homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New 70s Tribute Gibsons - LP, SG and Firebird, mini-humbucker content

Hope there hasn't been a thread on these guys yet.

They're new, faded-finish, minihum-equipped Gibbos which retail for frankly ridiculous prices considering Gibson's usual pricing - they look set to go for about £600 here in the UK.

They're divisive, certainly, but I really dig the Firebird.

Gibson.com: Gibson USA Firebird Studio '70s Tribute

Gibson.com: Gibson USA Les Paul Studio 70's Tribute

Gibson.com: Gibson USA SG Special '70s Tribute

Yummy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
As a fan of the LP Deluxe, I approve.
HeHasTheJazzHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That SG is begging to be Iommized.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
I think that some colours look better than others - the Firebird looks a bit odd in cherry with the black scratchplate, and the SG doesn't look too hot in the sunburst with the cream scratchplate, but each model has at least one colour combination that IMO works really well

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

Unread 06-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
Green guitar addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
That SG is begging to be Iommized.
You mean "beaten to within an inch of its life"?

That probably would look really cool tbh.

Bigfan likes this.

Unread 06-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
*The god of SGs*

....ing.

Want.

Unread 06-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
Green guitar addict

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent blokes I suppose

That sunburst Firebird though...

Unread 06-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
Tears Are My Bidet

Wish there was a cherryburst LP.

I wonder what we're gonna get if they make an 80's Tribute series. Maybe another '84 Explorer reissue?
BucketheadRules likes this.
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

b1gm3 is a jewel in the rough
I'd like me a firebird at some point, and that thing looks bad-ass. That body shape just makes me all warm in the GAS section of my imagination.
b1gm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Master Chugger

sell2792 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I don't really like Gibsons, but that is damn sexy.

"Show me an elitist, and I'll show you a loser."

"My relationship to music is completely subliminal, it just flows through me.”
sell2792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #12
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Would look 10000x better with ebony boards.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #13
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucketheadRules View Post
They're new, faded-finish, minihum-equipped Gibbos which retail for frankly ridiculous prices considering what the internet seems to think Gibson's usual pricing is.

Went ahead and altered that slightly for you.
Dead Undead likes this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
$1400 MSRP for the Firebird, which means what, around $1000 for street price? That's very tempting for an actual Gibson Firebird.

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFB View Post
$1400 MSRP for the Firebird, which means what, around $1000 for street price? That's very tempting for an actual Gibson Firebird.
These are all up on MF for $850 shipped.

Need info on your Ibby?

New Rules. Read Them.
Unread 06-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #16
Sumbit to Djod

Don Vito is a splendid one to beholdDon Vito is a splendid one to beholdDon Vito is a splendid one to beholdDon Vito is a splendid one to beholdDon Vito is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #17
Suiçmez fanboy

GhostsofAcid is a jewel in the rough

This, a non epiphone, sunburst firebird for $850? I've wanted a firebird since I started playing, this might actually win out against my RG550 GAS... Too bad about those non banjo style tuners but you can't have it all...
GhostsofAcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 01:43 AM   #18
Kahler Abuser

Ironbird is a jewel in the rough
Killer prices, for sure. I don't think anyone can complain about these!

Leave no stone unturned until I'm done.
Ironbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #19
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbird View Post
Killer prices, for sure. I don't think anyone can complain about these!
This is still the internet.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #20
Green guitar addict

Quote:
Indeed, and currently on Thomann for 689 Euros, or £557!

That is a fantastic price.

Cheapest Gibson Firebirds I've seen for a long time. I think they're even cheaper than the old Studios which have been discontinued for a while now.

They're set-neck though, not thru like the Firebird V. But whatever, fantastic prices.

Looking on Thomann, in fact, several of the finishes are also available left-handed.

Unread 06-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #21
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
JPX

3074326 is just really nice3074326 is just really nice
Gibson has guitars in the price range and they have for a while. Did some people not know that or are you guys just surprised that there are more? Either way, they're pretty cool. We have a silverburst LP at work and it plays pretty well. No SGs or Firebirds though.
3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #23
Tears Are My Bidet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Gibson has guitars in the price range and they have for a while. Did some people not know that or are you guys just surprised that there are more?.
I've known for a bit, but like I said before, I'm a BIG fan of the Les Paul Deluxe, and this is just right up my alley. I'm probably gonna wait for a goldtop one in the used market.

Plus, you never see tobacco sunburst SGs!
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #24
SS Contributor

jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.jordanky is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I would love to get the LP. One of the Gold Top's, lacquer over the matte finish and throw some P90's in it Mike Ness style. I also wish that my every day speaking voice was that of Mike Ness as well.
HeHasTheJazzHands likes this.

Beard Sound Machines Jazzmaster
Beard Sound Machines Jazzcaster
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender AVRI '52 Reissue Telecaster
First Act Custom Shop Delia/Delia LS Hybrid

Vox AC30C2

@beardsoundmachines
lostswimmer.bandcamp.com
jordanky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #25
Comfortably Dumb

Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Loomer is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Silverburst SG? Yes please..

EDIT: Ooh, and a baked maple fretboard. Neat!
Dead Undead likes this.
Loomer is offline   Reply With Quote