homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

WhitechapelOwns is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Baritone strings on an Ibby?

I have an Ibanez RG4EXFM1, and am looking into getting baritone guitar strings for drop Ab. I've already tried D'Addario 14-68's, but they didn't have ANY slink to them because of the larger top strings. Do you guys think these would be alright for a good mixture of soloing AND riffing? Could they even fit through the tuning peg?

Amazon.com: Ernie Ball 2839 Baritone Electric Guitar String Set (13 -72): Musical Instruments

There are also Elixirs that are 12-68. Would those maybe be okay?
WhitechapelOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
I aint yo gawd

Scruffy1012 is a glorious beacon of lightScruffy1012 is a glorious beacon of lightScruffy1012 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey, i use the elixir 68-12 and i think they are perfect for Ab imo. Its nice and tight, and you can still shred it up. I think its a perfect mixture for soloing and riffing in Ab, also i think you might have to file the nut down to fit the 72 depending on the guitar. On a side note, I found the ernie ball strings to be a little too tight as i generally play smaller gauge strings. If you play thicker gauge strings and are use to it, imo go with the Ernie balls, but if you want a little more freedom i'd definitely reccomend the Elixirs (also they are anti-rust, which is kickass for me, seeing how my strings rust quickly )
Scruffy1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Edgy Highschooler

BIG ND SWEATY is just really niceBIG ND SWEATY is just really nice
id go with the 12-68 and you might have to widen the nut and you'll have to widen the tuning peg hole or un wind the string a bit

brutalwizard- "idk what kind of heavy dicked men you have come across,

but they almost sound as interesting as you say hahaha"

"That's because if you're going to dip your marshmallow in the fire, you need to crisp that ............ up to make it all gooey and delicious.

Not opting to let the man let his artistry run wild is like lightly browning the marshmallow. Still very tasty, just not quite the same."- Valennic on daemoness guitars
BIG ND SWEATY is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Honestly, i would make custom string sets. Buy a string set for Bb standard, and buy a .68 separately to replace the lowest string. Something like a .58 set and a separate .68 string.

Of course, you have to be able to get it at a reasonable price, too.

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote