homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Jackson Whore

Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
New Paint Day! Jackson Soloist gets a makeover!

I picked up this soloist quite some time ago from Meshy. Some knucklehead put a strat pickguard on it and thought that was cool, NO! its not.

SO got in touch with my friend who is local that paints guitars. he did my green one for me. He has been painting a LONG time. And also is a great player. but he used to paint anything from hot rods, motorcycles, street bikes, and even airplanes. and if you dabble in aerodynamics you know even the weight of the paint has an effect on the plane. so i trust him.

Anyways. being that im up to 4 one hum soloist and had this project laying here. i wanted to go little like lynch. Hum / Single with one volume that has a push/pull for switching between pups. pretty cool idea. so here we are.

Idea is down. Cut a maple block to plug up the center route since this started as a SL1 and handed it off to my friend.

I was so impressed with the agent orange color of my one hum Custom shop RR that i wanted to go with that. Since Jackson doesn't have the color code available my friend used his trained eye to match it up and well ill let the pics speak for how well he matched the color.

Here it is once i got it in some daylight.. Copper tone form the Pearl comes out nicely!

With hardware installed.

And here it is in the daylight and some pics with the RR custom.

and my Mean Green that he also painted.

Got Sharkfins?
Corpsegrinder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HeHasTheJazzHands is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

77zark77 has much to be proud of77zark77 has much to be proud of77zark77 has much to be proud of77zark77 has much to be proud of77zark77 has much to be proud of77zark77 has much to be proud of
niiiiiiiice job(s) !

around 7 o'clock
77zark77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
mids are overrated

MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.MetalDaze is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I bet Mesh wants it back now that you've given it a new lease on life
Church2224 likes this.
MetalDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 134 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDaze View Post
I bet Mesh wants it back now that you've given it a new lease on life
See Bob - everyone knows what you have to do man
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Melodeth-er

oremus91 is a jewel in the rough
What a pair man... sweet colors and unique as well!
oremus91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Jackson Whore

Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Corpsegrinder88 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
LOL Yep. I was just about to say you already called dibs Mesh. HAhaha.
\
Heres what it looked like before.. The blue actually was a nice color but damn strat pickguard !!>?>??>?>>?>

Got Sharkfins?
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Necropolis is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Dat Green

B.C. Rich Usa Gunslinger (Grover Jackson)
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Line 6 Podxt
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Pav
???

Pav will become famous soon enough
S-E-X-Y.

And I agree that whoever puts a pickguard on a Soloist needs to be harshly reminded that they're doing it wrong.
Ironbird likes this.
Pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
doesn't like things

Nagash is just really niceNagash is just really nice
it's... orange.

nice but the worn-out looking pickup in an almost new looking guitar looks odd
Nagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #11
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Oooh, well done! I must admit, when I saw the thread title I thought, "Oh no, another crappy DIY home job, with the guitar is sanded halfway through the sanding sealer and followed by a regrettable paintjob - and on a Soloist no less.".

But I am pleasantly surprised. I'd refinish my guitars routinely if I could count on those results. Strong work!
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

ArrowHead is just really niceArrowHead is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowway View Post
Oooh, well done! I must admit, when I saw the thread title I thought, "Oh no, another crappy DIY home job"
In corpsegrinder's collection? Un-possible.

That color is nice. Not my favorite, but it's not my guitar. The super impressive part is how he actually managed to match it so perfectly to the other guitar. Not as easy as people would think. Even if you can match it under one type of light, colors can change as you move between rooms and different light sources.

That's skill.
ArrowHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #13
I'm always... hungry

danger5oh is just really nicedanger5oh is just really nice
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Auto-boner engaged! Very nice... I do wish a H/S was readily available. And that color is a damn good match.
danger5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #14
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Konfyouzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Holy crap.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
Pretty wisdomous

Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.Jakke is pretty damn metal.
Very nice

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, -42 and BrainArt

I am Dr. Disappointinator, after an accident with a radioactive school teacher I now possess the ability to instantly crush all hopes and desires of any individual at any given time

Emotions are for women, and gay children
Jakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowHead View Post
In corpsegrinder's collection? Un-possible.

Corpsegrinder88, we can has a family shot?

(And why the 88? Gmail: "Sorry, Corpsegrinder1 through Corpsegrinder87 are already taken. Would you like Corpsegrinder88? No offense, just messing with you. )
Unread 05-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #18
Jackson Whore

Actually they were! Lol no Corpsegrinder part came from my favorite Cheese gore movie. The corpsegrinders and the 88 was, my old motto cross number.

But here is almost all my guitars.

Been Awhile. Thought I Would Share My Collection.
Hollowway likes this.

Got Sharkfins?
Unread 05-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #19
Extended Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post

But here is almost all my guitars.

Been Awhile. Thought I Would Share My Collection.

Them is a lot of guitars! Some pretty nice Jacksons in there. I like how you have a whole section dedicated to projects you're working on.
Unread 05-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

jake7doyle is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what an improvement!!! that looks amazing now
jake7doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #21
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That's some nice paint right there.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #22
Bastard of Thousands

ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
turned out killer man - like that BKP
ridner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

Dooky is a jewel in the rough
That is awesome! And really great to see you turned what was a ruined guitar back into an epic guitar. Nice work dude.
Dooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #24
Bald and gribbly.

BigBaldIan is just really niceBigBaldIan is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Awesome rescue of a badly molested Soloist.
BigBaldIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #25
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Copper FTW!
darren is offline   Reply With Quote