homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Miek
  • 6 Post By eaeolian
  • 1 Post By Musza

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
Banned

caparison_x is just really nicecaparison_x is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Aristides *Follow up on Synthetic guitars*

I saw this in the same magazine they did a side by side comparison test with the 010 and the Liekki

This is injection moulded and has some kind of glass and resin neck from what I read

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristides website
The five-way selector switch offers an infinite range of options
I think they forgot the definition of Infinite here but lets just call this artistic licence

Guitars 010 Black | Aristides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristides webpage
Arium

Arium is developed by Dutch engineer Aristides Poort.
The material is extremely hard and its unique cell structure is responsible for the unprecedented quality of sustain and resonance.

Research

Fifteen years ago, Aristides Poort, working in collaboration with Technical University Delft started to work on a unique mission: to develop a material with perfect acoustic properties. The main emphasis was on resonance and sustain.

Wood

The mission started out with research into the material that has been used for instrument building since time immemorial: wood. Studies of different types of top quality wood led to a technical study of cell structures and the mutual differences between them. By answering the question, “What happens to a sound wave in a material at cell level?” it was subsequently possible to design the ideal cell structure.

It soon became clear that, if this material could be developed, it would have acoustic properties that no one would have thought possible before. The material would have the kind of resonance that even the best piece of wood in the world could only deliver in an instrument maker’s wildest dreams.

Result

The result is a material with amazing acoustic properties, which is also perfect for solid die-casting. This means that the whole instrument can resonate without any disruption of the sound waves.

The mission was accomplished and Arium is the result.

This is the original post I made regarding the other synthetic guitar

Flaxwood Liekki Sythetic Material Guitar
caparison_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Of Blood and Sawdust

JaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Yep, a Dutch company. They developed their own synthetic material which is called Arium. It's pretty nuts, I heard one once and it felt like listening to a warmer version of Alder with infinite sustain (ok not infinite but still).

They're really expensive though.
JaeSwift is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeSwift View Post
Yep, a Dutch company. They developed their own synthetic material which is called Arium. It's pretty nuts, I heard one once and it felt like listening to a warmer version of Alder with infinite sustain (ok not infinite but still).

They're really expensive though.
That's alright, they don't know what infinite/infinity is either (had to, even though you corrected yourself).

Those are neat, what is the pricetag like though.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Looks like a Stealth fighter... and priced like one too. Pass.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Looks like a Stealth fighter... and priced like one too. Pass.
oh wow. It would have to be the best playing guitar in the world to justify that price. For 1000$ less I might be curious.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
oh wow. It would have to be the best playing guitar in the world to justify that price. For 1000$ less I might be curious.
So... they should charge more for Parkers, to bring them in line pricewise?

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

Xodus will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love how the super high tech unobtanium guitar only has 22 frets. Also, if they're so interested in resonance, what's with the chunks they carved out of the body?
Xodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #8
POSTING ON INTERNET

Miek is just really niceMiek is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
I love how the super high tech unobtanium guitar only has 22 frets. Also, if they're so interested in resonance, what's with the chunks they carved out of the body?
They make it go faster.
Symb0lic likes this.
Miek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.
WOW if this had a gtfvj body, ggfhj fingerboard, 23 strings tuned in 4ths and blood sausage burst finish I'd be all over it!

IOW not for me. Sorry.
stuz719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
I love how the super high tech unobtanium guitar only has 22 frets.
Some of us like our neck pickup to sound good.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

UnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of lightUnderTheSign is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
Due to import tax, shipping and all that, this would cost a European, or the Dutch anyway, about the same as any 3-4k USA custom shop guitar.

That said, doesn't look like it's really worth it, seems to be more about the whole innovative gimmick.

SPEEDGURU - fuzz/doom/death
http://www.facebook.com/speedgurudoom
UnderTheSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #12
Of Blood and Sawdust

JaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of lightJaeSwift is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I don't get the last sentence. Carving out wood, in my experience, leads to a lot more resonance than when you just leave it as a thick slab of whatever it is. I imagine the same goes for Arium.

EDIT: When it comes to it being ''worth it'' for these guitars, I don't think anyone can judge until you've tried them. It's a completely new type of guitar and guitarists are traditionalists who have loathed nearly all past and recent innovations because it's not what they're used to. This is what they, as a company, have to fight up against.

Just for a second, imagine if it's the best sounding guitar you've ever heard, beating the shit out of all the Suhr's, Tom Anderson's, BRJ, Parkers, Fenders, Ibanez's etc. etc. Then, due to the ''.... innovation'' mentality, people would never see the light of something that could possibly be better than what we are used to. Don't get me wrong, they haven't fully convinced me either (I only heard one once in a boutique store that I was passing by. It stood out to me but I never got to try one) and I'm playing devils advocate when I'm saying it, but it'd still be a waste.

Though I do see the objection on the pricing, it is a lot.
JaeSwift is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

Ryan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of lightRyan-ZenGtr- is a glorious beacon of light
www.basslabs.de also make a uniquely warped version of that 6 string instrument we used to remember from the 50's...

Of course it's expensive... They had to literally create the guitar on an atomic level!

3500 euro isn't expensive considering this: How long would it take you to design a material with the perfect acoustic properties from the cellular level?

Please open a build thread.

Kudos goes to the engineers and the sales pater

Anyone remember the guitar made out of liquid marble and set in a mould? That was meant to sound really heavy... *sorry*... (someone did make it though, with EMG's for extra heaviness *.... REALLY SORRY....* BUT THEY DID MAKE IT!!!)

If anyone can find it please add pics!

Also, Status graphite guitars were around way back in the 80's in London, but they did not care for the guitar and only made basses.

I guess the real question these type of alternate materials ask is why are guitarists lumber loving luddites who do not support the evolution of their instrument?

Why do bass players get all the cutting edge technology? That I cannot explain.
Ryan-ZenGtr- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 05:44 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

Be_eM is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan-ZenGtr- View Post
Also, Status graphite guitars were around way back in the 80's in London, but they did not care for the guitar and only made basses.

Why do bass players get all the cutting edge technology? That I cannot explain.

Well, in many cases bass players also get the nicer woods, pleasingly different from all those flamed maple burst uniforms.

On the other hand… 1982:

Bernd
Be_eM is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

Musza has much to be proud ofMusza has much to be proud ofMusza has much to be proud ofMusza has much to be proud ofMusza has much to be proud ofMusza has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
My test:

quote from the description:
Quote:
It behaves very similar to a wooden guitar. There is a HUGE difference tho - the sustain is incredibly long (and I mean really long) with a very pleasant even fade out. It is definitely worth to check those guitars out... of course if you like the Ferrari's door-like design (as far as I know there is also a Batmobile's door version and a lot more)
The pricing is a bit high but if someone dig the design and is looking for a new dimention of sustain, they starts to be really worth the price. I like when expensive guitars are flawless in terms of finish - that's why I like Aristides and hate Gibson. I don't think I would throw that amount of money on a new OIO/O2O myself but mabe someday I will buy one in used condition tho.
jordie likes this.
Musza is offline   Reply With Quote