homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By snowblind56

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

snowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Double NGD!!! Jackson & Ibanez Content

This is actually a little belated as I received both of them about a week ago, but there were some lovely ebay issues with the Ibanez.

So, my first guitar I ever bought was a Jackson Performer PS-4. That guitar was stolen from me. I've bought two more of them since then, but they were Korean made, mine was MIJ. Well, I just got a blazing deal on another MIJ one in excellent condition of another forum. I'm pretty excited. Don't get me wrong, it's a cheap guitar. It's no where near as nice as my Jackson USA's, but I also think the Performer series is vastly underrated and can usually be had for under $200, basically because they don't have the frills other models have.

I plan on replacing the stock Jackson pickups with either a Seymour Duncan Custom or an Alternative 8 in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. (I have all of the pickups in my box of parts, so I am not putting anything else in it. ) And eventually I might put a new Floyd on it, but I'm fine with the stock one for now, besides the fact that it needs a new collar piece for the trem arm.

And pics...

I used to have an AS73 in flat black, but the color bothered me enough that I had to sell it. Well, here is it's replacement, an Ibanez AS83 Semi-hollow. This one is going to get upgrade with new tuners, Dimarzio 36th PAF pickups, and a new wiring harness.

It's a sweet guitar, but it has already left a sour note in my mouth because of ebay issues and I delayed an NGD for it for a week because of damage to the guitar. I almost returned it to the guy, but he reluctantly refunded me money. Seriously, how do you miss a caved in output jack? WTF? I got some money back for it, but I have to screw a Les Paul jack plate to cover up the damaged part.

Kabstract likes this.
snowblind56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Levi79 is a glorious beacon of lightLevi79 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
That Ibanez is awesome! Same with those Jacksons. Played a couple of those and they are definitely great for how much you can get them for.
Levi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
lover of fine woods

mphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to beholdmphsc is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
really dig that Ibby, I've tried a few Geroge Benson models before.
mphsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Banned

McBonez is just really niceMcBonez is just really nice
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Very much like the hollowbody.

To me the performer is another Jackson superstrat (which, I also happen to love!)
McBonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

snowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphsc View Post
really dig that Ibby, I've tried a few Geroge Benson models before.
I honestly think the nicest playing guitar I have ever played was a George Benson model with flatwound strings.
Unread 06-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #6
SS.org Slacker

lemeker has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love the ps-4. I still have mine (my second electric), and its still my main go to guitar. No frills, but a workhorse.

happy ngd!!!

My shitty playing:
http://soundcloud.com/pinchuk
www.youtube.com/lemeker

It's like an adage I heard once: "If you're a hunter and your prey starts shooting back at you, quit hunting and start selling ammo." JPhoenix19
lemeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Jackson Addict

Force is just really niceForce is just really nice
Interesting pair, bit like the odd couple, chalk & cheese etc etc

JACKSON ALL THE WAY DUDE!!!!

The bloodline is strong in this one
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

fortisursus is a glorious beacon of lightfortisursus is a glorious beacon of lightfortisursus is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm typically not into hollow guitars, but that Ibanez!!!! Damn cool logo on the headstock too.
fortisursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

Amcoll is on a distinguished road
I love the Jackson Performers. I've still got my first guitar, a PS1 performer, and its still my favourite, even compared to my DKMG. I swapped out the bridge pickup with an old SD hot rail 'bucker that a mate gave me. She's showing her age a bit now (18 years old now), and needs a refret and general TLC, but her tone and sustain can't be beat
Amcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
Ashes Of Rebirth

iRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of lightiRaiseTheDead is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mmm That Jackson P:
iRaiseTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

phrygian12 is a jewel in the rough
I've been gasing for a Semi Hollow and that's the exact same model ibanez I was thinking about getting. How does the neck feel and does it sound good?
phrygian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
SS Contributor

elrrek is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a PS4 and I really, really wish I still had it. It was completely solid and I should have kept it. I let it go because it sounded a bit thin but to be honest, I think I probably had a crap amp at the time and the guitar wasn't the problem.

I've got 2 Jacksons and 1 Charvel at the moment and hope to get another Charvel soon. I'd grab a PS-4 if I got a good deal on it too, so Happy NGD!

Hey look out! It's an opinion! WTF?!?

at war with false noise records
elrrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrygian12 View Post
I've been gasing for a Semi Hollow and that's the exact same model ibanez I was thinking about getting. How does the neck feel and does it sound good?
The neck is fairly thin. Think Gibson 60's profile.

As for the sound, I really haven't played it because the output jack is too unstable and I haven't fixed it yet. I was also waiting for a new wiring harness to arrive. I'm installing some Dimarzio 36th PAF's.
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
10th Degree GearSlut

2ManyShoes is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Love that Ibanez hollow-body. I've got a similar ESP semi-hollow. Pretty cheap, but still nice, and I love it. This one, to be exact:

"Grondar, untie Mr. Paslo."

"But he's told us nothing!"

"There's a customer!"
2ManyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

PS-4 Update:

I just ordered a Neon Pink Seymour Duncan Distortion/Jazz combo. Should be pretty damn cool when it's done.