homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #26
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarholic View Post
Well, not everybody has the same taste and there is nothing wrong with that!!! For example, I am the complete opposite. I love the fact that the B6 was so "perfect" as you said it: "Everything was perfect, like a German car. All the right-angles, contours, binding, the metal plate on the back. It was very hard, very modern, and very simplistic."

So you'd actually hate my guitars, hahahaha:

pic of two stupidly cool guitars

Yes Meesh, I replaced the string
Cheers

Hate is absolutely the wrong word, I think they're fabulous things, PRS too, but for me as my every day instrument they don't sit right. I can completely understand the appeal with Blackmachine. The finish on your Tremonti is mind blowing!

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #27
Chool Whhhip

ToniS is just really niceToniS is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold

...Damn!!
ToniS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
The Armada

JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.JamesM is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
.... you guys, I think they're absolutely breathtaking.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #29
Drop Z regular

TIBrent is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Definitely some of the finest guitars ever made in my opinion. They play like a dream!
-Brent

Stuff that makes me sound like I can play...
TIBrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #30
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Bulb's koa B2 was one of the best guitars I've played in his massive, ever-changing collection. Thing sounds HUGE!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #31

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Bulb's koa B2 was one of the best guitars I've played in his massive, ever-changing collection. Thing sounds HUGE!
The B2 is on a whole nother level, nothing compares, nothing at all. Doug still maintains that my personal one is his favorite build, which is why he is building a twin of it haha.
We are trying to make my B7 its 7 string brother for this reason, it is absolute perfection in a guitar.

The B6 is definitely not on that level, but is nonetheless an amazing guitar, and particularly a phenomenal live guitar (as my B2 and upcoming B7 will be for recording ONLY)
It has a very direct and punchy sound with a lot of midrange which works so well for me, is effortless to play and weighs nothing, and yet sounds like it weighs a lot haha, plus it is super resonant, and that kind of tactile feedback is always appreciated in a live scenario!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #32
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Ok, enough bickering bullshit.

7SoH you're one post from getting banned with that last one, since you seem to follow Misha around just to troll
Misha cool it as well
Cody you can knock it off as well since you were hot for a BM until your order didn't work out

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #33
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
It has a very direct and punchy sound with a lot of midrange which works so well for me, is effortless to play and weighs nothing, and yet sounds like it weighs a lot haha, plus it is super resonant, and that kind of tactile feedback is always appreciated in a live scenario!
I found pretty much the same thing.

Really is a taste thing, I knew that 'poke' that these guitars seem to be particularly good at would suit this kind of playing.

I know what you mean about the resonance, I think the B2 I played has an Ebony (looked like it haha) top and you could feel the whole guitar vibrate, a similar sensation to say a semi hollow or chambered guitar.

I'd never try and put anyone off buying one of these, they're amazing things.

If they made a full thickness one with a fatter neck I'd be first in line to try one out.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #34
Booyah!

Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
The B2 is on a whole nother level, nothing compares, nothing at all. Doug still maintains that my personal one is his favorite build, which is why he is building a twin of it haha.
We are trying to make my B7 its 7 string brother for this reason, it is absolute perfection in a guitar.

The B6 is definitely not on that level, but is nonetheless an amazing guitar, and particularly a phenomenal live guitar (as my B2 and upcoming B7 will be for recording ONLY)
It is like Misha and Matt said. The B2 is ... out of this world. I feel very fortunate that I had a chance to try out this beauty of a guitar.

And the B6 is soooo effortless to play. Got mine last Friday and this thing lets me shred without trying, I love it (love you Meesh). Plus, I think this is the most articulate sounding guitar I've ever played. No room for sloppy playing! I think the only other guitar that had that instant "sit-down-play-it-love-it" feel to it for me is the MusicMan Petrucci.
Guitarholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #35
The Abiding Dude

mhickman2 is just really nicemhickman2 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarholic View Post
It is like Misha and Matt said. The B2 is ... out of this world. I feel very fortunate that I had a chance to try out this beauty of a guitar.

And the B6 is soooo effortless to play. Got mine last Friday and this thing lets me shred without trying, I love it (love you Meesh). Plus, I think this is the most articulate sounding guitar I've ever played. No room for sloppy playing! I think the only other guitar that had that instant "sit-down-play-it-love-it" feel to it for me is the MusicMan Petrucci.
My question for you is why is there no NGD for your B6? There's an invisible binding contract that comes with a Blackmachine that says, "He/She who buys a Blackmachine is hereby obligated to 1)play the .... out of it. 2) read rule 1. 3) post an NGD with several good pictures and give a bio on the guitar on ss.org.
mhickman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #36
Booyah!

Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhickman2 View Post
My question for you is why is there no NGD for your B6? There's an invisible binding contract that comes with a Blackmachine that says, "He/She who buys a Blackmachine is hereby obligated to 1)play the .... out of it. 2) read rule 1. 3) post an NGD with several good pictures and give a bio on the guitar on ss.org.
Won't have time for that until next week. Still in the middle of moving. There's a picture on page one of this thread and some more here: NGD: Blackmachine B2 Flamed Koa Top/Brazillian Fretboard (56k = my pary are with you)
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #37

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
I found pretty much the same thing.

Really is a taste thing, I knew that 'poke' that these guitars seem to be particularly good at would suit this kind of playing.

I know what you mean about the resonance, I think the B2 I played has an Ebony (looked like it haha) top and you could feel the whole guitar vibrate, a similar sensation to say a semi hollow or chambered guitar.

I'd never try and put anyone off buying one of these, they're amazing things.

If they made a full thickness one with a fatter neck I'd be first in line to try one out.
Yeah dude, it is definitely focused to a certain kind of player and sound, which is why i would never blindly recommend a Blackmachine. Hell i didnt give two shits about em till i actually played Nolly's B2.
Some will dig em some wont, just like with EVERY other guitar brand out there haha!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #38
Booyah!

Quote:
Yeah dude, it is definitely focused to a certain kind of player and sound, which is why i would never blindly recommend a Blackmachine. Hell i didnt give two shits about em till i actually played Nolly's B2.
Some will dig em some wont, just like with EVERY other guitar brand out there haha!
+1
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #39
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Ok, enough bickering bullshit.

7SoH you're one post from getting banned with that last one, since you seem to follow Misha around just to troll
Misha cool it as well
Cody you can knock it off as well since you were hot for a BM until your order didn't work out
finally playing one was a big contributing factor to me canceling my order. the lofty pedestal I had placed it on crumbled in all of two minutes playing time. iirc my deposit eventually was picked up by Bulb, so I'm glad somebody who really likes blackmachines ended up with it..

Soundcloud - New clip 9/16/2014
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:19 AM   #40
Electrifying

Quote:
+1

Precisely! It's just another custom shop; all the great thing that come with that, but still totally individual.