homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
My Ibanez RX170...

...is made of plywood

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Gear Junkie

ibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
what did you expect on a cheap guitar? Alder?
ibanezcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #3

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
i expected it to be made of ancient Chinese Oak and pieces of the Declaration Of Independence

but really, i was hoping it was some sort of solid wood. i guess i should be glad it isn't plastic!

Unread 11-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #4

BinaryTox1n is a name known to allBinaryTox1n is a name known to allBinaryTox1n is a name known to allBinaryTox1n is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
i expected it to be made of ancient Chinese Oak and pieces of the Declaration Of Independence

You should have known better..... only squiers have wood of that quality.

Dave didn't like the song on the radio. So he killed a little girl.
BinaryTox1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #5
G'day mate D:

jarrydn is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
To be incredibly honest, I'm not really concerned if I discover my guitars are made out of plywood. I guess I am the lord of cheap pawnshop guitars though :P

But seriously, if it sounds cool with distortion layered on, then it doesn't really matter . I stripped back my Cimar Star to find that it was made out of about a million different bits of wood with a plywood top and bottom, but it's definitely my favourite playing and sounding guitar XD
jarrydn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
We need an OWNED! Smiley.
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #7

well, it was definitely bargin bin
the pickups squeal under any kind of high gain setting, but sound alright on a clean channel. this was going to be a project guitar, but i think i'll just put it back together and sell it. the neck is really what i was after, and is definitely the best part of the guitar, i'd just rather start with something good, then improve from there, rather than put time/money into a guitar that doesn't have a solid base.

Unread 11-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Sometimes cheap guitars can sound cool. Not exactly what the cork sniffers of tone would call good tone but very cool and usable. Just remember when it doubt turn that shit up.
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #9
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrydn
To be incredibly honest, I'm not really concerned if I discover my guitars are made out of plywood. I guess I am the lord of cheap pawnshop guitars though :P

But seriously, if it sounds cool with distortion layered on, then it doesn't really matter . I stripped back my Cimar Star to find that it was made out of about a million different bits of wood with a plywood top and bottom, but it's definitely my favourite playing and sounding guitar XD
Truth.

My oldschool Ibby EX sounds better than my Universe, and it's not worth the powder to blow it to hell.

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 04:10 AM   #10
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Everyone should own a plywood beater for experimenting with.
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 12:07 PM   #11
Ibanez Guitars

Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Shawn deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I had a Platinum series BC Rich Warlock that was made of plywood back in the day, I thought it was a decent sounding and playing axe too.

My Guitar Videos My Band/Project

Guitars~

1991 Ibanez UV7PWH (Dead Mint),
1991 Ibanez UV7BK (Mint),
1998 (F97) Ibanez RG7620BK (refinished in Arctic White),
1999 Ibanez S7420FMTT (silver dot),
2013 Ibanez RG8WH,
1999 Fender Made in Mexico Strat (white, maple fretboard)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #12
Gear Junkie

ibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to allibanezcollector is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I owned my fair share of el cheapos.. Hell some I regret selling.
ibanezcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM   #13
Vince is X!!!

Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.Vince has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Truth.

My oldschool Ibby EX sounds better than my Universe, and it's not worth the powder to blow it to hell.
+1

My old EX is what I play, when I play 6-string. Huge sound from that thing.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote