homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:29 AM   #26
Stop the Madness!

Nick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
check out Welcome to Guitarbargains.com ! youl get a lot of guitar for Your $2000 there.

Still if you order from a US Luthier you could get a really nice custom for that sort of cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
The ESP I mentioned isn't 2000 USD, it's $1300 USD. I really think thats the best production model 6-string guitar you can get (new) for that price - apart from a Carvin.

youd be correct, i own one

Last edited by Nick; 10-15-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Nick is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-15-2007, 07:39 AM   #27
Banned

cvinos is just really nicecvinos is just really nice
Oh my! See in other places, the US and maybe elsewhere, the ESP Horizon NT-II is dirt cheap in comparison with the price in Germany. Look, for example this dealer based in Frankfurt sells it for not less than 2.250 USD!

ESP Horizon NT II See Thru Black - Modern Style E-Gitarren Musik-Schmidt Frankfurt

This guitar is beautiful and has decent features. How I wish it was a similar price here.
cvinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #28
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:
Welp, there goes your credibility. I don't even know how to respond to that. Just purely silly. I like Schecters but there is NO COMPARISON to a Carvin. There's no debate. It's not even a fair fight. Even Schecter wouldn't argue that. It's a mass produced guitar thats nice for the price but generally fairly mediocre, compared to a custom shop guitar using the best materials in the world. The build quality on the Carvin is just exponentially better. I have serious doubts you've ever owned a Carvin guitar.

Also they're not pricey at all, what the hell are you talking about? They can be had for under $1000 USD NEW - and that includes stock features like neck-thru, ebony board, premium woods, sperzel locking tuners, etc. He said his budget was $2000 USD, why would he buy a $400 Schecter? They're nice for the price but they do not compare.
There have been some threads about the price regarding carvin, so do a search for them.

I've owned 2 carvin guitars, and a total of 7 custom guitars so I'm not just a a "Guitar World reading wannabe." But as I said taste differs from all. I don't think the carvins are worth there price. And I think that schecter is more then worth there price. If you think that questions my credibility that's up to you.

Quote:
What someone needs is up to them. Some people are fine with light gauges. That's up for him to decide. There's no rule regarding strings.

I'm sorry if you don't like my attitude, I have nothing personal against you but I have an obligation to Sevenstring.org to protect innocent civilians from misinformation
You know that there are a reason why bass manufacturers make there 5-string bass longer then there 4-string bass.
It all comes down to personal preferences but there is a mathematical logic behind string gauge and scale length.
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #29
ss.org Regular

FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvinos View Post
Oh my! See in other places, the US and maybe elsewhere, the ESP Horizon NT-II is dirt cheap in comparison with the price in Germany. Look, for example this dealer based in Frankfurt sells it for not less than 2.250 USD!

ESP Horizon NT II See Thru Black - Modern Style E-Gitarren Musik-Schmidt Frankfurt

This guitar is beautiful and has decent features. How I wish it was a similar price here.
Yeah, my friend's friend had one in amber sunburst and it looked incredibly beautiful. Sounded pretty killer too!
FortePenance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #30
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

Quote:

if the guitars costs 1300 euro in the states the shipment to Germany would be no more then 80-150, I've gotten away with 50 euro in shipment sometime. It might be worth e-mailing them and asking if they ship to your town and what it would cost.

Last edited by Desecrated; 10-15-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Unread 10-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #31
Stop the Madness!

Nick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to beholdNick is a splendid one to behold
u need to check the price on that site i quoted u can get a see thru black horizon for about 1350 euros
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:12 AM   #32
Banned

I wonder what is the difference between the models:

Horizon NT
Horizon NT II
Horizon NT II FM

They have all these listed on that site. The last two are the same price.
On the ESP homepage I cannot find the information.
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #33
Stop the Madness!

the FM is for flame maple

I own the one on the ESP page in dark brown sunburst (dbsb)

i believe the NT's are swamp ash and the NT II's are mahogony
Unread 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #34
Banned

For down tuned sounds as low as A or Bb standard, I am wondering if the JB does the job in bridge or middle position, or if I should get a SH-5...

I have in mind a three humbucker setup like

Neck Middle Bridge
JB SH-5 SH-5
JB SH-5 JB
JB JB SH-5

Something like that. I want to get dense yet defined, not muddy, mids and lows, with just enough treble on top. Any suggestions?
Unread 10-15-2007, 05:35 PM   #35
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
I wonder what is the difference between the models:

Horizon NT
Horizon NT II
Horizon NT II FM

They have all these listed on that site. The last two are the same price.
On the ESP homepage I cannot find the information.
Just get one imported. Hell, I wouldn't mind buying it for you, I ship guitars overseas all the time. BTW here are pics of the one I owned:

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #36
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Enough on the go around. Nick had his say, Desecrated had his, fin.

You guys are seriously derailing guy's thread. Take it to PM if you want to argue.

Gorgeous top on that axe, BTW Nick.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #37
Stop the Madness!

Quote:
Just get one imported. Hell, I wouldn't mind buying it for you, I ship guitars overseas all the time. BTW here are pics of the one I owned:

http://www.antarius.com/nick/pics/gt...rizon%2001.jpg

http://www.antarius.com/nick/pics/gt...rizon%2002.jpg

i own that exact guitar

Im haveing some serious issues with fret buzz at the moment did you ever have that problem?
Unread 10-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #38
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
i own that exact guitar

Im haveing some serious issues with fret buzz at the moment did you ever have that problem?
Really? Interesting.

No I didn't have any noteworthy fretbuzz, mine played great. What tuning/strings are you using?
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 01:35 AM   #39
ss.org Regular

FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.FortePenance is shredding to new heights.
Hot guitar, Zimbloth! It's the exact colour of the one I've seen IRL.

Cyinos, if you get the ESP, how are you going to install 3 pickups?
Unread 10-16-2007, 01:42 AM   #40
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Maybe a Caparison, in that range?

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2007, 05:54 AM   #41
Stop the Madness!

yeah the HGS range fits the bill perfectly and i wholeheartedly recommend caparison guitars as i own one of them 2
Unread 10-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaculadhesive View Post
Cyinos, if you get the ESP, how are you going to install 3 pickups?
I was thinking about getting a guitar from the ESP custom shop with three humbuckers, controlled N+M+B, N, M, M+B, B. Horizon body, Ebony fretboard, neck-through, 27", string-through, fixed-bridge. However that would amount to something in the range of 4000$, a bit pricy

What a flexibility in terms of distortion that would be!
Unread 10-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #43
Stop the Madness!

try about $6000 for that

some ESP customs come to £4000 ($8000)
Unread 10-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #44
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
yeah the HGS range fits the bill perfectly and i wholeheartedly recommend caparison guitars as i own one of them 2
What Caparison do you have? Did you get it from guitarguitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBroll View Post
Maybe a Caparison, in that range?

Jeff
I'd second that, Caparisons are guitars that sound ....ing GREAT drop tuned. Those pickups just snarl when tuned below D - in standard they sound like they're being, I don't know, held back slightly.

BTW, I'm gay.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #45
ss.org Regular

Quote:
I was thinking about getting a guitar from the ESP custom shop with three humbuckers, controlled N+M+B, N, M, M+B, B. Horizon body, Ebony fretboard, neck-through, 27", string-through, fixed-bridge. However that would amount to something in the range of 4000$, a bit pricy

What a flexibility in terms of distortion that would be!
ESP custom shop is grossly overpriced, like Nick said.
Unread 10-17-2007, 04:56 AM   #46
Stop the Madness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch216 View Post
What Caparison do you have? Did you get it from guitarguitar?

I'd second that, Caparisons are guitars that sound ....ing GREAT drop tuned. Those pickups just snarl when tuned below D - in standard they sound like they're being, I don't know, held back slightly.

BTW, I'm gay.
Its a Dellinger 2 in pro black which i believe they had brought through from the edinburgh shop for me.