homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #1

Nick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
NGs&PD!!!

So yeah Ive been dying to get a mahogany body guitar for quite sometime. And I came across this 2011 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe. I usually dont like Gibsons cause well Gibson is Gibson..... But every once in a while they will make a totally kick ass guitar and this is one of those. It plays SO well. This LP has none of the things that I disliked about Gibsons in the past. Its just glorious!
I even like the stock Burstbucker Pro/490R pickups. I mean Ill prob change them later but for now they are cool. Its nice that this has Coil taps and Grovers and not the shitty Kulsons that dont stay intune EVER! I do have a set of Locking Grovers on the way since I just love locking tuners......

I also have REALLY wanted a thinline nylon string with a cutaway and electronics that wasnt too expensive. I tell my buddy this at the store and hes like "I have just the thing!" It was a Yamaha APX 24 Fret thinline nylon string with electronics that was used and in great condish! I snagged that guy up as well.

I also bought some new pedals. I get new pedals SO often that I rarely post them here but these ones are pretty cool so I thought Id post them as well...

So on to the pics!!!!!

P1030487.JPG

P1030476.JPG

P1030479.JPG

P1030478.JPG

P1030473.jpg

When the world flips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall
Nick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

metalheadblues will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That LP is gorgeous
it is seriously beautful
i don't think i can describe how great it looks lol
Hngd
metalheadblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
0000 00 0 0 00 000

MetalBuddah has much to be proud ofMetalBuddah has much to be proud ofMetalBuddah has much to be proud ofMetalBuddah has much to be proud ofMetalBuddah has much to be proud ofMetalBuddah has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice little bit of gear there! Enjoy it dude
MetalBuddah is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Nice paul, looking forward to a review on the freeze too. Looks like a fun pedal.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
The HUMANCENTiPAD

DVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Tasty

http://www.facebook.com/Icosian
DVRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #6

Nick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to all
Thanks guys I actually picked up a Blackstar HT-Boost and a Fender Hot Rot Pro JR 15 amp as well. Yet I somehow forgot to post them in this thread. I guess I kinda went all out this week....

Unread 04-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #7

Man Im really REALLY liking this LP. Ive done a few upgrades so far. 1 being the stock Grovers swapped out for Locking Grovers. Then Ive got a Graphtech Reso Max Bridge with String Saver Saddles and a Graphtech TUSQ Nut on the way. And a Tone Pros Locking Stop Bar. Im thinking about changing the stock tone pots to some No-Load Controls to take the tone controls out of the circuit. Then having a master coil tap instead of one on each volume control. As far as the pickups go... I think Im cool with the neck pickup (for now) but I might change the bridge pickup to the Andy Timmons Dimarzio. Other than that its pretty awesome.....