homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NGD - Back to the 6 strings, Marty!

So after selling my 8 string, I was debating whether or not to get another 7 string. I played my mate's BC Rich Warbeast and noticed how comfortable and easy to play it was, so I decided seeing as I have two 7 string guitars at the moment anyway, that I would get a good 6 string that could do anything I wanted, be it metal or melodic post-rock. I needed a good all-rounder.

I guess you know what brand it's going to be right off the bat?

A Fender Jim Root Stratocaster!

The neck heel is really comfortable. I'm not a shredder at all, so I don't tend to hit those high notes bar a few chords, but they're very easy to access.

And a shot with her and my other more traditional styled guitars. I like guitars that can cross generations, that would not look out of place in any type of music.

I got this less than an hour ago, but my review so far is completely positive. Construction wise it's flawless. The neck is comfortable as hell, and the frets are all perfect. None sharp at all. It has a kinda satin finish on the neck, though not as light as my Ibanez or Agile, it's still smooth and doesn't inhibit your hand. The cutaway as I said is very good, decent access. There is no tone control, but to be honest I don't use that much and the pickups have a range of tones just swapping with the selector. The EMGs sound huge, tight and generally awesome. Doubt I'll even swap them out to be honest.

Cheers
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.Grand Moff Tim is the epitome of metal.
Congrats on the Fender yadda yadda yadda happy ngd and so on and so forth...

...now tell a fella wtf that glorious red Duo Sonic looking thing on the chair is!
WarOfAttrition likes this.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
SIGN YO REP

Captain Shoggoth is a jewel in the rough
Personally I'm more inclined to the Jim Root Tele, but that's a wicked sweet guitar regardless. HNGD
shitsøn and WarOfAttrition like this.

<a href=http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.tinypic.com/687f5f.jpg</a>

"we could package a couple turds inside the guitar, so it'd smell like shit all the time"-dean guitars

"She's a girl. It could mean ANYTHING."-Konfyouzd
Captain Shoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Haha It's a Columbus Mustang copy. My father got it when he was a teenager (about 30 years ago) and handed it down to me. I got it cleaned up a while ago and new strings put on it, but everything else is original. It needs a bit of work still, the wiring is a bit messed up. That being said, it has a lovely twangy tone.
Grand Moff Tim likes this.
Unread 05-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyoneKonfyouzd flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Cool axe, man.

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
axe/vox terrorizer

Semi-pro is just really niceSemi-pro is just really nice
Congrats! Although... why didn't you just get yourself a Warbeast as well and play melodic post rock with that thing like a boss?

Mayones Setius GTM Custom Baritone 7
Mayones Setius GTM Custom
Ibanez UV7BK '91
Ibanez RGA121
LTD SC-607B
Semi-pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
Bastard of Thousands

ridner is shredding to new heights.ridner is shredding to new heights.ridner is shredding to new heights.ridner is shredding to new heights.ridner is shredding to new heights.ridner is shredding to new heights.ridner is shredding to new heights.ridner is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
congrats - that is very nice! the Jim Root strat is at the top of my GAS list!
ridner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
Djenty maniac!

DrBloodyJack is a jewel in the rough
Congrats!
Is it MIM?
DrBloodyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
Sweeps and Chugs

Dawn of the Shred is just really niceDawn of the Shred is just really nice
congrats!!!!

Carvin DC700-Black Satin
Carvin DC700-Flame Maple Satin
5150 III 50w
Aftershock Design 2x12 Cab
Maxon 808 OD
ISP Decimater
Dawn of the Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
I like green guitars

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBloodyJack View Post
Congrats!
Is it MIM?
I think the Teles are MIM, the Strats are USA if memory serves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
A Chap Called Ross

They're made in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-pro View Post
Congrats! Although... why didn't you just get yourself a Warbeast as well and play melodic post rock with that thing like a boss?
Haha they're painful to play. Plus neck dive is horrendous. I would consider getting a BC Rich in the future though for more metal stuff.
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

joe-tofu is a jewel in the rough
Got one and (IMO) it beats every other guitar, that I ever owned (Gibsons, ESPs, LTDs, Schecters). I love that thing to death.
joe-tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
I'm always... hungry

danger5oh is just really nicedanger5oh is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Is it my imagination or are those fret ends rolled? HNGD... I've been GASsing for a JR Strat forever.
danger5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
Nothing to see here

-42- is a name known to all-42- is a name known to all-42- is a name known to all-42- is a name known to all
Saw this on facebook. Bitchin'.
-42- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

AkiraSpectrum is a jewel in the rough
oooo nice, not a big fan of the color but i've heard a lot of great things about that guitar :-D
AkiraSpectrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

LtdRay will become famous soon enough
Is that a Burns 12 string and you restarted my gas for this guitar thanks HNGD

My band:With light comes shadows
https://www.facebook.com/withlightcomesshadows
You can't climb any higher up the mountain if you don't know there's more climbing to be done.-some guy on youtube
LtdRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
I never get bored of looking at these...

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
Is a Fat Bird

Ocara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of lightOcara-Jacob is a glorious beacon of light
Nice. I like it, I've always liked strats. HNGD.

I happen to provide affordable online session drumming, drum programming, mixing, and mastering! Hit me up via PM if you're interested.

https://soundcloud.com/jacob-jung-1/s2-0-hd500-studio-one-4
Ocara-Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

eugeneelgr is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful guitar!

By the way,no offence,but if you're not a shredder, are you at least into doing solos? If not why buy 8 strings or 7 strings at all? I mean this in the most docile way
eugeneelgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #20
Sea Turtles mate

Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.Michael T is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
GAS Attack !!!

You just "VampireGenocided" my wallet !! Sucked it dry and wiped it totally out
vampiregenocide likes this.

The project that I'm working on is so secret... Even I don't know what I'm doing!

Michael T is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #21
no lack of headroom

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Very nice man. I've been wanting to play one of these as well. The beautiful thing about a strat is that even if you get tired of the EMGs you can got to single, or SSH or whatever and still have the same awesome playability. Congrats!

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #22
SS Contributor

Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.Mattmc74 is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Congrats!

Mattmc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

chrisharbin is just really nicechrisharbin is just really nice
I had no idea anything like that existed!
chrisharbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 01:34 AM   #24
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Good choice Ross. I love the Jim Root Tele and Strat. I had the Tele for a while and I loved it. Kinda wish I had one again.
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #25
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Such a nice guitar. I love it.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote