homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-15-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PRS Studio guitar announced at NAMM

I like it.

stuz719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
SS.org Regular

Turgon is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
so... is this a lower price model like the Les Paul Studio, or the opposite?

Check out my bands:
Legion, Despised
Turgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Hmm, I'd very much like to try that pickup combination.
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #4
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Having had H- H-H like that I can't say I was a fan, I suppose these pickups might make a difference though.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

nolow is a jewel in the rough
wonder how much it will cost? but looking at those specs I doubt it will be a lower price model like Les Paul Studio.
nolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.stuz719 is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolow View Post
wonder how much it will cost? but looking at those specs I doubt it will be a lower price model like Les Paul Studio.
Agreed. I think the SE line is effectively the Studio.
stuz719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Surely not a lower priced model. More likely a special edition. I would estimate well over 3 grand or more for that guitar.
yellowv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Enselmis is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
Surely not a lower priced model. More likely a special edition. I would estimate well over 3 grand or more for that guitar.
This.

It's basically a standard CU22 with a slightly different pickup combination.

What I'd really like would be to put the new "Gamechanger" by Musicman into a Modern Eagle of some sort, assuming it's possible to buy aftermarket. That would be the greatest guitar on the face of the earth.
Enselmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
The "Studio" model is a reissue of a model they made previously with some slight changes. "Studio" refers to the fact that it is H-S-S, their other guitars don't use that combination. This "new" version just has a humbucker in the bridge and two PRS Narrowfield pickups instead of traditional singles. It will absolutely NOT be cheap. Probably on par with what a custom 22 would run.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Turd Ferguson

yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.yellowv can play Erotomania with his toes.
More than just a standard Cu22 as the 57/08 pickups are uber expensive.
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
SS.org Regular

vanhendrix is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowv View Post
More than just a standard Cu22 as the 57/08 pickups are uber expensive.

To be fair, those are the best pickups i've ever played. I'd put them in everything if i could. Banjo, triangle, you name it.
vanhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #12

Nick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to allNick1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That looks cool. I wish they would have a model that has a 25.5" scale length. I just dont like the straight 25". I Checked out a Modern Eagle with 3 of the Narrowfields and they are a totally different animal than any other pickup Ive tried. They are not like humbuckers nor like single coils nor like P90s. Totally different. Cool but different.

When the world flips you a Jeffery, stroke a furry wall
Nick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
Having had H- H-H like that I can't say I was a fan, I suppose these pickups might make a difference though.
The Narrowfields really aren't hum buckers

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhendrix View Post
To be fair, those are the best pickups i've ever played. I'd put them in everything if i could. Banjo, triangle, you name it.
Oh I didn't say they weren't worth it. They are fantastic.
Unread 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Of Angels View Post
The Narrowfields really aren't hum buckers
They have 2 side by side coils and sets of poles to eliminate the hum, they are by definition a humbucking picking. My guitar was 2 dual blade mini types and a full sized bridge for reference.
Unread 01-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #16
The GAS Man

Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.Adam Of Angels is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 99 reviews
I mean to say that they aren't humbuckers in the traditional sense

[Necris] 6:23 pm: "you will deal with the pork you recieve"
Adam Of Angels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #17
ss.org n00b

JunkMan13013 is a jewel in the rough
IMO The 513 is the PRS studio, alot more tones for recording (never played one, im just going by the switching) Its a nice looking guitar and will sure as hell sound nice, but im still not convinced.

::Rig::
Epiphone Les Paul Standard 7
Dean VMNTx

Ibanez 100 Watt Toneblaster Head
Crate 4x12

[5:40] floydthebarber: i imagine silicone boobs to be like the tit equivalent of EMGs
JunkMan13013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #18
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMyghin View Post
They have 2 side by side coils and sets of poles to eliminate the hum, they are by definition a humbucking picking. My guitar was 2 dual blade mini types and a full sized bridge for reference.
They don't SOUND like humbuckers, that's what he was trying to say. They might be hum-cancelling but that doesn't automatically make it a humbucker. There are hum-cancelling single coil pickups, that's what the narrowfields are.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Thorn, Carvin
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, H&K GrandMeister 36 + Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #19
The Dirt Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
They don't SOUND like humbuckers, that's what he was trying to say. They might be hum-cancelling but that doesn't automatically make it a humbucker. There are hum-cancelling single coil pickups, that's what the narrowfields are.
I know what he meant, but the fact he felt the need to correct me when what I said is not wrong left me in position to clarify and retort. I realize the closer together poles will sample differently than what is traditionally viewed as a humbucker, most 'hum cancelling' singles are stacked coil humbuckers. Humbucker refers to the method and action of the pickup,not the size and shape. It uses 2 coils to cancel the hum, simple as that.
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #20
Dog Sized Bird

PyramidSmasher is a glorious beacon of lightPyramidSmasher is a glorious beacon of lightPyramidSmasher is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMan13013 View Post
IMO The 513 is the PRS studio, alot more tones for recording (never played one, im just going by the switching) Its a nice looking guitar and will sure as hell sound nice, but im still not convinced.
Yeah I dont get it. They're both HSS

Misery Signals for life
PyramidSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote