homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #1

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NGD: Jackson Adrian Smith San Dimas Dinky (No one actually has 56k anymore)

Sup guys!
I actually played this very model at the Jackson booth at Sonisphere and immediately fell in love with it.

I have been digging on strats as of late, maybe due to the fact that single coils in an Alder body just sound so good to my ears.

And this is like a Strat made for shredders, it has the best of both worlds:
You get the Alder body and Maple neck for the attack, but you get a smooth and flat Ebony board with big frets and a Floyd for the bridge. You get the 2 Fender SCN single coils in the middle and neck, but in the bridge is a Dimarzio Super Distortion.
Plus its damn sexy in white.

I seriously have not put this guitar down since it arrived, its incredibly versatile and jamming on crunch tones on the Axefx II with it is pretty much the most addictive thing ever. The guitar arrived from the UK set up perfectly (for standard tuning GASP! but it works well in Drop D) and the action is low and smooth.

The when on the bridge pup its very aggressive and super djenty, but put it on the middle or neck especially and it goes warm and smooth, super bluesy and still retains that spanky strat character we all know and love. Seriously this guitar was made for mid-gain anything! And the build and craftsmanship/fretwork seem to be top notch as i would expect for a USA Jackson.

Anyways on to the pics:

And just for fun here are pics of some of the family:

bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
sixstringer

Bigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of light
Well, this is unexpected
Bigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

Osiris will become famous soon enough
Yall should record an album with that guitar in standard tuning for the heck of it.
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

Elijah is just really niceElijah is just really nice
Nice rack
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
Thundercrafter

Dead Undead is just really niceDead Undead is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm so jealous right now I might implode.

HNGD. Treat it well. It's beautiful.

"if everyone thought i was as funny as i think i am, everyone would quote me in their signatures" - Grand Moff Tim
Dead Undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Beautiful, I love white shredders!
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:35 AM   #7
SS Contributor

xtrustisyoursx is just really nicextrustisyoursx is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
2 decibels?
xtrustisyoursx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:37 AM   #8

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Beautiful, I love white shredders!
WHITE POWER!

Edit: 2nd possible and equally awesome response: That's what the Malevolent Creation guys said too!
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #9
The White-Knuckler

Philligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrustisyoursx View Post
2 decibels?

Didn't see this one coming, but congrats, the Adrian Smiths are sweet guitars

My Flickr.

"it blowed the emg's in the dirt" - De Vries

"Richlite is to Paper Mache as Carbon Composite is to charcoal briquettes." - Max
Philligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:38 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrustisyoursx View Post
2 decibels?
One of them is Darren's and is kindly being loaned to me as that guitar sounds very unique and interesting in low tunings and im experimenting with it for the new album(s)!
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #11
The White-Knuckler

Philligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud ofPhilligan has much to be proud of
EDIT: by Misha

My Flickr.

"it blowed the emg's in the dirt" - De Vries

"Richlite is to Paper Mache as Carbon Composite is to charcoal briquettes." - Max
Philligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #12

Lasik124 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn, I dig it congrats
Lasik124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #13
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
WHITE POWER!

Edit: 2nd possible and equally awesome response: That's what the Malevolent Creation guys said too!
I was alluding to your 1337 shredder gf
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 03:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
I was alluding to your 1337 shredder gf
Haha nice one! So now i can say that i love my white shredder, and if my gf is within earshot, ill just say i was talking about her!
Unread 08-06-2011, 03:47 AM   #15
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
congrats man. bring it on tour and have lando, chewie and boba fett take pics with it
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #16
H. Maddas

Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pooluke41 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
And now all your Youtube Fanboys Instantly GAS for Jacksons Rather than BRJ's.

Well done bulb, you are officially known as God.
Church2224 and MetalBuddah like this.
Pooluke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 03:49 AM   #17
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Nice! have you tried the James Root Strat? it has EMGs :/ but the neck and radius on it is amazing.

Any clips of it through your rig ?

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 03:50 AM   #18
I like stuff

sol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud ofsol niger 333 has much to be proud of
Second pic made my fawking jaw drop dude. Simplicity in design is the key. Two colours. High contrast. No quilts or gold or anything overdone. So classy and simple it pops out at you, I'm jelly jelly Mcgee. Alder maple is awesome! Clear and middy. I have a really old George Lynch Tiger with the alder body instead of maple, its snappy as all hell with a cold sweat in da breehaaawj
sol niger 333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #19
a lurker regular

Skeletongue is on a distinguished road
I could look at those pictures for eight hours straight without getting bored. ....ing amazing. I. Need. One. Now.
Skeletongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 05:48 AM   #20
I'm old school

Jason2112 is just really niceJason2112 is just really nice
I really dig these guitars but I just can't bring myself to shell out that kind of bread for one. Congrats!
Jason2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #21
SS.org Regular

atticmike is a jewel in the rough
Dude I got to play a suhr standard recently though I have to admit that going by the quality, the jackson looks much better.

Congrats man!

How much did you pay for it?

As far as the collection in the background is concerned, you are such a whore
atticmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 06:08 AM   #22
Totally Random

JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.JPMike is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
To be honest, this is the last kind of guitar I would expect you to get, but that's a damn straight superb super supery strat!! Not my cup of tea, but it looks beautiful.

Grats on it!!

P.S. Guitars are never enough.
JPMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #23
Manufacture

FACTORY is a jewel in the rough
Its a hell-a nice guitar.
FACTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 07:50 AM   #24
Bald and gribbly.

BigBaldIan is just really niceBigBaldIan is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Happy epic new Jackson day! Oh yes like the limted depth of field in the first photo as well.
BigBaldIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #25
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Adrian's a tremendously underrated player and has exquisite taste in guitars with the possible exception of his Lado's.

HNGD!
Dead Undead likes this.

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote