homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
NOM.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

broj15 is just really nicebroj15 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Definitely a fan of that finish

"It's all jagged and jaded, but it suits us. We just fake it through."
broj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
neh...
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
neh...
Who the .... is Rob Balducci anyway?

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
CrushingAnvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushingAnvil View Post
Some shredder guy, I don't really like any of his LACS. That paintjob looks pretty amateur IMO

*waits for max to kill me*
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
That's awesome

I'd LOVE to see a decent pic of it
Konfyouzd likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
\m not jesus land m/

CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.CrushingAnvil is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Some shredder guy, I don't really like any of his LACS. That paintjob looks pretty amateur IMO

*waits for max to kill me*
Everyone knows djent is the new shred. He should get with the times.

I don't mind the guitar though. I'm always into maple

Whoever said "the best things in life are free" hasn't played an 80's RG" - TheSixthWheel
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Honestly after seeing LACS guitars now I wonder why people care anymore? It's a guitar you can never get unless the artist sells it. You can never get a guitar made by Ibanez customized for you.

Sure it's a nice guitar.. but I am totally over the LACS thing.

There's always Chris Woods, Technomancer said it's just like the real thing!
Unread 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
\m not jesus land m/

Quote:
Honestly after seeing LACS guitars now I wonder why people care anymore? It's a guitar you can never get unless the artist sells it. You can never get a guitar made by Ibanez customized for you.

ESP, Jackson and Carvin > Ibanez.

Unread 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
I love the bitching 99.9% of the guys on here can never own a Blackmachine but that doesn't keep people from drooling over them

I mean I'm not even into Ibanez as a company anymore but that guitar is awesome

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Well, at least the case is nice....

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
Pav
???

Pav will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
^ This.
Pav is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
Banned

engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:

I totally agree. LACs really aren't that big of a deal to me. I have played several, and whilst they are nice guitars, nothing really stood out to me. J. Customs are much nicer than the LACS I have played. Nicer woods. And the normal guy can get one. It may be cool if you are an Ibanez endorser, to pick your own color, but I can't see how the production quality of the LACS I played were incredible by any means. They really just felt like a Prestige with a couple minor changes. My two cents.
USMarine75 likes this.
engage757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #15
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
A guy who doesn't djent... like you said earlier. Nor copies Alan Holdsworth or Jason Becker for that matter, which is why he's not up with the times right?

shadowlife and USMarine75 like this.
Bloody_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

MrYakob is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The guitar doesn't do much for me, but I just watched some of those videos and I quite like the music
shadowlife and MrHelloGuitar like this.
MrYakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
SS Contributor

shadowlife is a glorious beacon of lightshadowlife is a glorious beacon of lightshadowlife is a glorious beacon of light
Liked the Liquid Soul video a lot, and prefer the guitar he's playing in the video to the one in the OP.

"There's no reason for a guitarist to have a big ego. You should love the instrument more than wanting to be a rock star."- Randy Rhoads
shadowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #18
Giggity

JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.JP Universe is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm loving that LACS
JP Universe is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #19
The Wrong Advices

Kwirk is a glorious beacon of lightKwirk is a glorious beacon of lightKwirk is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'll take 10.
Kwirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Buy a PGM and have it repainted. BAM!

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #21
Banned

engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.engage757 is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMarine75 View Post
Buy a PGM and have it repainted. BAM!

Essentially. That is what I can't figure out, and I am sure I will be flamed for this, but the truth of the matter is, I have actually PLAYED some. They are NOT that different from most similar production Prestige models! I don't understand the fascination with these guitars, unless you just want a guitar based on whose it was. Just get a Prestige model and mod it to whatever specs you want and have it painted whatever color you like.
USMarine75 likes this.
engage757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #22
Ibanez whore

theo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to beholdtheo is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
He didn't even get a prestige case with it :/
theo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
Doc McStuffins

USMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to allUSMarine75 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ Yeah, now if it was a 7 based on the PGM, with a modified neck profile, or something else unique... then F yeah! But, I can't see spending more and not getting anything that is measurably better aside from a (sweet!) custom paint job.

Shhh, don't tell anyone... but my current plan is to hire a Vai celebrity lookalike and have him spec the following guitar for LACS to build me...

I'm a lover… Not a fighter... But I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
USMarine75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #24
ss.org Regular

Rob Balducci is a jewel in the rough
Hey ya, How are you guys doing... Yes, i am a member have been for a while. I have my 7 strings as well. I do like them..

This new guitar is pretty killer, When I get guitars made I usualy do different kinds of wood and pick up configurations so when recording I have options. This one sounds really cool I will be using it to record my new record in the coming months.

I am fortunate to be endorsed with Ibanez guitars for the past 20 years and I think they are the best guitars in the world or I would not be playing them. I worked my ass off and put in a lot of time etc.. Endorsements do not just start out like this etc I worked up to it etc.. I played Ibanez before I was endoresed because I think they are the best guitars. I am lucky to have built a relationship wth them over the years and I am very happy wth the guitars. I do love the RG prestiges and the J customs and also the new premiums kick ass. I also love the art core series they are awesome.

Thanks for commenting whether negative or postive, thats how it rolls.

thx
RB

www.robbalducci.com
Rob Balducci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #25
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
He didn't even get a prestige case with it :/
The TJC and M100C are both made by TKL and are identical.

I'd be bummed it wasn't a UV1000C. I love the shit out of those cases.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote