homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
The Tooth Fairy

PirateMetalTroy is a splendid one to beholdPirateMetalTroy is a splendid one to beholdPirateMetalTroy is a splendid one to beholdPirateMetalTroy is a splendid one to beholdPirateMetalTroy is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
PRS Torero SE [Have G.A.S. Will Travel]

I've been eyeballing one of these in town for a bit. The one in the store really needs a good setup and my strings on it before I can get a REALLY good idea of how well we'll get along. I'd REALLY like to take it home for a week and get comfy with it, but stores don't really do that...ever.

I'm pretty sure it'll jive with me tonally (all my other guitars are maple neck-thrus with mahogany bodies, EMG's and floyds. I'd just like to hear stories from people who own them or have played them extensively enough to give a reasonable comparison to mid-range ibby models (all mine are the RGT42 variants). let's keep it to personal experience only, please.

Pics for people who have not seen it (because it's sexy).
PirateMetalTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
#3 Forever

MesaENGR412 is just really niceMesaENGR412 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I own two of them, and the other guitarist in my band has one as well. I love them. They play great, sound great, stay in tune really well and hold up on the road with temperature and climate changes. I also love the neck shape, and I came from playing ESP/LTD MH's and Ibanez RG's (year 2000 MIJ's with Wizard I and II necks). I highly recommend the Torero. I play in drop B and they handle it with ease. Here are some pics and links that showcase mine :
Pics:

I installed the black hardware on the red one.

Videos:
Rig Demo with Torero

Talking about the guitar

Studio Video

Watch starting around 2:40

SHAMELESS PLUG
On a side note, my band is giving one away in a contest that is running with the pre-orders of our new cd:

PREORDER HERE

-AJH
MesaENGR412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Sweet Pickle

stryker1800 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love mine, I changed the pickups out cause I don't like EMG's but even with the EMG's the guitar sounded incredible and of course I love the way it plays.
stryker1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

Tristoner7 is a glorious beacon of lightTristoner7 is a glorious beacon of lightTristoner7 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Amazing value for money, I have the Trans-black one and its worth every penny. I say get it.
Tristoner7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Gear Whore

metalvince333 is a name known to allmetalvince333 is a name known to allmetalvince333 is a name known to allmetalvince333 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
amazing guitar! really really thin neck, so if youre used to Ibanez thats perfect! the only problem I have with this guitar is that its pretty heavy but Im used to super light guitars (hufschm(I)d and ltd ec-256). Its awesome, has great substain and plays great with low action so seriously if the weight isnt a problem, go for it 200%.

www.myspace.com/karkaos
My friend: I just had an argument with a girl I know. She was saying how it's unfair that if a guy ....s a different girl every week, he's a legend, but if a girl ....s just two guys in a year, she's a slut. So in response I told her that if a key opens lots of locks, then it's a master key. But if a lock is opened by lots of keys, then it's a shitty lock.
metalvince333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Darren James will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sexy guitar indeed!!!!!!! I love these guitars and agree with the above. Wishful thinking has me wanting one of these in a 7 string model.

Ltd EC1000, Ltd F400FM, Dean Hardtail,
PRS SE 7, Washburn dimslime, 67 Gibson sg
Gibson 1936/37 E-150, Mesa Dual Rec,
Framus Cobra, Orange/Mesa 4x12
Darren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Electrifying

Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.Rook is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I really like the Toreros, it's got a really nice, solid, well made feel to it (as most SE's do) and it sounds nice and fat. The trem is very good, very stable, the whole guitar has a nice weight - not schecter heavy but not crazy light.

Very cool guitars that I can imagine are very easy to get on with for most people.

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is online now   Reply With Quote