homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree38Likes

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #1

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NGD: Blackmachine B6 (Pics, Clip, Review)

So this one is actually coming a little late, I guess i just forgot to do the NGD, but better late than never:

It's a Blackmachine B6, so let's start with pics:

Here is a clip of the guitar in action:
Blackmachine B6 Test by iambulb on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Review:
What can i say that i haven't already said about Blackmachine before. Doug is obsessed with creating a certain kind of instrument, be it a full on B2 or a stripped down B6 like this one. He is after efficiency, getting a thin and light guitar to sound huge, making a guitar that is optimized for players who enjoy playing fast and hard. Lucky for me, we are on the same wavelength when it comes to what makes an ideal guitar, and once again this guitar does not disappoint.

To put it in words you guys can relate to. This guitar sound massive. So much low mids and purr to it, and yet it does it with very present attack. That is usually the tradeoff, you normally get a "warmer" sounding instrument by dulling down the high end, for some reason that just doesnt happen with this guitar, you get the warmth and yet it has all the attack i could ever want. Notes are so direct, they just seem to pop out ever so clearly.
The guitar did take me a bit of getting used to because the neck profile is a little bit thicker than usual, but Doug says that a large part of the guitars "hugeness" can be attributed to that.

One sad thing to note, on the way back from the Dream Theater tour (actually on a domestic flight) the TSA decided to check my Scott Dixon case (which holds 3 guitars) and didn't secure the guitars back, so the hardware from 2 of the guitars dented the hell out of the back of this guitar and my Daemoness which ....ing sucks. You can see the damage on the back of the guitar in the pics. Annoying, but at least the guitar is not hindered in any way by it.

Specs are:
Lightweight Ash Body
Maple Neck with Dyed Maple Fillets
Rosewood Fretboard
Sperzel Locking Tuners
Schaller Hannes Bridge
Bareknuckle Coldsweat Bridge/VHII Neck
Petrucci Style Switch
1 Vol/No Tone
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn man, you guys dont have insurance against damage?
Captain Shoggoth likes this.
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Kudos for the new BM, but uh, wrong section bro

(´・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #4

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Ah damn, my bad, i would have sworn i clicked on Standard guitars. Could a mod please move this there please?
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That is truly a classy guitar
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
djent n00b

tr0n is just really nicetr0n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That really sucks what happened with the dents, but at least it ain't on the front!

I've got one of these bad boys with a set of Nailbombs and a Schaller Hannes too. What do you think of the Hannes vs the old Hipshot? What about the choice of pickups? I haven't really been able to A/B things.

Anyways, grats on the NGD! You know they say when you go Black(machine) you never go back. My other guitars have had little love since I got it 10 months ago.
Chocopuppet likes this.

All your djent are belong to me.
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
Foolish Mortal

Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.Xaios can play Erotomania with his toes.
Noice.

Revenge is a dish best served with nice biscuits.
Read the rules, fools!
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

eastguitar is a jewel in the rough
Sound incredible. Beautiful guitar!!!!
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why is one neck screw mismatched?
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
HNGD

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
ss.org Regular

HattersGonnaHat will become famous soon enough
The grain patterns on more recent B6s I've seen have been gorgeous! Happy belated NGD, good sir.
By the way, do you still have your older B6? I haven't seen you use it in quite a while.
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
Why is one neck screw mismatched?
That's just the light hitting it in that one pic, totally does look like that though haha
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #13
Love-Matic Grampa

Electric Wizard is a glorious beacon of lightElectric Wizard is a glorious beacon of lightElectric Wizard is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
How do you like the hannes in comparison to a hipshot or a blocked floyd?
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

Gilbertsgotbrootz is a glorious beacon of lightGilbertsgotbrootz is a glorious beacon of lightGilbertsgotbrootz is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post

Review:
What can i say that i haven't already said about Blackmachine before. Doug is obsessed with creating a certain kind of instrument, be it a full on B2 or a stripped down B6 like this one. He is after efficiency, getting a thin and light guitar to sound huge, making a guitar that is optimized for players who enjoy playing fast and hard. Lucky for me, we are on the same wavelength when it comes to what makes an ideal guitar, and once again this guitar does not disappoint.

To put it in words you guys can relate to. This guitar sound massive. So much low mids and purr to it, and yet it does it with very present attack. That is usually the tradeoff, you normally get a "warmer" sounding instrument by dulling down the high end, for some reason that just doesnt happen with this guitar, you get the warmth and yet it has all the attack i could ever want. Notes are so direct, they just seem to pop out ever so clearly.
The guitar did take me a bit of getting used to because the neck profile is a little bit thicker than usual, but Doug says that a large part of the guitars "hugeness" can be attributed to that.
Well we obviously know it can dent .... But the question is ....... Will it djent ? Sorry Mr, Mansoor I had to ....
I Voyager and HattersGonnaHat like this.
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

Advv is a jewel in the rough
Very nice. Sucks that it got dented though...
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

MiPwnYew is just really niceMiPwnYew is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Beautiful B6. Hate to ask, but any pictures of the damage done to the Daemoness?
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
The Abiding Dude

mhickman2 is just really nicemhickman2 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Amazing! How does the Coldsweat/VHll sound together?
Unread 05-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #18
sucks.

Adeamus is just really niceAdeamus is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advv View Post
Very nice. Sucks that it got dented though...
To quote a very famous woman

"THE FIRST CUT IS THE DEEPEST!!!!!!"

I can't help but sing that every time I put a scratch in a new guitar. But after that first one is done I find it freeing. You stop worrying about keeping it pristine, and you just use it.
Michael T likes this.
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #19
sixstringer

Bigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeamus View Post
To quote a very famous woman
Cat Stevens is a woman now? Wut?
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #20
Gives Life Meaning

White Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to allWhite Cluster is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome Mischa.
If I were you I'd tell everyone the dents were caused by the friction of my diction. But that's just me.

I use Elixirs because they're easier to clean the blood off. --chiba from TGP
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #21
ss.org Regular

Ryan Duke is on a distinguished road
The piece you wrote for the test is about as beautiful as the guitar and it's not dented.
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #22
Sleep on, Fly on

GSingleton is just really niceGSingleton is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just love those headstocks

Music Facebook: www.facebook.com/grsingleton
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/gsingleton

Me:You could djent using a toothpick and aluminum foil.
Michael T: Aluminum + Djent = Alumidjent
Didn't Lace already do this....hmmmm
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
SS.org Regular

Poho is just really nicePoho is just really nice
She's a beauty, man. That's really too bad about the denting. You gonna file a complaint?

Check out my band Tactus and DOWNLOAD OUR EP!
Listen to mine and Nolly's side-project Spectres.
Sign on for a lesson with me on Bandhappy, or check out my YouTube Channel for some free mini-lessons, guitar play-throughs, and lulz.
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #24
Lord Autumnbottom

BlackStar7 is a jewel in the rough
gluhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(the sound that drooling makes)

"I'm waiting for the 24 string, 1 fret model." - elcid
Unread 05-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #25
Aliens

Erazoender is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That bridge always looked so cool to me.... but epic NGD altogether. Shitty about the scratches and at least now you won't be terrified to play her live
Closed Thread