homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

View Poll Results: Should I trade?
Don't trade 23 88.46%
Trade 1 3.85%
Trade plus cash 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By yellowv
  • 1 Post By yellowv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Should I trade?

So I have expressed some interest lately in trading my EBMM BFR Steve Morse model lately. I have been looking to get a JPX or JPXI7 for it. I have had a lot of tire kickers trying to buy it, but it seems not many JP guys want Morse's and vice versa and I haven't had any JP7 offers. Today I did however get an offer on something I have been wanting. A Mesa Mark V. It is supposedly just a few months old and includes everything down to the original box. What are used Mark V's typically worth? For those of you that don't know about my Morse it is a one off guitar and has a rosewood neck and is the only Morse ever done in it's finish. It is extremely hard to value as it's the only one of it's kind. I have had some tell me around $1750 would be close on it, but I wouldn't let it go for that. It does seem feasible in this economy however as I have seen rosewood neck loaded JP's struggle to sell around that price as well. I think I may try to get some cash along with the Mesa. What do you guys think?
Here is a pic of the guitar
yellowv is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-10-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

_MonSTeR_ will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SIimply put...

No, this is a REALLY rare guitar, a one off, I've not even seen photos of another one anything close to as unique. My local store has two MkVs in stock right now.

Keep the guitar until you can get what it's worth even if it means you're without a Mesa for a while .
_MonSTeR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
Vodka & PentaTonic

flexkill is a name known to allflexkill is a name known to allflexkill is a name known to allflexkill is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This feels like a "why did I ever do that" type of thing. Stay the course DON'T sell or trade
flexkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
NO, the Mesa stuff is relatively easy to find cheap used. Be patient, and find one for a steal.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If I were you I would just keep the thing. That guitar is awesome. How did you get it?
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
I traded for it from a guy on the EBMM forum. He got it from another member there that buys and sell EBMM's like their going out of style. He seems to like to pick up one off stuff and sell it shortly after. He just sold another super rare Morse that he had for a very short time called the Dark Lord. It is a limited run EBMM is doing to replicate the Morse that Bonamassa plays. How do you sell this?
[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/5photo.jpg/]
s_k_mullins and _MonSTeR_ like this.
Unread 06-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
Turd Ferguson

I'm pretty sure I will keep the Morse. I can find a Mark V any time.
jordanky likes this.
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

_MonSTeR_ will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
I traded for it from a guy on the EBMM forum. He got it from another member there that buys and sell EBMM's like their going out of style. He seems to like to pick up one off stuff and sell it shortly after. He just sold another super rare Morse that he had for a very short time called the Dark Lord. It is a limited run EBMM is doing to replicate the Morse that Bonamassa plays. How do you sell this?
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/611/1photow.jpg[/URL]

I'd imagine "quickly" is the answer to that one!!! Love the reversed headstock too!!!
_MonSTeR_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
You're making the right call. I have a Mark V and honestly while it is a good amp, I wouldn't trade a cool/rare guitar like that for something so commonly found (not to mention still being made, so it's not like a MK V would be impossible to buy in a few months) and you can find deals on used ones all day long.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Also there is option D - Trade Matt for his Mark V instead!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Damn it Matt that avatar gets me every time

I'd keep the EBMM simply because it's a one-off. In my mind, that should appreciate or hold value at least a bit.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote