homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #26
ss.org Regular

faekildare will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For me personally, I will rate the Edge pro on par with Edge/Lo-pro after the locking studs that Rich from Ibanez Rules has provided. One reason that I prefer the Edge Pro to the Lo Pro is the weight. It is way lighter. The routing is also smaller (Better tone?). But otherwise, they are all good trems.
BigPhi84 likes this.

http://theguitarotaku.blogspot.com/
虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず
faekildare is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
Swyse

Swyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of lightSwyse is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMB13 View Post
I replaced the Lo-Pro Edge on my RG560 with a ZR (ZPS included and the Schaller trem arm mod) and never looked back, not that the Lo-Pro Edge sucked or anything (quite the opposite!) but the ZR feels so much smoother and handles the abuse extremely well.

I would replace the Lo-Pro Edge 7 on my K-7 also but don't want to mod that guitar in such an extreme way

I showed Ibanez my RG560 with a ZR, hopefully they will take that into account and release 1 ZR equipped RG, to me, for free,
Pics or it didn't happen.

i prefer the reverse stranger where I sit on my dick till it's numb, so it feels like I'm jerking a stranger off - theo in chat
Swyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #28
Parker ber alles

yingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to beholdyingmin is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyse View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
It happened.

Lo-Pro to ZR conversion 99.9% Complete, Whaaat!
BigPhi84, Mendez and Swyse like this.

I have a problem cn this mod ke the eicoli and the infantry cn a blow dies what can make?

excused for the errors but are Italian
yingmin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
Banned

Eric Christian is a jewel in the rough
What the general opinion on the Edge Zero II-7 w/ZPS3Fe model? Specifically on this guitar:

Ibanez.com | Electric Guitars | RG7320
Eric Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #30
Guitar Popcicle

AK DRAGON is just really niceAK DRAGON is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Max is pretty spot on with the list. I have played all but the ZR and newer, so I can't comment on them.

With locking studs my Double Edge is solid no matter what abuse I throw at it. In my book I would have to say it's a hair better than the Lo Pro.
AK DRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #31
SS.org Regular

rockstarazuri is just really nicerockstarazuri is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
If I had to rate the locking Ibanez bridges in order from best to worst (from a quality perspective) I'd say:

BEST
Edge Lo-Pro and Original Edge (tie)
Edge Pro
Edge Zero
ZR (v2.1)
Lo-TRS
Edge III
Lo-TRS II
Edge Pro II
TRS 201
TRS 101
WORST

I left the Edge Zero II out as it's FAR too new to evaluate. In a year or so when they've actually been put to the test we'll know. Though, based on what I already now, I'd put them between the Edge Zero and ZR on my list.

As far as why some bridges are better received than others it comes down to a few factors 1) quality of materials/build, 2) player's preference, and 3) how old the unit is.

For instance I LOVE the Lo-Pro. It's by far my favorite trem out there. Does that mean that the ZR is shit? No, it just means I really like the Lo-Pro and the guitars it comes on. The fact I've been using them for so long also plays into it.
Great, but I think the ZR and the Edge Zero should be a tie just because they are practically the same unit but with different construction. Personally I like the ZR better
rockstarazuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #32
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstarazuri View Post
Great, but I think the ZR and the Edge Zero should be a tie just because they are practically the same unit but with different construction. Personally I like the ZR better
2 Different trems actually. While both have the Zero point system. ZR are pivoted on roller bearings while the EZ are on traditional knife edges. This is a major factor that changes the feel of the trem unit. ZR players prefer the smoothness the ZR gives during trem useage, almost like a Khaler. Again this is preference. I tend to prefer the kinfe edges, but that's me.

I can agree that to rate these trems against each other gets hazy and can arguably be on equal terms. Both trems are fantastic, and it really boils down to player preference.

...by the way, just to reiterate: ZRvII > ZRvI. The former being made from refined parts based on the flaws of the latter.
Bloody_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #33
SS.org Regular

DTay47 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The edge pro on my JS1200 has served me perfectly well for the past 3 years. Of course no floating trem is truly 100% perfect and will eventually go out of tune. Does anyone have any experience with the locking stud mod for the edge pro and how easy (or hard) it is to do?
DTay47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #34
ss.org Regular

faekildare will become famous soon enough
Just a little update. I've migrated my blog to a newer address and the same following article can be found here.

ザギターオタク The Guitar Otaku: Ibanez Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by faekildare View Post
I've written an article with all the pictures and explanation. I knew someone will ask about it eventually.

ザギターオタク The Guitar Otaku: Ibanez Edge

http://theguitarotaku.blogspot.com/
虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず
faekildare is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #35
SS.org Regular

chrisharbin is just really nicechrisharbin is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmel View Post
I've heard that the Edge Zero II is really solid. Never heard anything bad about it
I just got a premium with one. It's actually fine so far, but it's like the FR with the screw in arm and you have to futz a bit sometimes (but it's not as bad as my FR which is terribly hard to keep in place)

The thing about the ZPS system is it's designed to be stiff. I have not taken the extra spring set off and tried that yet (my tech has it right now). I personally like the idea of having the trem but being able to do double-stops.
chrisharbin is offline   Reply With Quote