homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

fassaction is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Douglas or SX strat copy

Searched around...didnt really find anybody that had tried one. I dont know why, but suddenly I have this odd urge to own a strat style guitar. Being the cheap bastard that I am, and not really having a bunch of money lying around for a Fender, I was checking out the ones on Rondo Music.

More specifically, one of these two in particular SX Hawk MN VWH - RondoMusic.com
SX HAWK Ultra MN 2 NA - RondoMusic.com

Has anybody tried one of these? I would imagine for 100 bucks, it cant be that great of a guitar, but was hoping it would be decent enough just to play around with.

With these strat copies, are they pretty much identical in build specs to the Fenders? If i bought one of these, i was considering buying one of those Dragonfire loaded pickguards off of Ebay and swapping it in. A friend of mine swapped one into his Squire strat, sounded pretty awesome for the 40-50 bucks he paid for it.

Anybody have any experience with these?
fassaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
Nothing to see here

-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold-42- is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Go on your local craigslist, I guarantee that you will find dozens of Strat copies. And that way you can actually play before you pay.
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
mgh
Betwixt and Between

mgh is a jewel in the rough
not to mention MIM Squiers and Fenders...
mgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
ss.org Addict

DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DevinShidaker is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
You will probably have to do a setup once you get the guitar, but don't let the price full you, these are great instruments for the price you're paying. I have an SX jazz bass copy that I paid like $120 for, and it outshines my old MIM Fender jazz in every way. Keep in mind that you're buying directly from the manufacturer, not through a retailer who has to mark the price up to make a profit.
DevinShidaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
SS.org Regular

fassaction is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i didnt even think about a used squire. For some reason or another, I was under the impression that Squires were in the 400-500 range. I was way off on the pricing.

Thanks for the info on the SX....I might give them a shot, but I found a Squire on CL for 75 bucks that might fit the bill.
fassaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Schecter EX-Support

Zado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to behold
still have and still play my Sx sst62 strat.Excellent instrment,love it to death.Plays great,amazing sustain/frets/finish,just the bridge is a lil silly if you play too much with the bar.Great modding platform imho

The guy totally unable to get good rep

And with an unlimited gassing list, but very limited cash.
Zado is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
SS.org Regular

possumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to allpossumkiller is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I haven't played any of the guitars but I had an SX fretless P bass copy and a 5 string J bass copy. They were amazing considering they were little more than a hundred bucks. Don't bet on pickguards being a direct replacement though. I had to do some cutting to get a Fender guard to fit on the P bass. Also, the body thickness is 5mm thinner than standard Fender body thickness.
possumkiller is offline   Reply With Quote