homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-06-2007, 09:03 AM   #1
Paolo

WayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If Only This Were a 7/14 String!!!

Dang this thing is HOT! Too bad it wasn't a 7/14!

"and we'll also be establishing, beyond all scientific doubt, that ANY note can be made to sound good over ANY chord, so long as you put it in the right place!" Guthrie Govan
WayneCustom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I dunno, they 8+4 headstock looks mega stupid, can you imagine how bad a 9 +5 whould look? If they'd put a 6+6 headstock (or 7+7 for a 14 string) it'd look better. I like the colour.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
Mr. Flibble

the.godfather is a glorious beacon of lightthe.godfather is a glorious beacon of lightthe.godfather is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666 View Post
I dunno, they 8+4 headstock looks mega stupid,
Exactly my thoughts.
Looks a bit lop-sided to me. The headstock is half the length of the neck!

Its a stunning finish though, as with all EBMM.
the.godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Yeah, great looking guitar other than the tuners on the 12 string headstock. Maybe bring 2-3 from the top of the headstock and move it to the bottom? It would help it to look a little less assymetrical IMHO. JPM guitars are definitely lookers, especially with sweet finishes like that! I wish the necks were a little thicker though.

Rig: PRS -> Kemper -> Atomic CLR
First time in a while I've been THIS happy with my tone!
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That top headstock makes's fender's 6x6 "droopstock" look sexy.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #6
I SS.org Salute You!

BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.
Man, I love John's playing but his guitars have looked like total ass since he parted with Ibby!

BigM555
BigM555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:44 PM   #7
.... Your Face!

NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666 View Post
I dunno, they 8+4 headstock looks mega stupid, can you imagine how bad a 9 +5 whould look? If they'd put a 6+6 headstock (or 7+7 for a 14 string) it'd look better. I like the colour.
Ernie ball would probably end up doing a 10+4 to be consistant with the scheme they have for their headstocks.
NegaTiveXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #8
SS.Org's Irish Guy

777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of777 has much to be proud of
there was a 7/14 made but head formerly from korn owns it and its not a EBMM
777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
.... Your Face!

NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.NegaTiveXero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
there is a 7/14 head formerly from korn owns it
Fix'd.

Anyway, Head's 7/14 is cool, but he's not in a big band anymore, so I don't think that his 7/14 would ever see production. BUT, if Petrucci wanted, EB would probably do it.
NegaTiveXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #10
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That doubleneck is pretty fugly.

They should have done a 7+5 headstock on that 12-string neck. And on a 14-string, it would look more proportional as 8+6.

I rest my case.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
look at each other..

Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Unknown Doodl3.2 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like it... what I don't like about it is the finish way to go against the flow eh

Unknown Doodl3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #12
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
That doubleneck is pretty fugly.

They should have done a 7+5 headstock on that 12-string neck. And on a 14-string, it would look more proportional as 8+6.

I rest my case.
Those are so freaking heavy...just crazy.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #13
Paolo

WayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to allWayneCustom7 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM555 View Post
Man, I love John's playing but his guitars have looked like total ass since he parted with Ibby!

BigM555

Yeah OK

Anyway I love the look, it's different, and very unique. EBMM was never about whta everybody else does, they do what they want. But what does it matter, unfortunatley it will never see the light of day as far as production goes.

"and we'll also be establishing, beyond all scientific doubt, that ANY note can be made to sound good over ANY chord, so long as you put it in the right place!" Guthrie Govan
Unread 02-06-2007, 02:44 PM   #14
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks like a dick.
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #15
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It may look weird, but that headstock design might serve a purpose. I own a 12-string, and the G octave string is prone to frequent breakage. I bet put the tuning peg so far out puts a little more give into the string, prolonging life.

Not string tension, mind you, since that doesn't change. I've just noticed that most breakage occurs when tuning or applying vibrato.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
prototyping...

Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.Durero is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I don't understand why every double-neck I've seen has the 12 neck on top and the 6 on the bottom.
I'd definitely go the other way - strum my chords down low and shred leads up high.

+1 to the 7 / 14 wish!
Durero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #17
I SS.org Salute You!

BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.BigM555 is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCustom7 View Post
Yeah OK

Anyway I love the look, it's different, and very unique. EBMM was never about whta everybody else does, they do what they want. But what does it matter, unfortunatley it will never see the light of day as far as production goes.
No offence dude. Each to their own. And I agree on EBMM not sticking to the main stream. That's cool. Obvoiusly guys like Morse and Lukather and Edward don't seem to mind them either (and that's a pretty fine stable).

They've got some absolutely phenomenal players on their roster......I'm just not sure I want any of them decorating my house.

BigM555

PS - I actually don't mind the look of most of the other EBMM's but John and I sure don't share the same taste in finishes.
Unread 02-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #18
Paolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM555 View Post
No offence dude. Each to their own. And I agree on EBMM not sticking to the main stream. That's cool. Obvoiusly guys like Morse and Lukather and Edward don't seem to mind them either (and that's a pretty fine stable).

They've got some absolutely phenomenal players on their roster......I'm just not sure I want any of them decorating my house.

BigM555

PS - I actually don't mind the look of most of the other EBMM's but John and I sure don't share the same taste in finishes.
I did take offense because you chose the words "look like total ass"...had you said, "I do not like the look of them", then fine. I'm sure I would get flamed if I came on these boards and said, "Ibby's suck the big one!"

Unread 02-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #19
I SS.org Salute You!

Well, okay maybe "total ass" was a little strong but I see your sensitivity is likely based on your ownership of a JP7.

I hope you enjoy your axe. I just find for me that his signature axes have lost the sex appeal that the Ibby's had.

Don't take it too personally, it is the internet after all. Take it that these opinions are coming from a guy that generally appreciates more "traditional" shapes and natural finishes (mmmmm....quilted maple).

That sparkle blue finish?............that's nasty. But then maybe it'll look good under stage lights.

The 12 string headstock........hmm......

BigM555
Unread 02-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #20
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneCustom7 View Post
Dang this thing is HOT! Too bad it wasn't a 7/14!
Wow. I like that color, that is nice!
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote