homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Guitar Whore

Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is Ibanez prestige Quality Hit or miss?

I am about to pull the trigger on an S5470f. Someone over at Jemsite and apparently Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules says their quality is hit or miss, but the Gear Page and this Site always say otherwise. I had an RG1527 That was pretty much perfect so I am not sure. I do not want to pull the trigger on an instrument with problems...

Guitars: Jackson USA - ESP - Schecter USA - Ibanez
Amps: Marshall - Carvin - Line 6
Church2224 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
1-watt brigadier

Mordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud ofMordacain has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church2224 View Post
I am about to pull the trigger on an S5470f. Someone over at Jemsite and apparently Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules says their quality is hit or miss, but the Gear Page and this Site always say otherwise. I had an RG1527 That was pretty much perfect so I am not sure. I do not want to pull the trigger on an instrument with problems...
QC on Prestiges is pretty much spot-on. Same level you would expect with an American Fender Standard / Deluxe. You're pretty much guaranteed of an excellent quality production guitar.
jymellis likes this.

Currently in progress of replacing every guitar I have...piece by piece

- "Unfortunately, our ability for rational thinking is inversely proportionate to our desire to stick our dicks into orifices." - pink freud

- "I don't have all the answers to everything, I'm not God, when I get girls pregnant they aren't virgins anymore." - scottro202
Mordacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I had a 5470SOL that was absolutely flawless, two great 1527s, and am now the owner of an 1820X that I love dearly. I say pull it.
jymellis likes this.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
djentleman

orakle is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
not worried at all about Ibanez Prestige QC, go for it
jymellis likes this.
orakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Chug Life

themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.themike is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Prestiege and J Craft should yield no worries. Top notch instruments with razor thin action. Sometimes I miss my S1520.
jymellis likes this.

themike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Nitrobattery is a glorious beacon of lightNitrobattery is a glorious beacon of lightNitrobattery is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've had three Prestige models and they've all been fantastic. Out of all of the Gibsons, PRS's, Fenders, Caparisons, ESP's etc etc that I've owned over the years, my RGA321F is hands down the best built and most reliable guitar I've ever gotten my hands on. I could stick it in a snow bank for an hour and then play in room that's 90 degrees and the neck wouldn't move.
jymellis, Church2224 and Static like this.
Nitrobattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 01:33 AM   #7
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
I've never played or owned a Prestige Ibanez that was not incredible, and I've played a lot of them!
Black_Sheep likes this.

think of it this way. you could have a room full of worthless douchebag darrel signature deans - jymellis
Esp Griffyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 03:18 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

MatthewK is just really niceMatthewK is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Everyone I've played has been awesome. I don't agree with the Fender comparison, I've yet to play an American Fender that is better than "okay".
Bigfan likes this.
MatthewK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 03:33 AM   #9
POSTING ON INTERNET

Miek is just really niceMiek is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It's hit.
Dead Undead likes this.
Miek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 04:09 AM   #10
Banned

ZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to allZEBOV is a name known to all
Upon picking up a Prestige or J Craft at any guitar store, the only reason why it would have flaws is because of some ....wit not treating it right at the guitar store.
ZEBOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
ss.org Regular

dsquared will become famous soon enough
I would listen to Rich, he knows Ibanez better than anyone. Otoh, if you buy from Rich, you have nothing to worry about. His setups are top notch.
dsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #12
silly person

Dayn is a jewel in the rough
Hmm... after thinking about it, has there ever been a prestige Ibanez, straight from the factory, that hasn't been top-notch in quality?
Bigfan and ericsleepless like this.
Dayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #13
Guitar Whore

Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.Church2224 is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
I would listen to Rich, he knows Ibanez better than anyone. Otoh, if you buy from Rich, you have nothing to worry about. His setups are top notch.
I also read some people think he can be a pain at times as well, but I am not sure

There have been very few Bad Prestiges from all I have read. Most problems are apparently with Fret work and setups, but in reality that can be fixed easily. Plus their is the possibility that those things could have just happened by shipping them overseas.

I thought htey were consistent guitars. I owned a stellar RG1527 and still have an RG550rxx. Plus I have played some S5470s that were all great, I am thinking it was my OCD about getting reassured I was right...

