homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Standard Guitars
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Standard Guitars Six string, standard guitar discussion here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Bastard of Thousands

ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Dean "Dark Knight" MLF

I am once again the proud owner of a beautiful Dark Knight MLF. I originally had #10 but sold it to help fund my wedding. That was my 2nd ML & I was very sad to see it go. I promised myself I'd get one back eventually. This one is #2 of 24 made. This was a Limited Run guitar built by Dean for 24 lucky Forum Members. Out of all the MLs I've owned - the DK was by far one of my favorites. The top on this one is top notch - probly one of the best I've seen on an import Dean. Its been a while since I've played/owned a V-Neck but I quickly got used to it again. I remember that was one of the best things about this run of guitars - the awesome neck carve. This guitar is like new - I had a slight case of Deja Vu when opening the case for the first time. The Mustaine pickups are nice too - I was kind of shocked at how much I like them - they are much brighter sounding than Blackouts, which is my pickup of "choice". I can't see myself totally switching to the Mustaines but I am not driven to swap em out or anything. Nothing wrong with a little variety, right? I know there is a lot of Dean hate here, but this guitar by no means falls into the same category as some of the junk they've built. This axe is 100% top notch. This was built prior to Dean offering OFRs on any imports, so that was not an option. It does have one of the Ping LFRs which is very well built & sturdy. I never had any issues w/ my old one, so I doubt I will on this one either. I do want to upgrade the arm on it though to a collared one. Got this last week & it has barely left my hands at all. Beyond stoked to have one of these back in my collection!

ridner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
At first I thought this was gonna be "Dean Dark Knight - Heath Ledger signature model" but I was mistaken

Congrats on the NGD man! Nice top on that thing!

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

gordomenz is a jewel in the rough
Thing looks minty, I wouldn't mind having one of those.
gordomenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

natspotats is a jewel in the rough
very nice, i want a nice ML myself

Look at this one, asleeps in some bloods
natspotats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Hacker, at best

James_E is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's one hell of a nice top on that guitar. Congrats!
James_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:25 AM   #6
DO CEO / RHLC

AeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to beholdAeonSolus is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIce View Post
At first I thought this was gonna be "Dean Dark Knight - Heath Ledger signature model" but I was mistaken

i thought of that too, the whole dime thing is growing old, i guess they need another dead endorsee.. 10 BUCKS ON BATIO!

Back on subject, That ML is...Win my friend.

Product of my boreness:
https://soundcloud.com/aeonsolus

AeonSolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #7
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
That's the first dean that I've seen in a while that looks good. I like it my friend. Gotta love the flame.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #8
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Looks like the "Dean" licensed trems are actually Gotoh Floyds. That's awesome.

Love Charity Esteem
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's a nice MILF ya' got there! It's got a nice top for sure!
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabguitarist View Post
Looks like the "Dean" licensed trems are actually Gotoh Floyds. That's awesome.
I thought they were either Ping or TRS depending on the production. Would be really nice if they are Gotoh.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Scarpie is just really niceScarpie is just really nice
Wow, congrats dude. THat is real nice. And in all my guitar playing years, I have never played a more comfortable shape than the mL. It never dug into my gut, and was a dream to play sitting down.

Good times followed by the hard times
And the good shall return and this,,,,,,
I do swear
Scarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
Bastard of Thousands

ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.
yea, I love how well MLs "fit" while playing both sitting & standing.

this is a Ping LFR

thanks for all the comments folks!
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #13
SS Contributor

wannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to beholdwannabguitarist is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
I thought they were either Ping or TRS depending on the production. Would be really nice if they are Gotoh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridner View Post
yea, I love how well MLs "fit" while playing both sitting & standing.

this is a Ping LFR

thanks for all the comments folks!
I guess I'm wrong; the saddles and arm holder look exactly like the Gotoh sitting next to me though. I was under the impression the Ping floyd looked like an OFR.

Love Charity Esteem
wannabguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #14
Bastard of Thousands

perhaps I am wrong, but we on the Dean forum were under the impression these came w/ LFRs made by Ping

I haven't torn this one apart yet, but the Dark Knight I used to have didn't say Gotoh on the floyd anywhere & I bought that one new. from memory, the floyd on this one looks identical. would it say Gotoh on it?
Unread 08-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #15
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabguitarist View Post
I guess I'm wrong; the saddles and arm holder look exactly like the Gotoh sitting next to me though. I was under the impression the Ping floyd looked like an OFR.
I wasn't saying you were wrong, it's just I've never heard of Dean using Gotoh, though I'm no Dean expert, so I could be wrong.

The trem posts, string lock screws, and even the arm holder are different to the Gotoh trems I've seen. It could still be an OEM, which would mean Dean would basically choose the design of the unit from the ground up, like Ibanez does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridner View Post
perhaps I am wrong, but we on the Dean forum were under the impression these came w/ LFRs made by Ping

I haven't torn this one apart yet, but the Dark Knight I used to have didn't say Gotoh on the floyd anywhere & I bought that one new. from memory, the floyd on this one looks identical. would it say Gotoh on it?
If it's OEM, there probably won't be a name on it anywhere.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2010, 03:33 AM   #16
ss.org Regular

Disco Volante is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

You mean this one?

EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream, Fully Loaded -Inlays (Born 3/3/09)
ESP LTD Viper 301, w/ Duncans (59' Neck / SH-4 JB Bridge)
Mesa Mark IV Widebody
Disco Volante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #17
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Volante View Post
I was actually joking... please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD tell me that guitar is just a photoshop!

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

Disco Volante is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I was actually joking... please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD tell me that guitar is just a photoshop!
Haha, yeah I Photoshopped it.

EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream, Fully Loaded -Inlays (Born 3/3/09)
ESP LTD Viper 301, w/ Duncans (59' Neck / SH-4 JB Bridge)
Mesa Mark IV Widebody
Disco Volante is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #19
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Looks awesome!
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote