homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #26
Bonitis.

Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Necris is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poho View Post
I got a honkin' big cheque for severance from when I had lost one of my two jobs back in September. I was planning to use it to pay some debts and then maybe order a JPX or a Custom 24...
Wait... you got a check a few months after losing a job and instead of paying off your debts you bought a guitar?

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #27
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
Wait... you got a check a few months after losing a job and instead of paying off your debts you bought a guitar?
Well this is sevenstring.org, not responsiblemoneymanagement.org
JPMike, Mwoit, ittoa666 and 12 others like this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #28
music and shat

Alpenglow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My god. It's so beautiful.
Alpenglow is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #29
Jebus

Goatchrist is just really niceGoatchrist is just really nice
Oh man! That looks clean!
Congrats!

You must unlearn what you have learned.
Goatchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #30
SS.org Regular

kruneh is just really nicekruneh is just really nice
Awesome!
Lucky man you are
kruneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #31
SS.org Regular

narad is a splendid one to beholdnarad is a splendid one to beholdnarad is a splendid one to beholdnarad is a splendid one to beholdnarad is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Very nice! They do just keep getting better and better.

"What do we say to the God of Practice?" "Not today!"
narad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #32
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
Debt? Pft, when Doug Campbell calls.... you answer. Its like a unicorn grazing on your front lawn.

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
SS.org Regular

Poho is just really nicePoho is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3m1ke View Post
Debt? Pft, when Doug Campbell calls.... you answer. Its like a unicorn grazing on your front lawn.
I don't think the situation could be better described than that.

Besides, I only list one of two jobs :P

Check out my band Tactus!
Listen to mine and Nolly's side-project Spectres.
Sign on for a lesson with me on Bandhappy, or check out my YouTube Channel for some free mini-lessons, guitar play-throughs, and lulz.
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #34
Totally Random

JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
FML!
JPMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #35
SS.org Regular

WidekMusic is a name known to allWidekMusic is a name known to allWidekMusic is a name known to allWidekMusic is a name known to all
Beatufiul guitar man, natural top is awesome!

Official Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/WidekMusic

Mixing & Mastering Services - http://widekrecords.com/

http://widekmusic.bandcamp.com - EP 2011
WidekMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #36
Flamenco is cool

Kabstract is a jewel in the rough
Blackmachine? Doesn't look black to me....

And I said, "HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA"
Kabstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #37
7slinger

Lorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to allLorcan Ward is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poho View Post
This thing just shreds like mozzarella on a grater

Who needs a payed of mortgage or loan when you've got a Blackmachine.

Congrats on the guitar!! Its good to know it went to someone on the waiting list. Doug must have got swamped with emails. How do the emeralds sound?
Lorcan Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #38
on a tone quest

MAJ Meadows SF is just really niceMAJ Meadows SF is just really nice
Son of a bitch pile of monkey balls I want one! Damnit I've never been able to match up funds timing with availability either. I went knee deep on two customs and a month later a used B2 went up for sale. That was after a new B2 went a bit out of my range and was gobbled up. One of these days...

That is the best B6 I have seen yet. You are one lucky dude and congrats on the amazing instrument! I never liked the plain swamp ash top that much (wouldn't stop me for one second from buying one), but this one... I would take her out on the town for a lovely lobster dinner.
MAJ Meadows SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #39
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
To be fair guys the BM will probably be worth even more in a few years.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #40
SS.org Regular

Evil Weasel is just really niceEvil Weasel is just really nice
Does anyone know what is happening with Blackmachne after the random ones being built and offered to those on the waiting list? At least I won't feel so guilty since when funds allow my next custom will probably be like a B6 with a few changes!

Anyway, stunning guitar and I bet it plays as good as it looks.
Evil Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #41
SS.org Regular

warhead78 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Oh the magic the B6 and I could make together, nice axe bro
warhead78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #42
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawnacrol View Post

Who needs a payed of mortgage or loan when you've got a Blackmachine.