Thanks anyway though.

Guitars: Jackson USA - ESP - Schecter USA - Ibanez
Amps: Marshall - Carvin - Line 6
Church2224 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #14
Uber Stringer

TheShreddinHand is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Both my RG1527 and RG1420F I got about 2 months or so ago were perfect out of the box, just needed to condition the fretboards and put on new strings.

Eric
TheShreddinHand is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #15
[10]

Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.Razzy is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I pick up an Ibanez Prestige every time I see them around town, because they're my favorite guitars, and they're not overly common here. I own an SV5470F and an RGA121, and I used to have an S2170SE, and they've all been spectacular, as well as all the other ones I've put my hands on.

ESP M-II -> Randall Diavlo 100 -> Mesa Rectifier 4x12 and 2x12.
Razzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
(((Ω)))

shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.shitsøn is his own personal hero.
they're more like hit or hit.

all the prestiges i own / have owned, including a S5470, are flawless. pull that trigger!
shitsøn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
djentleman

orakle is a jewel in the rough
hit/hit, exactly !!
orakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

Black_Sheep will become famous soon enough
I have an Ibanez prestige RG2610z, and it's absolutely great. Bought it new couple of year ago. The only thing i dislike is the single bridge pickup (it's SD tb10, full shred, and it's good, it's just that there's only one. I'd like to have a neck pickup also). But quality-wise, it's awesome. And so is every other prestige series ibby that i've tried so far. Go for it, you won't be disapointed!

I've also owned an prestige RG1527, which was quite good. But i bought it used and it had some flaws because of that. But it wasn't bad either. And the new stock 1527's are really good.

This being said, i must add that i've never played a high-end Ibanez that would have some quality-issues. Even most of the low-end ibbys are really really good for the price you can get one.

"Reality is almost always wrong."
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #19
Loves his Q-tuners

Cheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to beholdCheesebuiscut is a splendid one to behold
Back when I used to be on the ibanez forums you'd see enough hit or miss with prestiges but these people were comparing the old (Pre-2000) prestiges with the new ones and the old ones were a step above the new stuff.

It was very very rare there was anything overly wrong with them.
Cheesebuiscut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

Rock4ever is a jewel in the rough
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/ne...0f-109288.html

...made me jizz irl
Rock4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #21
I'm old school

Jason2112 is just really niceJason2112 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've owned 7 Prestige guitars and every one of them was stellar. My only concern with them has been 1) thin paint that chips easily, and 2) the cosmo hardware wears very quickly.
Bigfan likes this.
Jason2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #22
Sir Mattafer

Opion is a jewel in the rough
Just do it....you won't be disappointed. In fact, every time you walk into Guitar Center, you'll only ask to try out the high dollar expensive axes, because every other guitar just...doesn't feel the same.

It's a curse that plays so good.

My originals & mix test clips - slowly but surely growing:
http://soundcloud.com/opion
http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...member=opion59
Opion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #23
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Guys, they're production guitars. Ibanez Prestiges aren't magic, there are bound to be occasional lemons that make it through. Just like every other production guitar. That's why they come with warranties

That said I wouldn't worry about pulling the trigger, as if it's new it has a warranty and if it's not and the seller didn't disclose issues and you pay by a reliable method you can get your money back
Cheesebuiscut likes this.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #24
Sir Mattafer

Opion is a jewel in the rough
^ Very true, no doubt. I admit I have seen some with sustain issues, particularly the S models. It's gonna be like that with every production line...I just happened to strike gold with mine.

My originals & mix test clips - slowly but surely growing:
http://soundcloud.com/opion
http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...member=opion59
Opion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #25
Manufacture

FACTORY is a jewel in the rough
Is Ibanez prestige Quality Hit or miss? From what I've seen at least over the last 10 years in a few guitar shops here in town and in Ontario (who get them brand new of course) I'd say---> Some what yes to--> absolutely, some of the time (unfortunately).

It does happen, I have seen it on some real deal Jem's and on many others in person a few of times over the years. Not that frequent but here and there for sure.

Just saying
FACTORY is offline   Reply With Quote