups made. So, if you like metal, they're good. I would probably go with something else if you are looking for a "strat" tone.
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #10
Carvin Fanboy

NickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
yeh. Im not sure exactly what I am looking for. Haha. I think im doing HSS, so the bridge is gonna take care of the metal tone hopefully, with the middle doing the strat thing, and the neck doing the lead/smooth lines.. ala Satch or so (hopefully, thats the idea)

Is the hotrails good for nice lead playing, like smooth and silky? or is it hard and chunky?
NickCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #11
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:15 PM   #12
Banned

Anthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud ofAnthony has much to be proud of
A scalloped neck is a happy neck.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #13
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
That's pretty cool. Nice work. Strats =

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
l0rd of teh shr3d

turmoil is just really niceturmoil is just really nice
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
nice mod dude!! i had a squier strat that i modded as well and i loved playing that guitar.

also, +1 on being an EE student
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:17 PM   #15
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCormier View Post
yeh. Im not sure exactly what I am looking for. Haha. I think im doing HSS, so the bridge is gonna take care of the metal tone hopefully, with the middle doing the strat thing, and the neck doing the lead/smooth lines.. ala Satch or so (hopefully, thats the idea)

Is the hotrails good for nice lead playing, like smooth and silky? or is it hard and chunky?
I like the rails for leads, because I like a lot of gain. But you have to do all the muting stuff, whereas I think it's not as bad with a lower output signal. I have a guitar with a more or less single coil in the front and the leads are cleaner.

So, hard and chunky.
Unread 05-16-2008, 12:17 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

NeubyWanKaneuby is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I like it. I had a highway strat, but sold it. I had thought about different pickups in it, but then I bought an SZ720, so I needed the money to pay that bill... definitely miss the strat.
NeubyWanKaneuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 02:19 AM   #17
SS Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeubyWanKaneuby View Post
I like it. I had a highway strat, but sold it. I had thought about different pickups in it, but then I bought an SZ720, so I needed the money to pay that bill... definitely miss the strat.
The highway strats are cool. I love this color:

Unread 05-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

NeubyWanKaneuby is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I had a green one, with a maple fretboard. you could see the wood grain in the finish... now I'm having seller's remorse!

I definitely like that blue. I think I might go with the natural finish if I ever get another one...
NeubyWanKaneuby is offline   Reply With Quote