homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #1
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I love my Acoustic

After spending last night playing blues licks in the kitchen while making chili...

Yeah. That guitar kicks ass. One of the best guitar purchases I've ever made.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i still want one of them Gianini 7 string nylon string guitars...
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
ss.org Regular

HotRodded7321 is a glorious beacon of lightHotRodded7321 is a glorious beacon of lightHotRodded7321 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I still got my cheap little Sonata from 10 years ago....I love that guitar. I bring it out every once in a while. Acoustics just sound nice sometimes.
HotRodded7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 12:59 PM   #4
DONNIE

Rebelyellz will probably be banned soon.Rebelyellz will probably be banned soon.
I love my 1974 F310 Lawsuit model Takamine OO size.Best sound i heard coming out of a soundhole.I have 5 acoustic guitars and i showed everyone at xmas. Donnie
Rebelyellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Yeah, it's just such a damned cool experience - I'm an electric player at heart and I suspect always will be, but there's just something about the way an acoustic resonates as you play it that makes me really happy.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

Unread 01-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
Manager / RHLC

skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice, i always loved the acoustic sound when the guitar it's detuned.

BTW i almost bought a 10 string clasic guitar, but i used the money for other things.

Back to da 'hood (sevenstring.org)
skinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
If I had your acoustic, I'd love it too. That thing kicks ass.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #8

Nick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
After spending last night playing blues licks in the kitchen while making chili...

Yeah. That guitar kicks ass. One of the best guitar purchases I've ever made.
What kinda acoustic ya got?

I love my Carvin Cobalt S750. It plays better than some electrics do!

When the world flips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall
Nick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

Vegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud ofVegetta has much to be proud of
I have an old old washburn d12 that sounds amazing

It has a built in pick up but its a bit shorty so i dont use it amped up

oh and i tune to drop d or c on it

this space for rent
Vegetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:18 AM   #10
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
i still want one of them Gianini 7 string nylon string guitars...
x 2.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2007, 02:58 AM   #11
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^I'm about 90% sure I'm gonna buy either the nylon-string or the acoustic-electric or maybe even both, if I do, you'll get a review.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
Fear the Polo!

A Martin MC-16GTE. It's not one of their topof the line models, but it was conceived of as more ofa "player's guitar" - built like a D-series, but without the cosmetic detailing. As I think some of the inlay work is a little overdone on their top-of-the-line models, that's just fine by me.

Unread 01-24-2007, 05:21 PM   #13
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Can't go wrong with a decent acoustic...they become like your favourite pair of pyjamas after a while.

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i love my washburn acoustic. it needs new strings, but the neck is really comfy for all kinds of chord work, and it sounds really nice. back and sides are also birdseye maple, so no complaints on the look factor either .
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Damn, I still need to get me an acoustic. I remember back in 1995, for the whole summer, that's all I played was my mother's Fender acoustic, which my brother inherited and then he later bought a Yamaha for her, I play hers every now and then. A friend of mine just picked up an Alvarez. It's very nice and it plays awesome. Yeah, I should buy myself an acoustic.

An Acoustic 7 would be better though.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #16
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Fellow Martin owner.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:00 AM   #17
Banned from Reality

Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.Jeff is pretty much the man.
How can you love your acoustic? The hole is too big.
Seriously, I love mine too, though it's just a Seagull S6. No frills, warm tone machine.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #18
Fear the Polo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
How can you love your acoustic? The hole is too big.
Seriously, I love mine too, though it's just a Seagull S6. No frills, warm tone machine.
Maybe for you it is...

Seagulls rock, I've really dug the ones I've played in the past.

Unread 02-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #19
Desecrated
Dirty Lurker

I need a gianni really bad, I have my alvarez tuned in B-minor with the low b-string and it sounds so good, but of course beeing tuned in chords kinda .... up some fingerings, so having a 7-string would be much betters.