Congrats on the guitar!! Its good to know it went to someone on the waiting list. Doug must have got swamped with emails. How do the emeralds sound?
Yeah I can imagine he got an insane slurry of e-mails, so I'm really honored that he saw my name in the pile and gave me first refusal. i didn't confirm that I could buy it until a few days after it had been posted, so I know that he was waiting on me, which made me feel exceptionally special.

The Emeralds are just KILLER man, they absolutely rock balls for chordage; the high notes always cut right through. And they totally scream on solos. They handle lower-mid djenty stuff well too, very beefy.

The only thing is the strings are much higher than what I'm used to, so I need to figure out how to set it up more comfortably without ruining the magic that Doug put into it.

Sign on for a lesson with me on Bandhappy, or check out my YouTube Channel for some free mini-lessons, guitar play-throughs, and lulz.
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #43
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidekMusic View Post
Beatufiul guitar man, natural top is awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ Meadows SF View Post
That is the best B6 I have seen yet. You are one lucky dude and congrats on the amazing instrument! I never liked the plain swamp ash top that much (wouldn't stop me for one second from buying one), but this one... I would take her out on the town for a lovely lobster dinner.
Thanks guys! I agree, the only thing that was disappointing me about it not being a B2 was that plain-Jane wood that all the B6s so far have had. But when I opened that case, let me tell you, it was something like this:

And the pictures don't even do it justice man. The grain on this thing holds its own against even the fancy-topped custom BMs out there, it's something else.
right_to_rage likes this.

Unread 04-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #44
on a tone quest

MAJ Meadows SF is just really niceMAJ Meadows SF is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Weasel View Post
Does anyone know what is happening with Blackmachne after the random ones being built and offered to those on the waiting list? At least I won't feel so guilty since when funds allow my next custom will probably be like a B6 with a few changes!

Anyway, stunning guitar and I bet it plays as good as it looks.
I believe, but won't quote, that Nolly stated somewhere that Doug is going by the same build schedule/process this year as last. That is, he builds what he wants when he wants and puts them up for sale. He has a collection of rare and special woods, some we've seen some we've not, and he is building them to his order, or the way he wants to at his own pace. No more custom orders at this time, unfortunately. Only Doug can really say if he will ever get back into the orders process, or will expand to a more 'production like' system with few one-off hand builts being made anymore. Either way, it's his business, his choice, his guitars.

It no doubt adds value and rarety to these scarce instruments. BLUF: there are some lucky dudes out there who own them, Poho included! I get the idea, although it sucks for the rest of us.

The B6 is really the closest thing to a production model he makes. From what I know they are not to be customs, other than the pickups, so any changes to each instrument won't happen. Never hurts to ask, but that's what has been relayed to me. Just have to pay attention and hope for the best in the hunt for one, used or new!
MAJ Meadows SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #45
(((Ω)))

shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.shitsøn is pretty much the man.
As much as I'm impressed by all the Blackmachines with wild figured woods, I'm not lusting for one of those B6s. Glad to hear it plays and sounds great, tho. Happy NGD!
shitsøn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #46
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidekMusic View Post

The B6 is really the closest thing to a production model he makes. From what I know they are not to be customs, other than the pickups, so any changes to each instrument won't happen. Never hurts to ask, but that's what has been relayed to me. Just have to pay attention and hope for the best in the hunt for one, used or new!
Indeed. The only question he asked me was what I wanted for pickups. Everything else was already set; he had already ordered all of the hardware before he had even posted it on the site.

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Gonna have to get a B6 some day, GAS too hard to cope with!
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #48
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
Gonna have to get a B6 some day, GAS too hard to cope with!
I've had GAS for Blackmachines for so long that the release when I opened the case up was thunderous.

Unread 04-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #49
SS.org Regular

ilovefinnish is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
good for you man! AMAZING guitar!
ilovefinnish is offline   Reply With Quote