homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By canuck brian

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

Escalus_Black is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best brand of custom shop guitar?

Hey just wondering what you guys thought would be the best brand of custom shop guitar, speak your peace about your own customs you've bought and if possible hint at some prices please
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-15-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
Pav
???

Pav will become famous soon enough
"Best" is a totally subjective perspective based on what you personally want out of both a custom shop and the guitar itself. While I could give you my preference, it's just that - MY preference. Of which a fair few guitarists out there would love to argue and disagree with me over. Just keep in mind that having a guitar custom built for you should be 100% what YOU want and not what someone else recommends you. I'm also firmly of the opinion that if price is a serious sticking point for you, a CS model probably isn't the route I would recommend going at the moment, otherwise you're likely to find yourself cutting corners to save money on your custom, which kind of defeats the point of a custom to begin with. It should be, top to bottom, inside and out, exactly what you want, and I can't even keep track of the number of guitarists I've come across who think they can find someone to not only build exactly what they want, but to do so with a budget that is simply unreasonable for any CS.

Hope I didn't rain on your parade at all, I just prefer to offer as non-biased of an opinion as I can. And since you obviously aren't 100% sure of what you want yet, I recommend settling on what you want, then shopping around brands based on that.
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
When you say "Custom Shop" do you mean the best experiences with the big boys like Fender, Esp, Jackson etc or do you mean smaller Luther's like Blackmachine, Jaden Rose or KxK?

As Pav says this is all totally subjective and you do need to be a bit more specific mate
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
blood junkie

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
If you'll read through the threads on a daily basis for awhile, and search some of the older threads on various brands that interest you,

you will get a good amount of insight into the relative aspects of most available brands.
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Bowes Guitars

canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.canuck brian is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
The best custom shop is the one that nails exactly what you have in your head and puts in into your hands.
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Totally subjective.

VIK imo. But like I said, subjective.
Closed Thread