homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mystix
  • 2 Post By mystix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

mystix is a name known to allmystix is a name known to allmystix is a name known to allmystix is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Intro and Incoming NGD

hi there... i've been posting in the classifieds for a while now. i wanted to make a formal introduction here... i have been a regular on harmony central, mark wein's guitar forums, birds and moons, the gear page, jemsite, and rig talk for a while.

I used to play nothing but Jems and Universes, but sold them all years ago. I've been playing PRS and Gibson since(mostly PRS)... but today, I have this coming in:

mystix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
thats a sweet guitar! welcome! just so you know, its not gonna feel like the jems your used to

i personally seek out the older ibanez for the feel. the new ones just dont "do it" for me.
jymellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

atticmike is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
from prs to this one ?

Reminds me of the ibanez jp signature model.
atticmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
Talk To DeWalt

jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.jymellis is the epitome of metal.
what unis and jems did you have?
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

mystix is a name known to allmystix is a name known to allmystix is a name known to allmystix is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticmike View Post
from prs to this one ?
I still have my PRS'... I have a Custom 22 that I will never ever sell!!!

We'll see how I like it... I have a few days to decide if I want to keep it or not.
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymellis View Post
what unis and jems did you have?
I had 2 Jem 7WH(is that the model number)... the white ones. I remember when you could get them used for less than $1000 on ebay and locally. As for UV's just the UV777BK... I had a few of those.

Great playing guitars, but I just didn't vibe with the locking trems after a while. we'll see how i do with this one.
Unread 08-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystix View Post
I had 2 Jem 7WH(is that the model number)... the white ones. I remember when you could get them used for less than $1000 on ebay and locally. As for UV's just the UV777BK... I had a few of those.

Great playing guitars, but I just didn't vibe with the locking trems after a while. we'll see how i do with this one.

oh, you had newer models.it will play about like those. try an older jem and/ or uni they dont even feel like the same model of guitar compaired to the newer ones
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

well, i got the guitar... she sounds great and plays amazingly well!!! however, it looks like the fretboard is already fading. there are some light spots on some of the frets... you can't see it if you are more than 3 feet away, but when you are playing and look down, you can see it.

she's going back
yidcorer likes this.

My gear:

PRS Custom 22 in Vintage Yellow
EB MM Morse Y2D in Purple
EB MM Liii
Ibanez Jem 777DY
Suhr Pro M4

EVH 5150 iii
Taylor 314CE

My Music:
www.johnmendozamusic.com
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #9
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
well, i got the guitar... she sounds great and plays amazingly well!!! however, it looks like the fretboard is already fading. there are some light spots on some of the frets... you can't see it if you are more than 3 feet away, but when you are playing and look down, you can see it.

she's going back
sounds like the board is a little dry. thats perfectly normal and expected on a new guitar . just give it some lemon oil

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dunlop-F...44-i1134774.gc
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

funny... i already had a bottle of that stuff... i tried it and the fretobard looks great!!! i'll give it a day or so and see how it looks then... she might be a keeper after all. thanks!!!
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
funny... i already had a bottle of that stuff... i tried it and the fretobard looks great!!! i'll give it a day or so and see how it looks then... she might be a keeper after all. thanks!!!

i usually put enough on that it actually wells up and "pools" on the board between the frets. i let it sit for about 20 minutes then rub it all off with an old clean sock. then you have to let it sit about another 30 minutes while occasionally "weeping" the excess out. the board will appear dry, but in a minute or 2, you will see oil on the board again. thats the grain actually absorbing/expanding and pushing out excess oil. not a big deal but feels like shit when you play if you dont let it weep before you restring and play. should be good,dark, and nice feeling for several months after that
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

mountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud ofmountainjam has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Congrats. I had the blue premium for a while. Killer guitar for the money, but jym is right. It just doesn't compare to older mij.
mountainjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
Talk To DeWalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjam View Post
Congrats. I had the blue premium for a while. Killer guitar for the money, but jym is right. It just doesn't compare to older mij.
i wouldnt say "dont compair" the quality on both a damn perfect. the older ones just play a little different. im 34. so i like them to play like they did when i was a teen/early 20s. only way for me to get that "feel" is to buy period correct guitars
Unread 08-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

here's a vid that i just made of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHMP6yD8swk&sns=em
jymellis and s_k_mullins like this.

My gear:

PRS Custom 22 in Vintage Yellow
EB MM Morse Y2D in Purple
EB MM Liii
Ibanez Jem 777DY
Suhr Pro M4

EVH 5150 iii
Taylor 314CE

My Music:
www.johnmendozamusic.com
Unread 08-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #15
Bringer of Storms

ScrotieMcBoogerballs is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh, god. That's a beauty, man! Gassin' hard for a red or purple one, myself.
ScrotieMcBoogerballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #16
Talk To DeWalt

damn nice, very bright! is that your room, tone, or the guitar?
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

The room is bright but the guitar is bright too. Think I'll have to mess with eq a bit to get it to sound just right. A bit thinner sounding than my Prs but that was to be expected
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #18
Talk To DeWalt

sounds awesome! i like bright! its not to bright that its brittle or thin. its bright like it should be try just lowering the high e side of the pup a bit .
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #19
Ibanez <3

guitarister7321 is just really niceguitarister7321 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats on the new guitar! Nice video!
guitarister7321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #20
That one guy

s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats! I just bought the Liquid Inferno model (orange).

PRS Mark Tremonti 10-top

Music Man JPX6 (w/ roasted neck
)
Music Man JPX6 (red sparkle)
Carvin DC727

G&L ASAT Classic

Gibson Thunderhorse Explorer

Ibanez Prestige RG3250MZ

Ibanez Premium RG920QM

PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone

EVH 5150 III -> Mesa Rectifier 212
Fender Super-Sonic 112 combo
s_k_mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 03:54 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

Did you buy that one off of eBay? If so I think I know which one it is and you got a crazy good deal!
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
SS.org Regular

well, i ended up returning the guitar... it was nice enough, but it was just too different than my PRS, Gibson and Strat. it didn't seem to compliment my rig... also, i wasn't a fan of the pickups... i did, however, pick something else up today... pics and vid post later!!!