homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-21-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Hellz Yeah! New six string time! (56k=Pepsi)

Well I took a trip to Long&McQuade today, thought i'd have a look around, kill some time. I ended up leaving with a new guitar....sort of.

First off, I must say if you ever get the chance, try out a Godin Guitar. Very nice guitars, and the only reason I didn't pick up a lefty Godin, was because it had no trem of any kind. The right handed one I saw had a trem, and I think piezo or synth or something, and if that was available left handed, I would have picked that up instead. Very impressive guitars

Anyway, onto the guitar I did buy...

Got myself a pretty pimp gig bag

And a '95 US Fender Strat with a maple board and white body. My favourite combo on a strat
And that's not all. It's fairly beat. Which saves me some trouble

I'm out of beer, so a toast using a mini sprite will have to suffice

There was another one there exactly like this, but like a 2000 some with a rosewood board brand new and I said to myself "Man, if it had a maple board i'd be taking it home right now." Then I saw this hanging on the wall mixed in with some gibson's. I'm very pleased with this guitar. Still need to restring it and buy a bar for it but other than that it's perfect.

POOF!
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
gang* 4 lyfe

Mark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to allMark. A is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That is also my fav colour combo on a strat, that looks farking awesome dude.

Congrats
Mark. A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
:ubersquint:

OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nice
i may be geeting a strat of my own soon (see my recent -now locked- thread as to how)
is it a high gloss or nitrocellulous finish?
what pickups/how are they?
what kind of profile does the neck have?

You've got your head down
You've got your eyes closed
You look so pitiful now

Your body encrusted with ash
Breath heavy with toxins
Hair singed and matted
Clothes frayed and burnt

You are left with nothing
OzzyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Aye.

Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.Scott harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Dude I just walked in the door, uploaded the pictures and made this thread. I haven't even restrung it yet

POOF!
Unread 11-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #5

OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Dude I just walked in the door, uploaded the pictures and made this thread. I haven't even restrung it yet

i guess i can wait 10 mins

You look so pitiful now

Breath heavy with toxins
Hair singed and matted
Clothes frayed and burnt

Unread 11-21-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
Tin Foil Central

God Hand Apostle is a name known to allGod Hand Apostle is a name known to allGod Hand Apostle is a name known to allGod Hand Apostle is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A mini-Sprite to Scotty for a score well done!

ps. scallop that shiz G, and get a pirate shirt with fluffy sleeves.
God Hand Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
That looks nice, my favorite color combo too. Nice score.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 06:46 PM   #8

also....is that a 2 point or vintage trem (kinda hard to tell from the pics) and how is it for keeping tune after using it

You look so pitiful now

Breath heavy with toxins
Hair singed and matted
Clothes frayed and burnt

Unread 11-21-2006, 06:47 PM   #9
Aye.

like I said, I don't have a bar for it yet.

Don't make me kick you out of my thread

POOF!
Unread 11-21-2006, 06:54 PM   #10

oh..sorry
i guess i should have read that last sentence a little better

You look so pitiful now

Breath heavy with toxins
Hair singed and matted
Clothes frayed and burnt

Unread 11-21-2006, 07:02 PM   #11
yes... i AM faster

velocity is a name known to allvelocity is a name known to allvelocity is a name known to allvelocity is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
scott. be careful. shopping at L&M can be very addictive! trust me i know...

nice strat by the way!
velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #12

BinaryTox1n is a name known to allBinaryTox1n is a name known to allBinaryTox1n is a name known to allBinaryTox1n is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice!
Every guitarist could use a good strat.

My favorite color combo too,
and nice and dinged up, the way a strat should be.

Too bad it's backwards.

Dave didn't like the song on the radio. So he killed a little girl.
BinaryTox1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #13
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Great score. I just sold my last six string, and the only one I would consider buying is a Strat with maple board in either white or sunburst

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #14
Aye.

I used to have a 50th anniversary strat..

It was alright, it felt good to play, but the S-1 pickups weren't all that great, and the finish had some issues.

Once I get a bar and upgrade the tuners on this new baby it'll be all set. Maybe change out these pickups for some gilmour emg's, depends on how I like these

POOF!
Unread 11-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #15
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Nice score on the Strat, Scott. It's just like mine except mine is Mexican and right-handed of course.

Congrats!
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #16
ss.org Regular

that guy is headed in the right direction.
the texas specials are awsome single coils , if you decide to change those out

smokey the bear is way more intense in person
that guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
We require pics of you and the guitar, doing a Yngwie-style lunge.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

that guy is headed in the right direction.
and beating up a flight attendant

smokey the bear is way more intense in person
that guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #19
Manager / RHLC

skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.
Nice, very nice strat!

Have some scratches, that give life to that strato.

Very malmsteenera!

Looks so weird a lefty strato.

Hey, pepsi rocks!

56k = Coca Cola

Back to da 'hood (sevenstring.org)
skinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 03:11 AM   #20
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Congrats dude!
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 03:17 AM   #21
tacos?

Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.Mr. S is shredding to new heights.
very nice, sweet colour & fretboard combo too

Knights that say
Mr. S is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 04:22 AM   #22
Shun Goku Satsu!

Oguz286 is just really niceOguz286 is just really nice
I'm not into strats much (although i have one myself), but this one looks very nice! Too bad it's a lefty

"You should treat your plane like you treat your women... get inside them 5 times a day and take them to heaven and back. WOOF!" - Lord Flashheart
Last.fm
Oguz286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2006, 06:25 AM   #23
I poop in shoes.

nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.nitelightboy is his own personal hero.
I love banged up Strats with maple boards. Nothing quite like 'em.

I am the mask you wear.
nitelightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2006, 02:49 AM   #24
ss.org Regular

pc1owner is on a distinguished road
That is definitely one of my fav looking guitars.
pc1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2006, 04:20 AM   #25
OldschoolGhettostyle

Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Naren has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Very nice. I'm one of the guys on here who really likes Gibsons and Fenders and I get sad when I see people bashing them. Congrats, Scott.
Naren is offline   Reply With Quote