homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
It's Leviosa

Valnob is just really niceValnob is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lightbulb Most expensive guitar in the world (only production model) ?

Hey,

I wanted to know what was the most expensive guitar in the world, and I mean a production model (could be a ibby RG or Fender Strat, whatever) not a custom or a "it belonged to Hendrix".

I'm curious.

Gear :
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7 STBB
Schecter Blackjack Solo 6 ATX ABSN
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Ibanez Gio Bass 4 String
Takamine GC1CE

https://soundcloud.com/valnob-music

*My G.A.S list is too big to fit my signature*
Valnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Fender did some limited edition guitars that were made with certain famous artists (painters) that hit the $25,000 mark, but I wouldn't totally call them production as there were something like 10 made, and all were unique.

There are a few other limited editions from the "big guys" that hit close to that.

As for full on production, the top end is around $8k, but those are all pretty much custom made to the same standard as a full-spec, so not sure you'd consider those.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Jzbass25 is just really niceJzbass25 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The SRV Fender Relic was like 25k wasn't it? Or was that lenny. I guess it wasn't really a production model but just a limited run

In the jungle you must wait, until the dice read 5 or 8
Jzbass25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
mcd
stuff and thangs

mcd is a glorious beacon of lightmcd is a glorious beacon of lightmcd is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I remember few years back Gibson had a Chet Akins in MF that was rocking the 40k price range..
mcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
It's Leviosa

I found some Gretsch White Falcon worth 10k (relic) but i'm not sure if that could count as a production model.

Gear :
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Ibanez Gio Bass 4 String
Takamine GC1CE

Unread 11-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
Banned

engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Top 10 Most Expensive Guitars in the World ~ The Veiled
Manurack likes this.
engage757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valnob View Post
not a custom or a "it belonged to Hendrix".
Quote:
Originally Posted by engage757 View Post

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Blue1970Cutlass will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think PRS Collection series can range from $15k-20k
Blue1970Cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Do Ken Parker archtops count? They run about the price of a new car.
Bigfan likes this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshow86de View Post
Do Ken Parker archtops count? They run about the price of a new car.
Haven't less than a dozen been made? All custom as well from what I understand.

At $35k, they are high up on the list for builds in general. Then again, even "cheap" first-world, professional archtops are in the $6k+ range on average.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
Banned

engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
. Eric Claptonís Gold Leaf Stratocaster: $455,550
Ordered by Eric Clapton in 1996, around the time Fenderís 50th anniversary. Clapton reportedly wanted something that could hang in a museum like the Louvre, and delivered with a Custom Fender Start, plated with 23K gold. Then go into production, becoming the companyís first signature guitar. Original sold at auction by Christieís for an impressive $ 455,000 in 1997.

No?
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
Banned

Probably the PRS Double Dragon if that one doesn't count...
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
. Eric Claptonís Gold Leaf Stratocaster: $455,550
Ordered by Eric Clapton in 1996, around the time Fenderís 50th anniversary. Clapton reportedly wanted something that could hang in a museum like the Louvre, and delivered with a Custom Fender Start, plated with 23K gold. Then go into production, becoming the companyís first signature guitar. Original sold at auction by Christieís for an impressive $ 455,000 in 1997.

No?
The Eric Clapton Strat isn't worth that much, it's the guitar in particular that is. The Gold Leaf was by no means a production guitar with only one being made.
Dooky and Valnob like this.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
blah

Fantomas is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

I like how none of these guitars actually have anything related to the build quality of the actual guitar which would warrant the price tag.

Hey, here is a standard Fender, let's have Clapton touch it and sell if for 5000 times the retail price.
Bigfan, Valnob and Manurack like this.
Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

Fluxx is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
There's several actual '59 LP's that have traded hands for several hundred thousand dollars a pop. Most of the guitars that Phil X demos on Fretted Americanas youtube channel are well in excess of 25, 50, or even 100k. The aforementioned clapton black strat that went for a fortune, hendrix's woodstock strat, there's lots of crazy collector pieces for sure.

Ernie Ball Music Man JP13
Blackstar HT-20
Port City OS 2x12
Fluxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #16
Onirica Guitars Fan

Zado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to behold
Not considering some Shishkov unique masterpieces (45K€) which cannot be considered production models,maybe a ESP Shinigami?

The guy totally unable to get good rep

And with an unlimited gassing list, but very limited cash.
Zado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
The Eric Clapton Strat isn't worth that much, it's the guitar in particular that is. The Gold Leaf was by no means a production guitar with only one being made.

They made it sound like a limited custom shop run.
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #18
blah

Fantomas is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxx View Post
There's several actual '59 LP's that have traded hands for several hundred thousand dollars a pop. Most of the guitars that Phil X demos on Fretted Americanas youtube channel are well in excess of 25, 50, or even 100k. The aforementioned clapton black strat that went for a fortune, hendrix's woodstock strat, there's lots of crazy collector pieces for sure.
Although those guitars aren't really my style ( and I wouldn't pay that for any guitar) , I can imagine people paying that kind of money if they believe the guitar has character because of its age or the combination of some nice woods.

People who pay that kind of money for a guitar just because a celebrity touched it are just clueless.

And Phil X is awesome, for those who haven't subscribed yet, go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTuvi...ture=plcp&hd=1

Lots of lovely guitars there
Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #19
Random Canadian

speedy thrash is a jewel in the rough
'59 3 tone sunburst les paul standards in good condition can be worth $750 000, I heard about some one who sold theirs to buy their house.
BornToLooze likes this.

"Stop doing cocaine, it's not financially viable"
-My functions teacher
speedy thrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
It's Leviosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy thrash View Post
I heard about some one who sold theirs to buy their house.
Wow !
If you on't play guitar and that someday you inherit of something like this from a relative, it can give you a great help in life !

Gear :
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Ibanez Gio Bass 4 String
Takamine GC1CE

Unread 11-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #21
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Production models are, by definition, made in large numbers. Past some point, guitars are pretty much all customs. A pro classical player I know has guitars worth approx. 10K€ and they have a lifespan of 10 years, being subject to something like 6 hours of playtime per day. Of course they're customs of sort, as those instruments are 100% handbuilt on demand, but they do follow some specs, as people go see a luthier who makes the kind of guitar they want in the first place.
Anyway you won't find 10K+ guitars churned out of factories, the exemple Max thought of was likely Meshugga's sig ?
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #22
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It would have to be something from the ESP original series.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

tedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud of
The most expensive production guitar I know of is the Martin D-100 Deluxe acoustic guitar. Granted, it is not a high volume production guitar, and the inlay is gaudy as hell, but it is a production guitar.

It lists for $114,999.00 US dollars. Maury's Music currently has one advertised for $91,999.00. That is MAP (minimum advertised price). I bet you could take it home for a cool $80K, cash.
tedtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #24
SS.org Regular

tedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud oftedtan has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy thrash View Post
'59 3 tone sunburst les paul standards in good condition can be worth $750 000, I heard about some one who sold theirs to buy their house.
Before the economy went into the shitter in 2008, 1959 Les Pauls (the most expensive year) were selling for around $400 - $425K. The ones selling for more than that were owned by a famous player. Since the economy went down, I haven't seen one sell for that much.
tedtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 11:36 PM   #25
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In Australia EVERY guitar is the most expensive production guitar.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is online now   Reply With Quote