homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Good to see Fernandes put out some new models, they make some killer guitars. I just hope they find their way to North America, as it doesn't always happen. They're definitely one of the hidden gems of the guitar market.
HeHasTheJazzHands likes this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Death Metal™

cwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of lightcwhitey2 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dat purple!

Mesa 2 channel
Basson 4x12

cwhitey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Giggity

JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Was looking at that today.... Wish the revolvers had better finishes. I remember seeing a flamed orange finish that was nice though
JP Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

snowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
JP Series

I see nothing but a bunch of winning.
I see nothing but boring headstocks. I know Fernandes makes good guitars, but their headstocks leave a lot to be desired.
snowblind56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
I̵ͨ͆̆̈́ͮͩ͑ͭ̅ͣ̆̉ͭ͑̃̚҉͞

gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.gunshow86de is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Dat Dragonfly Elite; 24 3/4" scale, Sustainer, Gotoh hardware, and KTS reinforced neck?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it. - Jack Handey

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gunshow86de is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhitey2 View Post
Dat purple!
>Superstrat
>Purple
>25.5inch scale
>Reverse headstock
>Floyd Rose
>Emg pickup
>Sustainer

I see nothing I hate about this guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind56 View Post
I see nothing but boring headstocks.
Might wanna see a doctor. There's a bit more then headstocks. :P
Bigfan likes this.
HeHasTheJazzHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

snowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud ofsnowblind56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasTheJazzHands View Post
>Superstrat
>Purple
>25.5inch scale
>Reverse headstock
>Floyd Rose
>Emg pickup
>Sustainer

I see nothing I hate about this guitar.

Might wanna see a doctor. There's a bit more then headstocks. :P
Nothing can kill a cool guitar faster than a bad headstock.
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #9
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind56 View Post
Nothing can kill a cool guitar faster than a bad headstock.
Idunno... I think throwing one into a bonfire would be worse.
MetalDaze likes this.
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews

I need this in my life.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

HisShadow is on a distinguished road
Whats the price point on those?
HisShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
Green guitar addict

BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.BucketheadRules is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Huge want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my YouTubings by making clicks upon this most generously provided link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ConnorFGuitar?feature=mhee

You can thank me later. Or throw stones, it's your call.

It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious...
BucketheadRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasTheJazzHands View Post
Idunno... I think throwing one into a bonfire would be worse.
The bonfire has potential to turn the headstock into a more aesthetically appealing shape.
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
Swyse

Swyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I like that plainer esp arrow

i prefer the reverse stranger where I sit on my dick till it's numb, so it feels like I'm jerking a stranger off - theo in chat
Swyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
The Sunwalker

Rain is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All of my want for that Vortex Elite JP.... I've been scouring all over the net for it but to no avail Luckily, Fernandes will be opening up their direct webshop tomorrow so everybody can order guitars right off their website

Unread 05-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
Onirica Guitars Fan

Zado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to beholdZado is a splendid one to behold
dat strat and dat purple are hot

The guy totally unable to get good rep

And with an unlimited gassing list, but very limited cash.
Zado is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Dat copyright infringement
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
#3 Forever

MesaENGR412 is just really niceMesaENGR412 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I wish they would make the Dragonfly with a Floyd Rose. I love that shape, but don't care much for Tone Pros style bridges.....

-AJH

My Gear:
Fractal Axe Fx II Mk II - MFC 101 Mk III - Mission EP1- White tolex/black faced Mesa Multiwatt Dual Rectifier - White tolex/black grille Mesa Recto 4x12 C90/V30 x-pattern and Road King 2x12 - Schecter SLS-FR, Hellraiser Extreme FR, Blackjack C7FR, Diamond J Bass - PRS SE Tremonti Custom - Squier Tele Dlx - Ibanez RG470

Proudly Endorsed by:
Mesa Boogie/Schecter/PRS/D'Addario Strings/Planet Waves Cables
MesaENGR412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Cool, they have KTS reinforced necks.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
No price listing yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromalia View Post
Dat copyright infringement
Didn't you get the whole "Made In Japan" memo?
Bloody_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #21
Giggity

JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Universe View Post
Was looking at that today.... Wish the revolvers had better finishes. I remember seeing a flamed orange finish that was nice though
That Purple is really growing on me. I'd take it over an RG
JP Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

Osiris will become famous soon enough
Quote:
http://fernandesguitars.com/images/s...P/rejp-stp.jpg
Body: Maple
Neck: Maple, Neck Through
Pickups: Neck : SUSTAINER, Bridge : EMG-81
So it's going to be the brightest guitar ever. I don't know of anything that could make it brighter.
And why does every "shredder" guitar have to have EMGs and a tremolo? Their target customer base is probably casual metalcore fans who would never use one. .... I think 90% of people would rather save $100 and have a hardtail that stays in tune better and is less of a hassle and looks better. And it's like high-output Duncans/Dimarzios are always out of the question. I hope a day comes when manufacturers throw a BKP/dimarzio combo on their guitars, which would cost about $200 anyway, the same as an EMG pair. But that would be really goofy.

Everything else is sick though, I like how they had the balls to do a purple.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
Tears Are My Bidet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
SoTheir target customer base is probably casual metalcore fans who would never use one.
As an active/Floyd lover, I take offense to that.
Church2224, Rain and Don Vito like this.
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #24
The Sunwalker

Rain is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
So it's going to be the brightest guitar ever. I don't know of anything that could make it brighter.
And why does every "shredder" guitar have to have EMGs and a tremolo? Their target customer base is probably casual metalcore fans who would never use one. .... I think 90% of people would rather save $100 and have a hardtail that stays in tune better and is less of a hassle and looks better. And it's like high-output Duncans/Dimarzios are always out of the question. I hope a day comes when manufacturers throw a BKP/dimarzio combo on their guitars, which would cost about $200 anyway, the same as an EMG pair. But that would be really goofy.

Everything else is sick though, I like how they had the balls to do a purple.
Personally. I think the Floyd Rose stays in tune perfectly. All of my guitars have Floyd Rose bridges and I prefer them much more over all the fixed bridge guitars I've had in the past. I wouldn't dream of having a "shredder" guitar anymore without a Floyd Rose. I do agree with you on the EMG's though. However, I still prefer Seymour Duncan actives on my guitars xD Also, I play guitar in a melodic death metal band....

Unread 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #25
Tears Are My Bidet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Personally. I think the Floyd Rose stays in tune perfectly.
Not to mention they're using a Gotoh FR, which is supposed to be the most stable and highest-quality one you can get.
Church2224 likes this.