homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-28-2007, 04:28 AM   #26
this godles endeavor

omentremor is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awwwww, but itd be cool
omentremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #27
Hasta la vista, Baby

Emperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I wonder if this guitar will sell well outside USA...
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #28
Mr. Flibble

the.godfather is a glorious beacon of lightthe.godfather is a glorious beacon of lightthe.godfather is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoff View Post
Don't see why not.

LoG are pretty big Worldwide.
the.godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 02:05 PM   #29

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoff View Post
Yeah, it's got "patriotic american" written all over it. I wouldn't even play a guitar with a Finnish flag.

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 05:34 PM   #30
slow and low

skattabrain is just really niceskattabrain is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
is it patriotism or is it mocking america with the inverted star? i dunno ... i'm asking.

anyways ... i don't like this pattern but i love ESP's urban camo, like ... Hanneman's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe777 View Post
i dont like max caveleras new sig
OMG, me neither ... i wonder if ESP paid Max more to play that model ... so to help move that lame body style off the lot!

Last edited by skattabrain; 01-30-2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
skattabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #31
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I hate glossy camo jobs and the inlays look horrible imo.
Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #32
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by skattabrain View Post
is it patriotism or is it mocking america with the inverted star? i dunno ... i'm asking.

anyways ... i don't like this pattern but i love ESP's urban camo, like ... Hanneman's

http://espguitars.com/images/guitars/Jeff_UC.jpg

OMG, me neither ... i wonder if ESP paid Max more to play that model ... so to help move that lame body style off the lot!
he originally played warlocks fwiw so it's more reasonable for him to play the ax

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 06:58 PM   #33
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Hanneman sig

Although I wish they kept the S inlays

Sabaton
InTheRavensName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #34
Et tu, Brute?

Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Carrion is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheRavensName View Post
Hanneman sig

Although I wish they kept the S inlays
Ya, I don't like how it goes from eagles to dots, the contrast between the two kills it.
Unread 01-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #35
NDG
SS Contributor

NDG is just really niceNDG is just really nice
I kind of like it. It's definably LoG.
NDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #36
Down-pick or die

Neal is a jewel in the rough
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
.... ESP and .... LoG. They are HORRIBLE live. Don't waste your money.
I'm so sick of all these kids thinking this is what metal is supposed to be.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #37
Banned

clnh5 will become famous soon enough
Denied by christ, you and your statements are ignorant. So i'm curious what exactly is METAL supposed to sound like nowadays according to you?
clnh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #38
Down-pick or die

No my ears weren't clogged. For some reason I've seen 'em 4 times. Each time was worse than the previous. The first time was alright. That was when they were touring for Palaces (their only good album) and they looked like they gave a ..... Every time though was just power slop. Goes to show what pro tools can do for mediocre players.

Necrophagist, Meshuggah, Yyrkoon, Soilent Green, Goatwhore, Crowbar, 1349.
That is what metal sounds like 'nowadays'

shit with feeling and meaning, not guitar hero magazine mega endorsement lame ass shit like the last two log albums

don't tell me i'm ignorant, douchebag
Unread 02-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #39
Et tu, Brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denied by Christ View Post
No my ears weren't clogged. For some reason I've seen 'em 4 times. Each time was worse than the previous. The first time was alright. That was when they were touring for Palaces (their only good album) and they looked like they gave a ..... Every time though was just power slop. Goes to show what pro tools can do for mediocre players.

Necrophagist, Meshuggah, Yyrkoon, Soilent Green, Goatwhore, Crowbar, 1349.
That is what metal sounds like 'nowadays'

shit with feeling and meaning, not guitar hero magazine mega endorsement lame ass shit like the last two log albums

don't tell me i'm ignorant, douchebag
You are being ignorant though man. Yes, Lamb of God isn't "tr00 metalzorz" but it is metalcore. Don't have the attidute of, "If they are popular, and have guitar endorsments, then they must suck".
Unread 02-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #40
Blast & Sweep

Thep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to allThep is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
Holy hell is that Adler one fugly guitar.

Now the bassist just needs some hideous looking bass, and the whole front line will have ugly instruments.
ya, that morton sig is flat out hideous, as is this one.
Thep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 08:33 PM   #41
Down-pick or die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrion View Post
You are being ignorant though man. Yes, Lamb of God isn't "tr00 metalzorz" but it is metalcore. Don't have the attidute of, "If they are popular, and have guitar endorsments, then they must suck".
thats not the attitude i have. some people deserve all the popularity and endorsements in the world. you know, people that have contributed something to the world of modern music. log is not in that group.
and what the .... is metalcore? its either metal or its not.

anyway, we are way off the original subject of this thread.
Unread 02-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #42
the abominabal poop

mefrommiddleearth is just really nicemefrommiddleearth is just really nice
les paul = mildley hot chick
willie adler model = her skanky sister
mark morton model = her cousin thats into female body building

If there is a compassionte god why did he put the most sensitive organs on the outside of the more accident prone of the two sexes
mefrommiddleearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #43
Et tu, Brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denied by Christ View Post
thats not the attitude i have. some people deserve all the popularity and endorsements in the world. you know, people that have contributed something to the world of modern music. log is not in that group.
and what the .... is metalcore? its either metal or its not.

anyway, we are way off the original subject of this thread.
What exactly are the standards for "contributing to the world of modern music"? Bach never had a signature piano. The reality is that LoG is a popular band, popularity means you have a greater chance of somebody buying your product. And it's not like creating a signature guitar is any harder than a normal one (varies) and it's not like it has some ultra-shredzorz magic so why shouldn't they "deserve" to have one.
Unread 02-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #44
Deafening Silence

THE VILE is a jewel in the rough
Four shows! Wow, I guess LOG should thank you for "contributing to the world of Lamb of God music"

It's hard to beat a person who never gives up. Unless you have a stick. Then you can go to town.
THE VILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 01:48 AM   #45

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Did it suddenly get Harmony-Centraler in here?

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #46
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
My random ESP 2007 thoughts:

1) Generally impressed by the new offerings. Even if they're not my bag, they're putting out a lot of good variety, and they seem to be decent quality.

2) I like that they're releasing the SC607 in the natural mahogany finish. I might have to snag that, as I -love- my SC607B.

3) Although it's cool ESP lowered their prices on the Made In Japan models, it's not quite as generous now that I found out the reason behind it is simply they don't include a case anymore. I guess it's cool that theyre offering it at a low price, but you expect to get a case w/ a $1399 guitar.

4) For some reason I too don't mind the ESP camo finishes. The white one that was on the Viper standard model is pretty cool. At least it's better than the usual offerings Ibanez gives (I don't like metallic black/blue finishes).

5) It's cool ESP is putting ebony boards on more of their models these days. If the Viper 7-string had ebony I'd be all over it. Same with the Viper baritone & the Michael Amott sig.

Impressive. ESP and Ibanez have introduced a lot of nice things this year. Nothing I'm super interested in but it's much better than last years models.
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 03:05 AM   #47
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
Did it suddenly get Harmony-Centraler in here?
Yes, it did. We suddenly have somebody who thinks that someone shouldn't have a signature model because "he and his band didn't contribute to modern metal music" (in his opinion) and feels comfortable in calling others "douchebags" for not agreeing with him.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 03:24 AM   #48
Canis lupis obscurus

The Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnateThe Dark Wolf is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naren View Post
Yes, it did. We suddenly have somebody who thinks that someone shouldn't have a signature model because "he and his band didn't contribute to modern metal music" (in his opinion) and feels comfortable in calling others "douchebags" for not agreeing with him.
Very ridiculous. I actually neg-repped him as a way of saying "chill, please", and I almost NEVER neg rep.

Not cool.

http://www.wolf.org
The Dark Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2007, 03:25 AM   #49
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
I don't like Lamb of God either but I would be ignorant saying they aren't influental. He's certainly deserving of a sig if the Atreyu guys are.
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #50
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
I just found out that the Adler sig is also thicker than regular ESP Eclipses.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote