homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #26
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 136 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowblind56 View Post
Since when does Warmoth do neck thru?
They don't - he's planning on a PRS-esq bolt on 7 string 25" scale guitar.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #27
Pardon my french

Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Andromalia is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A carbon fiber false cover might look good on this and be less expensive than a full refinish.
Andromalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 02:04 AM   #28
Kahler Abuser

Ironbird is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, try to find a skin for it. Cheap and reversible.

Leave no stone unturned until I'm done.
Ironbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #29
Electrifying

Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I'd refinish it personally, just something solid. I don't know what you paid for it, but I'd get the middle single coil route filled, refinish over it, get an HS Soloist, block the bridge (or fill the route [since we're going all out anyway ] and get a Schaller 456 on there).

Filling routes is very easy, and my local tech will do re-routes on stripped bodies for as little as 30 if you remove all the hardware etc.

HS Jackson Soloist with an awesome hard tail bridge would be epic. Even if that's $5-600 work, if the guitar cost much under a grand it'd be so worth it to me.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #30
Bald and gribbly.

BigBaldIan is just really niceBigBaldIan is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
I'd refinish it personally, just something solid. I don't know what you paid for it, but I'd get the middle single coil route filled, refinish over it, get an HS Soloist, block the bridge (or fill the route [since we're going all out anyway ] and get a Schaller 456 on there).

Filling routes is very easy, and my local tech will do re-routes on stripped bodies for as little as 30 if you remove all the hardware etc.

HS Jackson Soloist with an awesome hard tail bridge would be epic. Even if that's $5-600 work, if the guitar cost much under a grand it'd be so worth it to me.
I was with you all the way until the hardtail point.
BigBaldIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #31
Dread-I Master

Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.Konfyouzd is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Mesh - You lucky bitch... I've been looking for a project guitar like this for a while...

Konfyouzd is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #32
The Abiding Dude

mhickman2 is just really nicemhickman2 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
There are tons of options I would go with. I've always wanted to do a Bengal pattern with a deep sparkly blue on top of white pearl or plain white.
mhickman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 03:36 AM   #33
Some call me... Tim

Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.Grand Moff Tim is pretty much the man.
Rhinestones.

"We must not indulge in unfavorable views of mankind, since by doing it we make bad men believe they are no worse than others, and we teach the good that they are good in vain." - Walter Winchell

"Progressive music used to be about thinking outside the box, but now it's just about fitting as many notes inside the box as possible, and it bores me to tears." -Sol Niger 333 [paraphrased]

"It is important to be a Jedi." - Mika
Grand Moff Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #34
Bald and gribbly.

Don't keep us in the dark, what will you be doing to it?
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #35
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 136 reviews
Decided for th etime being I'll just play it and enjoy it. I'm going to plug the holes with screws and put in a dimarzio Super 3 in th ebridge.
Rook likes this.
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #36
Bald and gribbly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpharoah View Post
Decided for th etime being I'll just play it and enjoy it. I'm going to plug the holes with screws and put in a dimarzio Super 3 in th ebridge.
Thought, how about getting some anodised screws in either complimentary/contrasting colour?
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #37
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaldIan View Post
I was with you all the way until the hardtail point.
That seldom works, anyway - the block of wood you have to use frequently destroys the resonance of the guitar.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #38
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Decided for th etime being I'll just play it and enjoy it.
Fine choice. Guitars should have character!

Quote:
put in a dimarzio Super 3 in th ebridge.
I thought you said you were going to enjoy it?

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #39
wat

jam3v is just really nicejam3v is just really nice
Refinish it? What's the point? Looks good from the pictures. Who cares if it's got a few holes in it.

Spend your money on good pickups to throw in and any other placement parts it might need.

How much did you pay for that if you don't mind me asking.
jam3v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:29 AM   #40
I'm a robot...

74n4LL0 is a glorious beacon of light74n4LL0 is a glorious beacon of light74n4LL0 is a glorious beacon of light
if you find a nail polish of a similar color you can try to fill the holes paint them
74n4LL0 is offline   Reply With Quote